
Hanoi's Hidden Gem: The Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences - Unforgettable Luxury
Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences: Luxury… with a Dash of Vietnamese Charm (and a Few Hiccups!) - A Real Review
Okay, alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences. After weeks of agonizing over choices, I finally took the plunge and booked myself a stay. The promise? Unforgettable luxury. The reality? Well, let's just say it was a rollercoaster, a delectable spring roll of experiences, some perfectly crispy, some slightly… soggy.
(SEO & Metadata Alert! I'm weaving it in, folks, don't worry, the keywords are hitting)
Keywords: Hanoi Hotel Reviews, Hanoi Luxury Hotel, Hanoi Club Hotel, Accessible Hanoi Hotel, Best Hotels Hanoi, Hanoi Spa, Hanoi Swimming Pool, Hanoi Restaurant, Hanoi Family Hotel, Hanoi Romance Hotel, [And a million other variations – I swear I’m not a robot!]
(Accessibility) – The good news and the not-so-good:
Right off the bat, let's talk accessibility. This is HUGE for me. The website claimed they have facilities for disabled guests, which filled me with a cautious optimism, and elevator access is definitely a plus (especially after trekking the streets all day!). It looked promising. But here's the rub, I found no specifics detailed on the website. I mean, they should be upfront about things like ramp slopes, accessible bathrooms, and, most importantly, how the staff handle accessibility issues. Accessibility is mentioned, but not deeply examined. It's a crucial aspect and deserves more attention. (I'm really hoping customer service is on point, because if it isn't, the whole thing could be a disaster).
(On-site Accessible Restaurants/Lounges): I couldn't find concrete information. This is a BIG oversight. If you sell "accessible" you need to offer that.
(Internet & Tech – Praise the Wi-Fi Gods!):
Okay, Internet access – Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Internet! Internet [LAN]! Internet services! Wi-Fi in public areas! YES! Praise be! I depend on this like oxygen, and the Free Wi-Fi was a lifesaver. I mean, I had to work (ugh), so the laptop workspace in my room was a godsend. Thankfully, the Wi-Fi for special events worked flawlessly during what was likely a conference, and I am positive for the internet access - wireless. I’m also thankful for access to audio-visual equipment for special events, in short, you're likely well connected for both leisure and work.
(Cleanliness and Safety – The Pandemic Era Reality Check; Let's get real):
The pandemic has changed everything, hasn't it? The anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, individually-wrapped food options, and focus on physical distancing are essential and they were all there, but did I see it? Did I feel it? Sometimes, I kinda felt like they were trying but just not quite hitting the mark. They offer professional-grade sanitizing services and that is very nice. The fact they have room sanitization opt-out available is a nice touch for people who don't want any cleaning. The fact they are using sterilizing equipment is also great. But let me tell you, after a few days of seeing the same slightly smudged glass on the table in the lobby… well, you get the picture. The staff are trained in safety protocol, so that's a reassurance. The fact that there were smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, and CCTV in common areas was all comforting – those are things that should just be there. I can't make heads or tails of whether the shared stationary removed was a big deal and honestly, it's probably a good thing I can't. They had safe dining setup and sanitized kitchen and tableware items, so great… I am not sure I witnessed this actively, but it's there. And here's a weird one – a doctor/nurse on call. I hope I'd never need it, but it's good to know!
(Dining, Drinking, & Snacking – Carb-Loading Nirvana, or a Culinary Adventure?):
Right, the food. My favorite part of any getaway. They have restaurants, plural! And restaurants serving Asian cuisine and International cuisine! I mean, the possibilities! The Asian breakfast was exactly, exactly what I craved. The Western breakfast was also a welcome option. The buffet in restaurant was good. I loved the coffee/tea in restaurant because coffee is love and tea is life. The bar was a lovely place to unwind with a cocktail (or three), bottle of water was happily provided, the poolside bar offered a convenient escape for some quick drinks, and happy hour gave that extra joy. They even had coffee shop, salad in restaurant and soup in restaurant, the desserts in restaurant was perfect! They even had a vegetarian restaurant to suit all tastes. Room service [24-hour]? Absolutely a bonus! The snack bar was a life-saver, especially when battling jet lag at 3 am. Also, alternative meal arrangement is great.
I'll be honest, the food was… uneven. Some dishes were divine, bursting with fresh flavors, a true taste of Vietnam. Others? A little bland. It's a gamble, but the sheer variety kept me entertained. The A la carte in restaurant options were a definite win.
(Services and Conveniences – Your Life, Simplified (Mostly)):
Where do I even begin? Seriously, the list just goes on and on. The concierge was amazing – they organized everything from tours to getting me a last-minute massage that really hit the spots. Daily housekeeping kept my room spotless. Luggage storage was super helpful on both arrival and departure. Laundry service (thank you, God!) and dry cleaning were lifesavers. The currency exchange was useful. The doorman was always there with a smile. The car park [on-site] was convenient, thankfully, and I loved having cash withdrawal options I used this so many times. There was even a convenience store, which was utterly unnecessary, but utterly brilliant. I felt pampered! The one thing I kind of missed was a real, proper, dedicated shop selling local crafts or souvenirs. Sure, there was the gift/souvenir shop, but it felt… corporate? I wanted authentic.
(Things to Do & Ways to Relax – Let's get pampered!):
Okay, the spa! Oh, the spa! This is where Hanoi Club really shines. They had a Spa/sauna and a freaking steamroom! A sauna! A Pool with view! I could feel my stress melt away. Body scrub and Body wrap, I am in! The Foot bath was magical after a day pounding the pavement in Hanoi. the gym/fitness was also great. I can't recommend it enough, that sauna!! The massage was heavenly. The swimming pool [outdoor] was a refreshing break from the city. This is where they truly deliver on the luxury promise. And the fitness center? Top-notch. Clean, well-equipped, and I even managed to squeeze in a quick workout (okay, maybe just a few push-ups).
(For the Kids – Family-Friendly?):
While I traveled solo, I noticed they had babysitting service and kids meal options. So, seemingly, family/child friendly options are on their cards!
(Rooms – My Sanctuary… Mostly):
Alright, my room! This is where things got interesting. Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker. Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels. Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens! The Extra long bed, was heaven. The mini bar was stocked (although the prices were a bit… steep!). The blackout curtains were my best friend,
Boston Woburn's BEST Extended Stay Hotel: Unbeatable Rates & Perks!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup! We're going to Hanoi! And not just Hanoi, but The Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences! Get ready for a trip that’s less perfectly curated Instagram feed and more… well, ME. Let's be honest, my itineraries are usually scribbled on napkins at 3 AM fueled by instant coffee. Here we go…
Hanoi, Vietnam: A Chaotic Symphony (at The Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences, kinda fancy pants)
Pre-Trip: The Pre-Hanoi Humdrum
- Okay, so, booking. Nightmare. I'm convinced the internet actively tries to thwart me. Flights? Got 'em. Hanoi Club? Booked. (Fingers crossed they actually have the room. I swear, one time I arrived in Rome and my hotel was… A PARKING LOT. No joke).
- Packing: Ugh. I'm a chronic over-packer. My suitcase will look like I'm planning a fashion show and a survivalist expedition all rolled into one. I will bring too many shoes. It's a given. Also, a travel-sized bottle of wine, because priorities.
- Pre-trip Anxiety: Mild. Okay, maybe more like a low-grade panic. Am I forgetting something? Probably. Are my vaccinations up to date? (Checks notes… yep, I think so.) Did I remember to tell my cat, Mr. Whiskers, I'm leaving? (Probably not, he'll judge me for weeks.)
Day 1: Arrival - Sensory Overload (and a near-miss with a motorbike)
- Morning (Err, afternoon… jet lag is a beast): Landed in Hanoi. Airports? Always a chaotic ballet of weary travelers and over-enthusiastic taxi drivers. Successfully navigated the chaos, hailed a VERY enthusiastic taxi, and made my way to The Hanoi Club. It looked… fancy. Like, slightly out of my budget fancy. But hey, gotta treat myself. The lobby was all gleaming marble and polite smiles – which I promptly shattered by nearly tripping over a potted plant. Smooth.
- Settling In: The room is… nice. Really nice. Views? Check. Giant bed I'm pretty sure I could get lost in? Check. Bathroom with enough mirrors to give me a full-blown existential crisis? Also check! (I’m already thinking about how I’m going to mess it up with my mountain of clothes.)
- Afternoon: Forced myself to leave the luxury bubble of the hotel. Went for a “stroll” (aka panicked dash) in the Old Quarter. Holy. Mother. Of. Motorbikes. It's a river of metal and noise. I swear, they're psychic, these drivers. They just know when you're about to step into the street. I also nearly got taken out by a stray dog. I think the dog was judging me… like, seriously judging my "fashion sense" (aka, practical travel clothes).
- Evening: Found a pho place. I'd heard about pho. Now I understand pho. The broth was a revelation. The noodles were poetry. I ate it so fast I nearly choked (again, smooth). Sat by a lake afterwards and watched the sunset, feeling… overwhelmed. In a good way? Probably. Definitely full. And maybe a little bit in love with Hanoi.
Day 2: Culture Shock Part Deux - And the Best Coffee EVER
- Morning: Tried to embrace the chaos. Visited the Temple of Literature. It’s beautiful, historic, and filled with the intense quiet of a million tourists trying to be respectfully loud. Then, I wandered through the streets and watched the locals doing their morning routines. The smell? Amazing. The colors? Intense. The noise? Constant. The whole experience was like a vibrant, chaotic painting.
- Mid-Morning: The Coffee Apocalypse: THIS is the most important part. I went looking for coffee and found a ca phe trung place. It's egg coffee, people. Coffee mixed with a fluffy, sweet, eggy concoction. I wasn't sure what to expect. My expectations were… shattered. Completely and utterly. It’s liquid heaven. I could have drunk a gallon. I may have almost licked the cup clean, and no regrets. I’m still dreaming about it! That coffee place is going to be my mission, I’m going back tomorrow.
- Afternoon: Attempted to bargain at a street market. Failed. Miserably. Ended up paying twice what I should have for a silk scarf that I probably don’t need, but which is ridiculously pretty. This is me with haggling. I'm awful at it. I'm way too nice, and I'm pretty sure they can smell my desperation.
- Evening: Dinner and a water puppet show. The show was… interesting. I'm not sure I understood the entire plot, but the puppets were adorable, and the music was enchanting. Felt a little bit like I was watching a kid's play and I can’t lie, those puppets were great!
Day 3: A Day of Rambles and Regrets (and More Awesome Coffee)
- Morning: Another attempt at the Old Quarter. More motorbikes. More sensory overload. More… delicious ca phe trung! I'm starting to think my entire agenda is just fueled by the desire for this delicious coffee. I am ok with that.
- Mid-Morning: Walked around Hoan Kiem Lake. It was peaceful, but slightly undercut by the memory of the rogue dog from day one that appeared out of nowhere and nearly took me down.
- Afternoon: Found a tailor and had a dress made. I'm hoping it doesn't end up looking like a badly-made costume for a theatrical production! (Crossing my fingers… and my toes.)
- Evening: Realization: I've eaten almost all my meals in the Old Quarter. Maybe a little too much? Decided to branch out. Dinner at a slightly more upscale restaurant, which made me feel self-conscious (I probably looked like I'd just wrestled a motorbike, which I might as well have done). Ate some great food, then went back to my hotel room and collapsed.
Day 4: The Hanoi Shuffle (and Maybe a Breakdown)
- Morning: Woke up… feeling a bit flat. The jet lag is catching up. Seriously considered ordering room service and never leaving the hotel. (The temptation was STRONG.)
- Mid-Morning: Managed to force myself to go for a walk. Decided to visit the Hoa Lo Prison. It’s a sobering experience. The history is brutal, and it brought me down. I felt so incredibly grateful for my freedom.
- Afternoon: Tried to lift my spirits with some souvenir shopping. (More scarves? Why not!) Ended up buying a ridiculously ornate bamboo fan that I’ll probably never use. I think that’s what it’s like being a tourist.
- Evening: Dinner. Alone. In my room. A bit of a pity party vibe. I ate way too many peanut M&Ms. Watched a terrible movie on TV. Debated booking a flight home early. Then… remembered the egg coffee. And felt a little better.
Day 5: Departures (and Future Plans for Egg Coffee Domination)
- Morning: One last ca phe trung. Glorious. Pure joy. Said a silent prayer to the coffee gods for delivering that delicious potion.
- Packing (Round Two): Managed to cram everything back into the suitcase, mostly. Left a small mountain of clothes on the bed because I couldn’t be bothered.
- Departure: Taxi to the airport. Said goodbye to The Hanoi Club Hotel (and its fancy bathroom). Reflected on my trip. Hanoi? Chaotic. Beautiful. Overwhelming. A place that challenged me, frustrated me, and ultimately, charmed me. I’m already planning my return… for the coffee, mostly. And maybe, just maybe, to finally master bargaining and avoid being taken out by a stray dog.
- Final Thoughts: This wasn't a perfect trip. I ate too much. Bought too much. Got lost (repeatedly). Was overwhelmed at times. But it was mine. And that, I think, is what matters. And that coffee…? Seriously, I’m going to need a recipe. Or maybe a lifetime supply.
Post-Trip:
Reflections: I survived. I'm a better person. I will try not to go back to over-packing, but I know I'll fail. I'll tell everyone about that coffee.
And finally: I think I might have even gotten used to the motorbikes (a little).

Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences: FAQ - Because Let's Be Real
So, is the Hanoi Club actually a "hidden gem?" I mean, *really*?
The rooms... are they *actually* luxurious? Or Instagram-filtered luxurious?
What's the food situation like? Because a hotel can't be *all* about the room, right?
I'm worried about the location. Hanoi traffic is legendary. Are you, like, *trapped*?
Is it family-friendly? I'm traveling with kids.
What about the service? Do they actually provide good service?
Okay, so what was the *one* thing that really stood out? The truly unforgettable thing?
Any downsides? Be honest!


Post a Comment for "Hanoi's Hidden Gem: The Hanoi Club Hotel & Residences - Unforgettable Luxury"