298 on 34th: Pretoria's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th: Pretoria's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into my experience at 298 on 34th in Pretoria. And let me tell you, it's not just a "review," it's a vibe. This place… well, let's just say it left me reeling in the best way possible. SEO is going to have a FIELD DAY with this thing, but prepare for some real talk.

SEO & Metadata Smorgasbord (because apparently, that's important):

  • Title: 298 on 34th: Pretoria's Hidden Gem (and a Few Tears of Joy) - A Raw Review!
  • Keywords: 298 on 34th, Pretoria, South Africa, Luxury Hotel, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Accessible Hotel, Wheelchair Accessible, Free Wi-Fi, Fitness Center, Reviews, Best Hotels Pretoria, Romantic Getaway, Family Friendly, Business Travel, Spa Day, Fine Dining, Exceptional Service, Cleanliness, Safety, Pretoria Hotels, South African Hotels, Hidden Gem, Best Stay
  • Meta Description: Forget the cookie-cutter hotels! My unfiltered experience at 298 on 34th in Pretoria. From the breathtaking pool to the insane service, I spill the tea (and maybe a few tears of happiness). Get ready for a messy, honest, and hilarious review of this Pretoria paradise.

The Unvarnished Truth (aka My Experience):

First off, let's get one thing straight: I’m a sucker for a good story. And 298 on 34th? It's practically screaming to be told. I'd heard whispers, online buzz, the usual hype before I actually went there. But honestly, I walked in expecting… well, something. Let's just say my expectations got absolutely obliterated in the best way possible.

Accessibility – The "Actually Good" Kind:

Okay, so I’m not a wheelchair user, but I always pay attention to accessibility. And at 298 on 34th, they clearly get it. The website is up-to-date, there are accessible rooms, the layout is pretty open. They don’t just tick a box you know? It's a real effort, there’s elevators and ramps everywhere, a solid plus in my book.

  • Wheelchair Accessible: Yup. Big thumbs up.
  • Elevator: Check.
  • Facilities for disabled guests: Clearly a priority.

The Sanctuary of Chill (Spa, Pool, and Relaxation – OH MY!)

Oh. My. Goodness. Where do I even begin? The spa? The pool with a view? Listen, I’m an expert relaxer (it's a skill, I tell you), and this place… this place delivered.

  • Swimming Pool (Outdoor): The pool. Just… the pool. It felt like something out of a movie! The view? Stunning. The water? Cool and inviting. I could have stayed there all day (and honestly, I almost did). The sun loungers were comfy, the staff were offering drinks, it was pure bliss.
  • Pool with view: Definitely.
  • Spa/Sauna: I didn’t use the Sauna but the spa… I got a massage. Listen to me. I was tense. I was wound up tighter than a drum. And the masseuse (her name was Mbali – bless her soul) worked her magic. She was like a wizard with hands of gold! I almost fell asleep and that's saying something. It wasn't just a massage, it was a release.
  • Body scrub/Body wrap: I skipped these, but there were available options.
  • Sauna, Steamroom, Foot Bath, Gym/Fitness: I skipped all of these even though I did note the gym. I chose the pool. Judge me if you like.
  • Massage: Oh yes. Yes, yes, YES.

Cleanliness and Safety – Breathing Easier:

Okay, so the world's a bit… weird these days. But 298 on 34th made me feel safe. Cleanliness was impeccable.

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Appears likely, given the overall sparkle.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Definitely noticed it.
  • Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. Like, seriously, everywhere.
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: You could tell.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: They were on it. Professional, but friendly. Not robotic.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – My Stomach's Love Story:

The food. Ugh. The food! I am a HARD critic. I get grumpy when I'm hungry. And the food! Let me just say my stomach was incredibly pleased.

  • Restaurants: There were several. I tried them all (well, almost).
  • Asian cuisine & Western cuisine in restaurant: Both. Both were phenomenal. Incredible options.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant/Coffee shot: Yes! Excellent.
  • Breakfast [buffet]: Excellent, and extensive.
  • Breakfast in-room: Yes this was possible.
  • Room service [24-hour]: Lifesaver status. The late-night snacks? Don't judge.
  • Snack bar: Perfect for poolside grazing.
  • A la carte in restaurant: Also available.
  • Bar, Poolside Bar: Loved them both.
  • Bottle of water: Always provided.

The Room – My Temporary Kingdom:

My room was gorgeous. Seriously gorgeous. A massive bed, a massive TV. A writing desk (which, for a writer like me, is like a throne!).

  • Air conditioning: Essential for Pretoria weather.
  • Free Wi-Fi: Fast and reliable.
  • Bathrobes, Slippers, and Toiletries: Luxury personified.
  • Additional toilet: This was a plus.
  • Mini bar: stocked!
  • Blackout curtains: Crucial for a good sleep.
  • High floor: View was amazing.
  • Soundproofing: Peace and quiet.
  • Wake-up service: Yes, I needed it.
  • Safe Box: Perfect place to put my important things.
  • Complimentary Tea/Coffee maker: Essentials!

Services and Conveniences – The Little Touches That Matter:

It's the little things that make a place truly shine. And 298 on 34th excels in these areas.

  • Concierge: Super helpful and friendly.
  • Daily housekeeping: Pristine.
  • Laundry service: Very useful.
  • Cash withdrawal: Convenient.
  • Currency exchange: Helpful.
  • Elevator: Easy to get everywhere.
  • Air conditioning in public area: Very comfortable.
  • Car park [free of charge]: Always a bonus.

For the Kids – Family-Friendly Fun (even if I didn’t have any):

Even though I was traveling solo, I noticed the family-friendly vibe.

  • Babysitting service: Available.
  • Family/child friendly: Indeed.

Getting Around – Ease of Access:

  • Airport transfer: They arranged it seamlessly.
  • Car park [on-site]: Convenient.
  • Taxi service: Available.
  • Valet parking: Available.

Things to Do (and Things I Wish I Did):

Pretoria is full of stuff to do. 298 on 34th is also a destination in itself.

  • Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Seminars: They cater to this.
  • Audio-visual equipment for special events, Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events: It's perfect for all types of events.
  • Proposal spot: I saw a couple doing it! Romantic.

The Imperfections (Because Nothing is Perfect, Darling):

Okay, okay, I'm gushing, I know. But I HAVE to be honest. There was one minor… hiccup. My room key initially didn't work. But honestly? The staff fixed it within seconds. And honestly, that level of responsiveness? That's what makes a place truly great. It shows they care.

The Emotional Verdict – Tears of Joy (Literally):

Look, I don’t throw around superlatives lightly. But 298 on 34th? It’s special. It's not just a hotel; it's an experience. It’s a place to unwind, to recharge, to feel pampered. I left feeling utterly refreshed, utterly blissed out, and (yes, I’ll admit it) with a tear or two of joy streaming down my face. It's a hidden gem, alright. And honestly, if you don't go, you're missing out. Go. Just go. And tell them I sent you. šŸ˜‰

Liverpool's BEST Kept Secret: Comfort Inn & Suites Clay Bayberry (NY)!

Book Now

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th: A Pretoria Pilgrimage (Or, How I Learned to Love Biltong and Loathe Traffic)

Alright, let's be honest. This "itinerary" is less a meticulously planned adventure and more a loose collection of hopes, dreams, and the looming threat of load shedding. I'm at 298 on 34th, pretending to be organized, while my brain's already halfway through that delicious koeksister I had for breakfast. So, here we go:

Day 1: Arrival & The Great Biltong Blowout (Plus, a near-miss with a zebra crossing)

  • Morning (whenever I haul myself out of bed): Land in to OR Tambo (Johannesburg) - thank God, no flight delays! The drive to Pretoria is usually a breeze, especially if you can avoid peak hour…which, let's be real, is a statistical impossibility. This time, it was HORRIBLE, I was so exhausted and thirsty from the journey. After being dropped off at the guesthouse a nice bloke (more on him later) helped me with my bags, the room looks lovely. Good start.
  • Midday (ish): A wander around the neighborhood. 298 on 34th is in a cute area of Pretoria - leafy streets, old houses with character… but wait, who even uses a zebra crossing anymore?! Nearly got mowed down by a bakkie (that's a pickup truck, for the uninitiated) while admiring a particularly flamboyant jacaranda tree. Note to self: look both ways, even if there aren't cars.
  • Afternoon: The Biltong Extravaganza! Seriously, I'm going ALL IN. My first stop? The local butcher (the one mentioned in the guesthouse's pamphlet, and the bloke from earlier - turns out he works there, and gives discounts to regulars. Score!). I'm talking droĆ«wors, biltong in every flavor imaginable (chilli, garlic, pepper… it's overwhelming!), and a deep dive into the art of the biltong stick. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I bought a whole sack. I ate most of it in one sitting. I may or may not have made a mess. The texture. The savory punch. The pure, unadulterated South Africanness of it all. Pure bliss.
  • Evening: Dinner. I might attempt a braai (barbecue). I'm envisioning smoky flavors, the satisfying sizzle of meat on the coals… In reality, I'll probably burn the sausages and end up ordering pizza. But hey, the thought counts, right?

Day 2: Cultural Immersion (and a Crash Course in Afrikaans)

  • Morning: Time to embrace the history! I'm aiming, through the use of public transport, to visit the Union Buildings. The architecture is magnificent, the history… well, it's complicated. I'll be trying not to get lost in the process. Pretoria's public transport is… an experience. Let's just leave it at that. Wish me luck.
  • Mid-day A quick stop in the local restaurants, I had the most delicious curry ever.
  • Mid-afternoon: The Voortrekker Monument. This place… it's imposing. And honestly, a little bit overwhelming. The sheer scale of the monument, the intricate carvings, the echoes of the past… it’s a lot to take in. I'll try, and I mean REALLY TRY, to keep an open mind and understand the significance of this place, even if my own personal history feels a little… disconnected.
  • Evening: Afrikaans lesson time! My Afrikaans skills are currently limited to "lekker" and "dankie." I desperately need to expand my vocabulary. I’m hoping the lesson will take place in a local pub. Nothing like a pint of Castle Lager to grease the wheels of language learning, right? Though, I have heard that sometimes I slur my words.

Day 3: Retail Therapy & Jacaranda Season's Lament

  • Morning: Shopping! I'm heading to a local market to find some truly unique souvenirs. I am very afraid of being completely scammed and taken over the coals. Let's hope I survive, maybe buy some biltong, because there can never be enough.
  • Midday: The Jacaranda Blues. Pretoria is famous for its jacaranda trees that bloom in spring, turning the city a vibrant purple. However, I'm visiting too late in the year, so I missed it. Devastation. It's a deep, profound sadness. Think of a whole city covered in a purple haze, a perfect Instagram moment… and I missed it. I might just cry. Or, more likely, I'll go and find a good coffee shop.
  • Afternoon: The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa (Pretoria Zoo). I’m a sucker for a good zoo! Hoping to see some lions, maybe an elephant… and definitely the giant rhino. I'm pretty sure I'll be judging the zoo's ethical practices, but shhh, don't tell anyone.
  • Evening: Farewell dinner. I'm torn between somewhere fancy and… a biltong-fueled binge. I'll probably end up doing both, to be honest. With a side of regret and a hearty dose of "I probably should've paced myself with the biltong."

Day 4: Departure

  • Morning: One last breakfast at 298 on 34th (if the power's still on!). Final biltong farewell. Packing my bags. And the journey back to the airport.
  • Afternoon: The long journey home, the memories. The good, the bad, and the delicious (especially the biltong).

This itinerary, as you can see, is more of a suggestion than a strict schedule. It's a promise of adventure, a dash of self-deprecating humor, and a whole lotta biltong. Pretoria, I'm ready for you. (And I'm bringing a large Ziploc bag for the leftovers.)

Escape the City: Luxury at LaGuardia Marriott NYC!

Book Now

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa```html

298 on 34th: Pretoria's Hidden Gem - You NEED to See! (But Seriously, Maybe Bring Your Own Coffee)

Okay, fine, spill the tea! What *exactly* is 298 on 34th? Is it a castle? A speakeasy? My therapist's office?

Alright, alright! So, picture this: a charming old house in the heart of Pretoria. It's got this… *vibe*. Think overgrown garden, mismatched furniture that still somehow works, and an air of relaxed creativity. It's not a castle (disappointing, I know – I judge a place by its turrets). Not a speakeasy (though a stiff drink wouldn't go amiss after some of their…pronouncements...). Not your therapist's office (thank the gods, though I've probably *needed* a session afterward). It’s a… well, it's a space. A gallery? A performance venue? A place where artists *actually* hang out? It's all of that, and none of it. It's just... 298 on 34th. And honestly? You just kinda have to *experience* it.

Sounds…vague. What kind of art are we talking about? Picasso? Van Gogh? Stick figures drawn on a napkin?

Okay, here’s the deal: don’t expect the Louvre. But absolutely *do* expect stuff that’ll make you think, and maybe, just maybe, feel something. I’ve seen everything from incredibly moving photography exhibits to performances that leave you pondering life – or, you know, running for the bathroom. (One time, a guy… well, let's just say he was wearing a lot of glitter and wasn't afraid to use it. The *memory*...) There's usually a good mix of mediums - sculpture, painting, installations... and honestly, sometimes the most interesting stuff happens *outside* the designated art itself, amongst the people. You know, the life-of-the-party types, or the ones huddled in a corner looking deeply intense. It's the whole package, baby!

Alright, I'm intrigued. But what about the food and drinks? Essential, these things!

Right, the all-important fuel. Okay, this is where it gets a little… *unpredictable*. They *usually* have something. Coffee? Well, don't set your expectations too high. I’ve had the best coffee of my life *and* the worst *ever* there, all in one weekend. It’s a gamble. My advice? Bring your own thermos. And definitely sneak in some delicious biscuits – because art makes you hungry, my friends. Drink-wise, usually there are drinks, though on one occasion I arrived and found some guy had brought his own (very smugly, I might add) bottle of wine. But the vibe is that if you arrive empty handed, you probably find something and someone to share it with.

Is it expensive? I blew all my money on catnip last week.

Thankfully, 298 is usually pretty accessible. Most events are free or very reasonably priced. No judging you on the catnip either; we've all got our priorities! They're all about fostering the arts, not robbing the patrons. I mean, you're probably going to want to buy *some*thing… a piece of art maybe, a book from a local author... but the overall experience is designed to be inclusive.

Okay, sold! But what's the vibe *really* like? Will I feel like the odd one out? I’m not exactly a hipster.

Okay, so. The vibe is… relaxed chaos? It's like a wonderfully messy hug from a slightly eccentric aunt. You'll find all sorts there. The artistic types, sure, the ones who look like they've just stepped out of a fashion magazine (or a particularly arty dumpster, I can't always tell). But you'll also find people who just wandered in, curious locals, students, probably a few lost tourists. I've been there in jeans and a t-shirt, and I've never once felt like I didn't fit in. Everyone is there to share, to experience, to create. And, honestly, to escape the mundanity of real life, even just for a few hours. So just go, be yourself. And if anyone gives you a sideways glance? Just give them a smile and pour them a cup of that questionable coffee.

So, what's the *best* thing about 298 on 34th? Because I still need to be convinced!

Okay, THIS is where I get *serious*. The BEST thing? (Drumroll, please!) It's the *experience*. I went there once for a poetry slam, and what happened was… well, it still gives me goosebumps. The place was packed, the air was thick with anticipation, the poet was a woman with fire in her eyes, and a cadence that took you by the throat. And the words! They were raw, they were honest, they were about heartbreak, and about hope, and about the sheer bloody *mess* of being human. And at the end? There was a collective silence, so deep, so profound that you could practically *feel* the silence. Then, applause erupted. Tears, laughs. And then, everyone started talking *to each other*. Genuinely *connecting*. Sharing their own stories. I met someone that night who's now a best friend. The power of art in that place made everything else in the world… just fade away. It was a connection with humanity that I’ve never forgotten. And that's what you're truly signing up for at 298 on 34th. You're signing up for a chance to *feel*. And, trust me, that's worth the slightly dodgy coffee and the occasional glitter bomb.

So, any warnings? Things I should definitely avoid?

Hmm... Let's see. Don't expect a white-glove service. (You might *find* a white glove, but don't expect it to be clean.) Don't be afraid to talk to people. Seriously. And maybe, *maybe* just check the weather forecast. The outdoor spaces are lovely, but Pretoria weather? It can be brutal, and the air conditioning is, shall we say, 'optional'. Oh, and one more thing. Don't go expecting to be entertained. Go expecting to be… *challenged*. You may get a bit lost at times. You may disagree with something you see or hear. You may be utterly baffled. But that's part of the magic. Just embrace the chaos. And bring your phone, so you can share your crazy story!

Anything else? Any secret wisdom you can impart to a newbie?

Okay, final piece of (slightly unasked for) wisdom. Forget your pre-conceived notions. Be open to anything and everything. Say yes to the experience! Take photos, but try not to be *that* person glued to their phone all night. Listen more than you talk. And for the love of allTrip Stay Finder

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

298 on 34th Pretoria South Africa

Post a Comment for "298 on 34th: Pretoria's Hidden Gem You NEED to See!"