
Escape to Paradise: Bali's Puri Saron Denpasar Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Puri Saron Denpasar - More Than Just a Sunny Photo Op!
Okay, folks, let's be real. Bali? "Escape to Paradise"? It sounds ridiculously clichĆ©, right? But after actually being at Puri Saron Denpasar, yeah, maybe… just maybe… it’s earned the hype. This isn't your Instagram-filtered, perfectly-posed travelogue. This is my messy, honest, and somewhat chaotic take on the place. So, buckle up, because we're going on a ride.
SEO & Metadata (because, you know, the internet demands it):
- Title: Puri Saron Denpasar Review: Bali's Hidden Gem? (Accessibility, Amenities & Honest Thoughts!)
- Keywords: Puri Saron Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia, Hotel Review, Accessible Hotel, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurants, Family Friendly, Wheelchair Accessible, Wi-Fi, COVID-19 Safety, Denpasar, Travel, Vacation
- Meta Description: A candid review of Puri Saron Denpasar in Bali! We cover accessibility, food, spa, and COVID-19 safety measures. Read our honest experience before you book!
First Impressions & Getting There (The Slightly Rambling Prelude):
Landing in Denpasar? The airport chaos is real, people. But the pre-arranged airport transfer from Puri Saron? Smooth. Like, surprisingly smooth. The driver, a lovely Balinese gentleman named Kadek (I think! My memory's a bit fuzzy with the jet lag), whisked us away in an air-conditioned van, which was a godsend in the humid Bali air. The car park on-site was there, ready for us, so we were off without a fuss. The hotel, from the outside, is… well, it's a bit… imposing. A grand faƧade, maybe a tad dated, but there was definitely a sense of history, of some kind of old-world charm lurking within. I was kinda expecting a stuffy, impersonal experience. Boy, was I wrong.
Accessibility: The Good, The Bad, And The "Needs Improvement":
Okay, accessibility is HUGE for me. My sister, bless her heart, uses a wheelchair. So, how did Puri Saron fare?
- Wheelchair Accessible? Mostly. Public areas like the lobby and restaurants were good, with ramps and elevators. The pool area, thankfully, also had accessible routes, which was a huge relief. But the rooms themselves… well, it's complicated. Some rooms are designed for accessibility, but the availability wasn't always crystal clear. Double-check before booking!
- Facilities for Disabled Guests: They've got the essentials: accessible ramps, elevators, and some designated rooms. But the devil's in the details. The room we ended up in wasn't perfectly designed. Bathroom space was a bit tight, and the shower wasn't the most ideal. But the staff were incredibly helpful. They bent over backward to assist, which really made a difference. They also really tried hard and seemed to care. That really made my sister happy.
- Elevator: Yes! A must for those of us with mobility limitations.
- Accessibility Score: 7/10. Good effort, could be better in specific room designs.
Also, it's worth noting the exterior corridor setup. This meant a lot of fresh air (good!), but potentially more noise from other guests (less good, if you're a light sleeper like me!).
Internet: The Digital Detox Dilemma (and the Free Wi-Fi Win!)
Let’s be honest, the internet is a necessity now. Here are the lowdowns:
- Free Wi-Fi in All Rooms! Huge win. Seriously. It was reliable, fast enough to stream, and I was able to Facetime with the kids back home, which was a life-saver!
- Internet Access: The entire hotel has solid Wi-Fi coverage
- Internet [LAN]: I didn't see Ethernet ports in the rooms, but the Wi-Fi was enough for us.
- Internet Services: None of the super-specialized tech support you might find in a business hotel, but the Wi-Fi was enough for our needs.
Cleanliness and Safety (The COVID-19 Clause, Which, Ugh, Still Matters):
Look, COVID is still a thing. I'm not a germaphobe, but I appreciate precautions.
- Hygiene Certification: Yes, they had this and are showing it.
- Staff Trained in Safety Protocol: I saw them doing it.
- Daily Disinfection in Common Areas: Yep.
- Room Sanitization Opt-Out Available: Thank God! (I hate that smell!)
- Anti-viral cleaning products, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays: Yes!
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Important.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere!
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: They tried, but it's Bali. It’s hard sometimes.
- Safe dining setup: They tried.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Thank GOD! Those harsh smells are a nightmare.
But… About That Poolside Bar…
I got to sit there and watch the sunset. Bliss. Okay, confession time: I may have spent an unhealthy amount of time at the poolside bar. They had decent cocktails (the Mai Tai wasn't terrible), but the real highlight were the staff. Sweet, friendly, always smiling. I mean, genuine smiles, not the forced kind. They remembered my name (a bit worrying, actually, considering how often I was there), and the small talk was actually enjoyable, a nice change from all that "Sir, can I help you?" stuff. The Pool with view – epic. The views were worth the price of admission alone.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (Send Help, I Ate Too Much!):
Alright, let’s get real. Food is important, okay? Bali is a culinary adventure.
- Breakfast [Buffet]: Massive. Absolutely massive. Asian and Western options galore. I was in heaven (and then felt guilty for the rest of the day).
- Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant: Lots of Indonesian options and they were good.
- Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant: Eggs, bacon, toast… the usual suspects.
- Restaurants: Multiple choices, from casual to a bit more refined.
- A la carte in restaurant: You can order off the menu. Imagine that!
- Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Needed both. Regularly.
- Room service [24-hour]: Perfect for those late-night cravings.
- Poolside bar: Already mentioned my obsession.
- Happy hour: Yes!
- Snack bar: Good for a quick bite.
- Desserts in restaurant: Oh, the desserts. Dangerous.
- Bottle of water: Always provided. Essential!
- Breakfast takeaway service: They offered it, should you need it.
- Buffet in restaurant: More than you can eat.
- Soup in restaurant, Salad in restaurant: Healthy(ish) options.
- Alternative meal arrangement: The staff were accommodating with dietary requests.
- Vegetarian restaurant: There was a separate veg menu in one of the restaurants.
- International cuisine in restaurant: Enough variety to please everyone.
The Spa: My Descent Into Bliss (And Maybe a Nap or Two):
I am not a spa person. I usually find it pretentious. But, oh, the Spa/sauna at Puri Saron… I caved. And I’m so glad I did.
- Spa: First off, the atmosphere was magical. Tranquil. And the prices were surprisingly reasonable.
- Body scrub, Body wrap, Massage: I got the Balinese massage. I’m pretty sure I reached a state of pure, unadulterated relaxation. Like, I think I actually drooled. Don’t judge me. It was THAT good.
- Sauna, Steamroom: These were pure joy.
- Foot bath: Refreshing.
- Pool with view: Beautiful.
Things to Do, Ways to Relax (Besides Eating and Spa-ing, Obviously):
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Huge, beautiful, and well-maintained.
- Fitness center, Gym/fitness: It was there, but… I’m on vacation!
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Kids facilities: They cater to families. I saw kids everywhere (and they seemed to be having a blast).
- Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour]: They had great safety measures.
- Couple's room: Seemed romantic.
- Luggage storage, Concierge, Doorman, Front desk [24-hour], Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Ironing service, Air conditioning in public area, Business facilities, Meeting/banquet facilities: All the practical stuff you need is there.
- **Car

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my chaotic Balinese adventure at the Puri Saron Denpasar. This isn't your pristine, Instagram-filtered itinerary. This is real life unfolding in a tropical paradise. Prepare for sunburns, questionable street food, and possibly, a major existential crisis.
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Pool Debacle (aka, "Why Did I Wear a White Swimsuit?")
- 7:00 AM (ish): Landed at DPS. The air hits you like a warm, perfumed hug. Bliss! Briefly. Until the baggage carousel decided to play hide-and-seek with my suitcase for, like, a solid hour. I was already sweating, and not in a good, "sun-kissed goddess" kind of way. More like, "I'm going full meltdown under fluorescent airport lights" way.
- 8:30 AM: Finally at the Puri Saron. Lobby is gorgeous, all teak and frangipani. Check-in was smooth, the staff were ridiculously friendly. I felt a flicker of hope. Maybe this trip wouldn't be a disaster.
- 9:00 AM: Room! Lovely, clean, air-conditioned. A sanctuary! I dumped my stuff, threw on my (apparently ill-advised) new white swimsuit, and bolted for the shimmering pool. The water beckoned. Freedom promised.
- 9:30 AM: Sunscreen? Oh dear. Forgot.
- 10:00 AM: Okay, so, the pool is amazing. Big, turquoise, lined with lush greenery. I'm floating, breathing, feeling… Then the sun. Sweet, sweet, murderous sun. Turns out, I resemble a lobster now. And my white swimsuit? Translucent. Let's just say I'm seriously considering a career change to professional seaweed gatherer.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch – a rather pathetic, lobster-red me hiding in the shade devouring sate lilit (delicious!). Also, learning about the importance of SPF 50+ and perhaps, a more appropriate swimwear colour.
- 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Napping. Lots of napping. Followed by frantic aloe vera application.
- 6:30 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was alright - nothing earth-shattering, but filling. Mostly, I was busy battling the urge to scratch my entire body. This sunburn, I tell you… is brutal.
- 8:00 PM: Bed. Praying to the sunburn gods for mercy.
Day 2: Temples, Traffic, and the Mystery of the Gamelan Music
- 7:00 AM: Woke up, feeling slightly less like a crispy critter. Sunscreen application is now a religious experience.
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet was a bit of a free-for-all, but the fresh tropical fruit was divine. Mangoes! Papayas! I ate my weight in sunshine.
- 9:00 AM: Hired a driver (shoutout to Ketut – a lovely man who may or may not have judged my sunburn). Off to Pura Taman Ayun temple. The drive? An adventure. Think: scooters, dogs, chickens, and the constant, cacophonous honk honk of Balinese traffic. Pure sensory overload.
- 11:00 AM: Pura Taman Ayun. Stunning. The architecture is breathtaking. The water around the temple reflects everything perfectly. The air hums with an energy I can't explain, but definitely feel. The place is packed with tourists and the local people come to worship, it a real mix of the cultures. A photographer was there with his model and taking photos and I asked him to take a picture of me as well – it was amazing. I walked around, completely mesmerized.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch – another street food adventure. This time, I braved nasi goreng from a warung. Spicy, delicious, and served with what I can only describe as “questionable hygiene.” But I loved it. Regret? Maybe later.
- 2:00 PM: Traffic. More traffic. Bali traffic is a force of nature. I swear, my driver could make a scooter dance the Macarena in the middle of it.
- 3:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Pool time (with strategic shade and a bucketload of sunscreen!).
- 4:00 PM-6:00 PM: Relax at the pool and watch people. There was this one couple and seemed to be on the trip of their life together but maybe, they are only on the trip of their life and this is just a moment, a memory of the beautiful life that they will enjoy together in future.
- 7:00 PM: The main thing happening at the Puri Saron Denpasar Hotel Bali is the music and dancing. Every night, the Balinese people play traditional music. I loved it! The instruments were played and the melodies were so amazing. I didn’t understand what was happening when it started and I was so focused on it and I had to ask one of the people working at the hotel. I watched the dancers dancing. The next night I went back and sat at the place where they were playing the instrument and it the best.
Day 3: The Great Spa Escape and a Battle with a Mosquito
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. I bravely battled the buffet once more – a warrior fueled by mangoes and the fear of getting hangry.
- 10:00 AM: Spa time! Finally. I booked a traditional Balinese massage. It was glorious. My skin felt like butter. My muscles, happy. My mind? Completely blank. This is what heaven feels like.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch – more questionable street food. This time, it's mie goreng. Still delicious. Still worth the potential risk of a stomach upset.
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM: Chilling at the pool. Reading. Trying not to get sunburned again. Success!
- 5:00 PM: The mosquito. It was a monster. A tiny, buzzing, blood-sucking monster. We had a full-blown battle in my room. I lost.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. I took extra precautions to protect myself from the mosquito.
- 7:00 PM: Packing. It feels like I am going to a more beautiful place than the place that I am going to.
Day 4: Departure and the Epilogue of This Messy, Wonderful Journey
- 7:00 AM: Last breakfast. I’m already missing the mangoes. And the chaos.
- 8:00 AM: Check out. The hotel staff are genuinely sad to see me go.
- 9:00 AM: Airport bound. The drive is a whirlwind of last-minute souvenir shopping and a wistful longing for more time.
- 10:00 AM: Waiting for the flight.
- 11:00 AM: Plane takes off.
- 5:00 PM: Back home. Jetlagged. Sunburnt. Slightly mosquito-bitten. But also, utterly, completely, and irrevocably changed. Bali, with all its imperfections and insane traffic and the crazy food, had gotten under my skin. It was a mess. It was real. And I loved every utterly bonkers moment.
Final Thoughts:
This wasn't the perfect, meticulously planned trip I envisioned. It was far more chaotic, more delicious, more exhausting, and more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. If you go to Bali, embrace the mess. The sunburns. The traffic. The questionable street food. The mosquitoes. Because in the chaos, you find the magic. And trust me, the magic is worth it.
Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor: Your Dream Stay Awaits!
Escape to Paradise: Puri Saron Denpasar - Seriously, Awaits! (My Brain Dump)
So, Puri Saron Denpasar... Bali... Is it even *remotely* worth the hype?
Alright, alright, but what's the actual *hotel* like? Is it falling apart? (Asking for a friend... who is also me.)
The Food... Is the food any good? Because bad hotel food is a dealbreaker.
Swimming Pool? Because, come on, it's Bali! Gotta have a pool.
Location, location, location! Is it actually well-located for, you know, *Bali stuff*?
What's the staff like? Are they actually helpful, or just faking it?
Okay, spill the tea. What was the *one* thing that REALLY stood out? Good or bad. Go for it.
So, would you actually recommend it? Is it a good value for the money?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Bali's Puri Saron Denpasar Awaits!"