
Escape to Paradise: Scott's Inn & Restaurant Awaits in Kamloops!
Escape to Paradise: Scott's Inn & Restaurant – Kamloops! Reality Check & Ramblings
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from "Escape to Paradise," aka Scott's Inn & Restaurant in Kamloops, BC, and I've got FEELINGS. This isn't some sanitized, corporate brochure, it’s the real deal, my friends. Prepare yourself for a rollercoaster of opinions, because honey, I'm not holding back.
First Impressions (and a little grumble):
Driving up? Hmm, okay, looks… adequate. Not quite the "paradise" my brain conjured. It's got that classic roadside motel vibe, slightly faded charm, but hey, you're in Kamloops, not the French Riviera. We're talking practical over glitz, right? RIGHT?
Accessibility - A mixed bag, honestly…
I really appreciated the effort made with the wheelchair accessibility. They have ramps and elevators, that was a big plus. However, inside feels like there are some minor gaps. Like, some of the hallways, while navigable, are a bit narrow. The accessible rooms? Okay, space is fine, but let's be honest, the grab rails in the bathroom felt a little… utilitarian. They ARE there, and they work, so points for that.
On-site Restaurants & Lounges: Fueling the Adventure (or Mild Disappointment)
The restaurant situation is where my emotions went on a roller-coaster. More on the restaurants later (trust me, you'll want the gossip), but the pool-side bar? Yes! Absolutely yes! It was a godsend after a long day. A place to relax, chill, watch the kids splash around and have a couple of beers (not at the same time). The overall vibe in the bar was relaxed, friendly. They were really trying to take pride in their cocktails and seemed to be taking their happy hour very seriously!
- SEO Nugget: They have a restaurant, a bar, and a pool side bar.
- Metadata:
Restaurants,Bar,Poolside bar
Rooms: Clean-ish… and the Wi-Fi
Okay, here's the thing: the room was… clean. I mean, I didn't find any rogue dust bunnies or anything alarming. The bed was comfy enough, I'll give them that. Now, the FREE Wi-Fi. Oh, honey, that's where things got a little… dicey. My connection in the room? Spotty at best. The brochure was pretty adamant! “Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms.” Lies! Or at least, highly optimistic lies. You're better off heading closer to the lobby area.
- SEO Nugget: Free Wi-Fi is a big draw for travelers.
- Metadata:
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!,Internet access – wireless,Internet access – LAN,Internet
Things to Do (and ways to relax): The Amenities Bonanza
This is where Scott's Inn tries to shine. They have a fitness center! Never really used it. Honestly, I got more exercise chasing the kids around the pool. They claim to have a spa, a sauna, and steam room. And if you want a pool with a view, well that's just great! They have a pool! I did not have time for a spa treatment but am glad that I went to the pool. Although, I must admit, a body scrub or body wrap would have been amazing right about now.
- SEO Nugget: Keywords like
Spa,Sauna,Swimming pool,Fitness centerensure search visibility. - Metadata:
Body scrub,Body wrap,Fitness center,Gym/fitness,Massage,Pool with view,Sauna,Spa,Spa/sauna,Steamroom,Swimming pool,Swimming pool [outdoor]
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitizing Situation… Feels like they made an effort…
Okay, COVID. Let's talk about it. They’re doing something. Masks were expected everywhere. Hand sanitizer was readily available. The staff looked genuinely trained in safety protocol.
- SEO Nugget: Highlighting
Cleanliness and safetyis vital in the current climate. - Metadata:
Anti-viral cleaning products,Cashless payment service,Daily disinfection in common areas,Hand sanitizer,Hot water linen and laundry washing,Hygiene certification,Individually-wrapped food options,Physical distancing of at least 1 meter,Professional-grade sanitizing services,Room sanitization opt-out available,Rooms sanitized between stays,Safe dining setup,Sanitized kitchen and tableware items,Staff trained in safety protocol,Sterilizing equipment
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: The Culinary Quagmire (and where my heart was broken!)
Alright, buckle up, because here’s where things get REAL. The buffet breakfast? Sigh. I'm a buffet person. I love a buffet. But this one was… well, picture the cafeteria food from your high school. The usual suspects, alright. The bacon was… okay. The coffee tasted like it'd been brewing since the Cretaceous period. Honestly, the best thing was the little packets of butter. They had Asian breakfast! I didn't try it, but I saw it!
- SEO Nugget: "Breakfast [buffet]" is a key phrase for many travelers.
- Metadata:
A la carte in restaurant,Alternative meal arrangement,Asian breakfast,Asian cuisine in restaurant,Bar,Bottle of water,Breakfast [buffet],Breakfast service,Buffet in restaurant,Coffee/tea in restaurant,Coffee shop,Desserts in restaurant,Happy hour,International cuisine in restaurant,Poolside bar,Restaurants,Room service [24-hour],Salad in restaurant,Snack bar,Soup in restaurant,Vegetarian restaurant,Western breakfast,Western cuisine in restaurant
Services and Conveniences: The Fine Print
They have all the basics: a front desk, daily housekeeping (thank goodness!), laundry service, and a convenience store. I appreciated the elevator, it felt like a bonus. There are business facilities, meeting features and event facilities. It’s all pretty standard.
- SEO Nugget: Focusing on convenience is a major selling point.
- Metadata:
Air conditioning in public area,Audio-visual equipment for special events,Business facilities,Cash withdrawal,Concierge,Contactless check-in/out,Convenience store,Currency exchange,Daily housekeeping,Doorman,Dry cleaning,Elevator,Essential condiments,Facilities for disabled guests,Food delivery,Gift/souvenir shop,Indoor venue for special events,Invoice provided,Ironing service,Laundry service,Luggage storage,Meeting/banquet facilities,Meetings,Meeting stationery,On-site event hosting,Outdoor venue for special events,Projector/LED display,Safety deposit boxes,Seminars,Shrine,Smoking area,Terrace,Wi-Fi for special events,Xerox/fax in business center
For the Kids: It’s Okay, I Guess
They’re family-friendly, that's for sure. There is a babysitting service! They have kids facilities! They also have kids meals!
- SEO Nugget:
Family/child friendlyis a crucial search term. - Metadata:
Babysitting service,Family/child friendly,Kids facilities,Kids meal
The Nitty-Gritty: Access, Security, and the "Feel"
They claim to have a 24-hour front desk, and it does seem true. You can check-in and out, there is car parking, and they have CCTV.
- SEO Nugget: Safety and security features are paramount.
- Metadata:
Access,CCTV in common areas,CCTV outside property,Check-in/out [express],Check-in/out [private],Couple's room,Exterior corridor,Fire extinguisher,Front desk [24-hour],Hotel chain,Non-smoking rooms,Safety/security feature,Security [24-hour],Smoke alarms,Soundproof rooms,Smoking area.
Getting Around: Easy Peasy (Thankfully!)
Free parking? Yes, please! They also offered airport transfer and taxi service.
- SEO Nugget: Convenient transportation options are important.
- Metadata:
Airport transfer,Bicycle parking,Car park [free of charge],Car park [on-site],Car power charging station,Taxi service,Valet parking
In-Room Amenities: The Details that Matter (and Don’t)
Air conditioning? Check! A mini-bar? Nope. A coffee-maker? Yeah, but see my comments on the breakfast coffee. They had bathrobes and slippers. A TV with satellite channels. It was all there, pretty much.
- SEO Nugget: Listing in-room

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your sterile, perfectly-organized travel itinerary. This is me, raw and unfiltered, spilling the beans (and maybe some gravy) on my recent "adventure" to Scott's Inn & Restaurant in Kamloops, BC. Consider this less a travel guide and more a therapy session with a side of poutine.
Day 1: The Great Kamloops Arrival & Almost-Disaster
- 1:00 PM - Arrival (Or, as I like to call it, "Operation Get-My-Butt-to-Kamloops-Without-Crashing-Into-a-Moose"). The drive from… well, let's just say "away"… was uneventful until the last hour. Suddenly, KAMLOOPS! And I'm thinking, "Scott's Inn, here I come, and hopefully, I won't need AAA."
- 1:30 PM - Check-in (The Battle of the Front Desk). Okay, the check-in was a bit… chaotic. There was a guy ahead of me who seemed convinced his room was haunted, and the woman at the desk, bless her heart, looked like she’d just survived a stampede of caffeinated toddlers. Finally, it was my turn, and I swear, I heard the receptionist mutter, "Another one…" under her breath. But hey, I got a key! And a room. Victory. (Though I'm still slightly worried about the ghosts.)
- 2:00 PM - Room Inspection & Immediate Regret (The Room of Truth). Okay, let's be honest, my room wasn't exactly the Ritz. But hey, clean sheets are clean sheets, right? …Right? The carpet had seen some things, the TV was older than my grandma, and the bathroom… well, let's just say I'm glad I packed the Lysol wipes. Still, I'm not bougie. I'm grateful for a place to crash after a long drive.
- 3:00 PM - The Search for Caffeine & the Case of the Vanishing Coffee Shop (The Caffeine Quest). Ah, yes. Coffee. My lifeblood. Google Maps promised a charming little coffee shop just down the street. Google Maps lied. I was wandering for 20 minutes. I'm pretty sure I saw a tumbleweed. Eventually, I gave up and settled for the instant coffee in my room. It was vile. Utterly, tragically vile.
- 4:00 PM - Early Dinner at Scott's Restaurant & a Floundering Start (First Impression). Okay, let's give Scott's itself a chance. I was hungry and ordered the fish and chips. The fish was tasty. But my fries? Soggy. Utterly, tragically soggy. I managed to flag down our waiter, who was very sweet but looked like he had run a marathon. Food aside, the decor was a bit… dated, but there was a certain charm to it. Sort of like your slightly eccentric aunt's house.
- 6:00 PM - Evening Stroll & the Discovery of the One Bar That's Open on a Sunday Afternoon (The Hidden Gem). I took a walk around town. The sun was setting, the air was crisp (typical Kamloops). At the end of my stroll, I located the only bar open on a Sunday afternoon. I had one beer and went back to my room, and that was enough.
Day 2: A Deep Dive into Scott's & a Quest for Redemption
- 7:00 AM - The Breakfast Debacle (Breakfast! It's the Most Important Meal… Or is It?) Coffee was already brewing… and it was still bad. Ugh, I was really hoping for a good breakfast at the restaurant this time. I ordered the eggs benedict. The hollandaise was… well, the best word I can use is “interesting.” Let's leave it at that.
- 8:00 AM - The Room Re-Evaluation & Realization (Letting Go). I took a good, long look around my room and decided to accept it for what it was. It wasn't the Four Seasons, but it was my temporary home. And hey, at least there wasn't a ghost. (…Yet.)
- 9:00 AM - Scott's Pool Time & the Questionable Jacuzzi (Poolside Peril). Okay, I'm not one for exercise, but the pool was calling. I went. It was clean. The jacuzzi? Well, it was bubbling. I got in. It was warm. I got out. I'm not sure I'll ever fully trust a jacuzzi. It's an experience.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at Scott's and a Change of Heart (The Unexpected Delight). I know, I know, I said the food wasn't great. But I decided to give the restaurant another chance. And you know what? The soup and sandwich were surprisingly good! I ate the whole thing. Maybe Scott's wasn't so bad after all.
- 2:00 PM - Exploring Kamloops & the Unexpected Beauty (The Unexpected Beauty). Okay, screw the itinerary. I decided to just drive. I drove around. I saw some gorgeous scenery – rolling hills, rugged mountains, the Thompson River. The town itself is quirky and charming. I was really beginning to appreciate the area.
- 5:00 PM - The Evening's Meal at Scott's, Third Time is the Charm (The Evening's Meal at Scott's, Third Time is the Charm). The evening meal at Scott's went much better this time. The service was great, and the meal was delicious. I started to feel that Scott's was a good place to stay.
- 7:00 PM - Final Observations & a Departure (The Verdict). The accommodations were pretty standard but the staff at Scott's were extremely helpful. It felt like staying at a family-run place. I definitely want to come back to Kamloops someday.
- 8:00 PM - Drive Back Home (The Epilogue). I'm home. My trip to Kamloops was fun. It was messy. It was human. And it gave me some stories to tell. I definitely want to come back to Kamloops someday.
Final Thoughts (aka, My Therapist's Bill)
Look, Scott's Inn isn't perfect. But it's got a certain… je ne sais quoi. Maybe it's the slightly dated decor, the occasional culinary misstep, or the fact that it feels like you're staying in someone's quirky, slightly worn-around-the-edges home. Whatever it is, it grew on me. And hey, that's what travel is all about, right? Embracing the chaos, finding the unexpected beauty, and coming home with a few good stories (and maybe a craving for slightly soggy fries). Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another coffee… or maybe just a nap. Peace out, Kamloops. You were… interesting.
Streetsboro's BEST Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review & Hidden Perks!
Escape to Paradise: Scott's Inn & Restaurant - Kamloops FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, You Probably Have Questions)
Okay, So... Is "Paradise" a Bit Much? Like, Is It Actually *Paradise*?
Alright, let's be honest, the "Paradise" thing is... ambitious. Look, it's Kamloops. It's not *Bali* paradise, or even Whistler paradise, okay? My first thought? "Huh, that's a bold claim."
BUT... here's the thing. We went last summer. And you know what? After a week of absolute chaos at home (kids, work, the whole nine yards), that pool felt pretty darn close. The air conditioning? A *godsend*. It's not perfect, you know? The hallways have that slightly-institutional-but-trying-to-be-cozy smell. And the decor? Well, let's just say it's got "charming" written all over it... in, like, three different fonts. But. And it's a big but (and I cannot lie), it was relaxing. Maybe "Escape to Pleasant" would be a better title but who am I to argue with a decades-old hotel marketing ploy?
What's the Restaurant Like? Food Good, Bad, or...Mediocre? Be Honest!
The restaurant! Oh, bless the restaurant. Okay, so it's not winning any Michelin stars. Don't go expecting haute cuisine. I went in with low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely above mediocre. Like, my expectations were subterranean, and Scott's Inn managed to dig me out.
We had the prime rib one night. And it wasn't *amazing*, but it also WASN'T rubbery and sad, which is what I expect nowadays. I mean, it was a perfectly respectable hunk of meat. Served with the obligatory sides I haven't touched since grade school. Okay, the mashed potatoes were a little... *beige*. But the service? Our server was a sweet, older lady named Carol. She was an absolute gem. She actually *checked* on us multiple times and seemed genuinely concerned we liked our meals. She even gave my kid a bag of cookies to go! She was basically the reason I'd go back. Carol, wherever you are, you need a raise. The food itself? Okay, I need to mention the breakfast buffet because it's an experience. The pancakes? A little dry. The bacon? Perfect. Perfectly greasy, just how I like it. It's definitely a choose-your-own-adventure kind of buffet.
The Pool! Is It Truly a Paradise-like Oasis, Or Just an Average Motel Pool?
THE POOL. Okay, back to the pool. It's got a waterslide, alright? A. Waterslide. That automatically elevates it above "average motel pool." My kids were in heaven. The water was warm, the sun was out, and for a precious hour or two, I didn't have to referee any arguments. Pure bliss. I even managed to read a whole chapter of my book. A WHOLE CHAPTER! That's practically a miracle.
Now, be warned. The pool deck is a prime real estate, gets VERY busy. The towels? Standard hotel towels. Expect them to be a little scratchy. And, you know, there might be a few rogue chicken nuggets floating by. But honestly? After a few days of driving and toddler meltdowns, even a slightly-chlorinated pool filled with questionable debris felt like a luxury. Plus, they had a hot tub, which is a must. So, is it an Oasis? No. But is it good? Yes. Is it *better* than being at home in all the everyday craziness? Absolutely.
What's the Deal With the Rooms? Clean? Comfy? Or Shabby Chic Gone Wrong?
The rooms. Ah, the rooms. They're... fine. I'm not going to lie, they're not going to make you spontaneously combust with delight. But they're clean. And that's the most important thing, right? Like, I walked in and didn't immediately want to wear shoes inside. That's a win.
The decor is kind of... dated. Think floral bedspreads and maybe some artwork that hasn't been updated since the 80s. But everything was in working order. The air conditioning blasted icy cold. The beds were comfy enough. I slept. I slept REALLY well. And after a while, you stop focusing on how the wallpaper might be peeling a *tiny* bit, and more on how you're finally away from the constant din of daily life, and for that, anything's paradise. I will say, bring your own pillow if you're a pillow snob. Okay. I'M a pillow snob, and for me, the pillows were a bit... flat. But I survived. And, for a couple of nights, that's all that matters.
Is it Kid-Friendly? Because My Kids Are Basically Walking Disasters.
Kid-friendly? Yes. Definitely. The waterslide alone is enough to secure its kid-friendly status. Plus, Kamloops is a pretty family-oriented town in general. The staff gets it. They've seen it all. Loud kids? Messy eaters? They're unfazed.
There are some basic amenities to keep the kids entertained, like a games room. It's a bit dated, okay, but who cares? My kids were happy! And they had a great time with the arcade games. We even discovered a new level of sibling bond. Plus, there's plenty of green space nearby. So, yeah. Scott's Inn? It's a win for the under-18 crowd. Just pack extra snacks. ALWAYS pack extra snacks. You'll need them.
What's the Overall Vibe? Is It Relaxing? Or More Rowdy?
The Overall Vibe: It depends on when you go, honestly. We went during the summer, and it was pretty lively. Families everywhere. Lots of pool noise. But not in a *bad* way. It was definitely a family-friendly scene. You're not going to find a quiet couples retreat here. It's for families and people passing through, and it owns that. And it does it well.
However, I did manage to snag a peaceful afternoon by the pool while the kids were glued to the TV. I definitely had a couple of peaceful drinks. Again, thanks to the air conditioning and the sheer joy of not having to wash dishes. So, yeah, relaxing-ish. Expect a bit of chaos mixed in. And embrace it. That's just life. It is what it is! And Scott's Inn embraces the mess. And so did I.
Is it Good Value for Money? Or are YouMountain Stay


Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Scott's Inn & Restaurant Awaits in Kamloops!"