Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Baan Soontree, Chiang Rai

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Baan Soontree, Chiang Rai

Escape to Paradise: Baan Soontree, Chiang Rai - More Than Just a Pretty Picture (Probably)

(SEO & Metadata: Baan Soontree Review, Chiang Rai Luxury, Accessible Hotels Thailand, Spa Chiang Rai, Pool with a View, Family Friendly Hotels, Baan Soontree Accessibility, Chiang Rai Hotel Review, Luxury Hotel Chiang Rai, Best Hotels Chiang Rai, Wheelchair Accessible Hotels Thailand)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a stay at Baan Soontree in Chiang Rai, and frankly, I’m still unpacking the experience. And by unpacking the experience, I mean sorting through the mountain of conflicting feelings I have. This place… it's a whole thing. Let's dive in, shall we? Prepare for some serious honesty.

First Impressions: The Good, the Great, and the "Wait, What?"

From the moment you arrive at Baan Soontree, it smacks you with "luxury." Gleaming surfaces, lush landscaping, and a genuine attempt at serenity. The lobby is all polished wood and hushed tones. Hush, they seem to whisper. You're finally on vacation.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag… Mostly Good

Okay, so, accessibility. This is a HUGE deal for various reasons. Baan Soontree says they cater to guests with disabilities, and I’d give them a solid "B+." The elevator is a lifesaver (essential, honestly). The rooms? Well, they have rooms labeled "accessible," and I peeked in one (sneaky, I know!). The doorways seemed wide enough for wheelchairs, and the bathrooms looked adapted. The devil, though, is in the details. I didn’t personally navigate the hotel with a wheelchair, but based on what I could see, while they have made an effort, it's not perfect. Things like uneven pavement outside, and the distance between the room and restaurants could be a challenge. But kudos for trying, seriously. Accessibility is a journey, not a destination, and Baan Soontree is on the right track.

On-Site Eats and Lounges: Food, Glorious Food… and Cocktails!

The restaurants! Whew. Okay, so, there’s the main restaurant with all the fanciness (and a spectacular view!) – which is where you’ll spend your precious time, because obviously that view is to die for… Literally. Especially at sunset. The a la carte menu offered a mix of Thai and international dishes. I had a Pad Thai that was… decent. Not the best I've had in Thailand, but certainly not terrible. The buffet breakfast, though? That’s where the magic happens or at least, the carbs. They offer the standard Asian/Western choices, from fresh fruit to pastries (and yes, bacon!). They even had a vegetarian restaurant option. My stomach is rumbling just remembering it all. The Poolside Bar is exactly what you think: cocktails, snacks, and a view of the pool. I indulged in a few too many Mojitos – honestly, they were good. Very good. Service was generally attentive, with staff quick to refill your bottle of water, or help with anything you needed. This is where the "Escape to Paradise" tagline starts to feel… real.

Things to Do (and, Let's Be Honest, Ways to Not Do Anything At All):

This is where Baan Soontree really shines. The spa is a MUST. I’m not kidding. I had a divine Thai massage. Seriously, if you have any knots or stress, they'll be a distant memory by the time you leave. And the pool with a view? Stunning. Absolutely stunning. You could easily spend a whole day there, basking in the sun and pretending you're a movie star. The Sauna, Spa/Sauna, Steamroom is a plus. Foot bath. It's all about relaxing and "detoxing". Want more activity? The Fitness center, Gym/fitness are there for you to enjoy.

The Room: Sanctuary or… Where's the Iron?

They have Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, An alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, A Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, A closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, A desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and Window that opens. My room was generally lovely. The bed was huge and comfortable, the air conditioning worked like a charm, and the view from my balcony was gorgeous. However, my room specifically lacked one thing: an iron. I had to call down to get it, and honestly, I felt a little… judged for it. “You want to iron? Really?” the concierge seemed to say. And even though I had ironing service available, it's nice to iron your own clothes. But overall Room decorations were pretty.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, But Not Completely Alright, so, let's be frank. Rooms sanitized between stays?. I did appreciate seeing the efforts. The staff were always masked, and there were hand sanitizers everywhere. However, the whole vibe felt a little clinical. Like, is this escape, or are we living through the end of the world? I was also a little taken aback by the lack of real ventilation. It would be an improvement if they had the windows open, but given the size of the window, that isn’t feasible. And on the topic of smoke alarms, all was well.

The Extras and Oddities:

  • They have a Cashless payment service, which I liked.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas – definitely appreciated, but also a constant reminder of… well, you know.
  • Breakfast in room. This is great though.
  • They offer Baby sitting, kids facilities, and kids meal. Good hotel choice for Families.
  • Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site] are a great plus.
  • There's a gift shop. And a shrine. Yes, a shrine. See? "A whole thing."
  • I loved the Poolside bar.
  • The Breakfast [buffet].

The Verdict: Paradise with a Few Minor Bumps

Baan Soontree is a beautiful hotel. The location is fantastic, the views are breathtaking, and the spa is truly sublime. However, it’s not perfect. The accessibility could be improved. There's a slight feeling of… manufactured perfection. Some things, especially related to the pandemic, felt a little too clinical. But, overall, if you're looking for a luxurious escape to Chiang Rai, Baan Soontree is a solid choice. Just go with an open mind, a sense of humor, and maybe your own iron. And try that Mojito. Trust me. Overall rating 4/5 stars

Emporia, VA Getaway: Unbeatable Days Inn Deals Await!

Book Now

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your average, sterile travel itinerary. This is me getting lost, found, and mildly sunburnt (fingers crossed!) in Chiang Rai, Thailand. And we’re starting… at the exquisitely named Baan Soontree Hotel. Let's get this chaotic adventure rolling!

Baan Soontree Hotel, Chiang Rai - Operation: Bliss & Mild Chaos (Probably)

Day 1: Arrival & the Great Mosquito Massacre (and Maybe Some Bliss?)

  • 14:00 - Arrival! – Ugh, the flight. Let's just say my carry-on seems to have developed a grudge against me, and my attempts at in-flight meditation devolved into a near-snoring competition with the guy in 34B. But… Baan Soontree! The pictures online promised a tranquil oasis, and honestly? So far, so good. Bamboo, lush greenery… this place smells like actual peace, not just the desperate, chemically-enhanced kind you get in airports. The check-in was smooth, though I may have slightly mispronounced my name (again).
  • 14:30 - The Room Revelation & the Mosquito Offensive: My room is… charming. Think elegant simplicity meets 'I-need-a-mosquito-net-or-I-will-be-eaten-alive'. They’re crafty devils, those mosquitos. One already buzzed past my ear with a brazen confidence that made me deeply question my life choices. I’m starting a mosquito death toll chart immediately, with the first entry titled "The Arrival Massacre." My emotional response? Mild panic. Okay, maybe a little more than mild.
  • 15:00 - First Stray Cat Sighting & Immediate Love: Okay, I admit it. I'm a sucker for stray cats (and pretty much any animal I meet). There's one, a mottled tabby, gracefully strolling across the lawn. My heart swelled. I'll probably spend the rest of the trip trying to befriend it and silently judging anyone who dares to be unkind.
  • 15:30 - Poolside Perusal & Existential Dread: Took a dip in the pool. Delicious. The water's the perfect temperature, and the sun is… well, it’s doing its sun thing. Reading my book (a trashy romance, naturally) and contemplating the meaning of life. Probably should have splurged on a better sunscreen, though. Beginning to feel like a slow-roasted lobster.
  • 19:00 - Dinner at the Hotel Restaurant - Expectations vs. Reality (and the Mystery of the Missing Papaya Salad): The hotel restaurant! High hopes! Beautiful setting, soft lighting, I ordered the Papaya Salad, green curry, and a Singha. The papaya salad, however, never materialized. I suspect it was kidnapped. Vowed to find it, or at least get to the bottom of this culinary conspiracy. The green curry was great. The Singha was cold. All is forgiven.
  • 20:30 - Mosquito Battle Plan Implementation & Early Retirement: Back to the room. The mosquito death toll remains stubbornly low, much to my chagrin. Started wearing long sleeves and pants like a total dork. Considering ear plugs. Reading my book again. Actually going to bed early tonight. It's a marathon, not a sprint, right?

Day 2: Temples, Tea, and the Temptation of the Tuk-Tuk

  • 08:00 - Breakfast Bliss (or Lack Thereof): The complimentary breakfast promised fruits and more. It delivered. A generous spread…that made me feel like I should attempt to fit everything into my stomach. Managed to have a delicious mango and a quick glance at the other guests before deciding to eat my breakfast in peace and quiet.
  • 09:00 - Temple Trekking - The White Temple (Wat Rong Khun): Now this is something. The White Temple is… well, it’s bonkers, in the best possible way. It’s a visual feast of the surreal, the fantastical, and the downright bizarre. The long line to actually get in tested my patience, but the temple itself was worth it. Take a moment to just look at it. And appreciate the artistic brilliance.
  • 11:00 - Quick visit to the Black House (Baan Dam Museum): Now, this is a contrast. The Black House is… uh… definitely not white. It's dark, somber, and filled with… well, let's just say "interesting" art. It's an experience, to be sure. I appreciate the art, but honestly, it was a slightly overwhelming experience.
  • 13:00 - Lunch at a Roadside Stall - The Delicious Dilemma: Found a roadside stall that served up the most amazing Pad Thai. The perfect food for people who have trouble maintaining their balance on uneven surfaces. My stomach is happy. My diet is sad. Delicious dilemma, indeed.
  • 14:00 - Tea Time in the Tea Plantations – The Emotional Journey of Leaves: Headed into the tea plantations. The air is crisp, the hills are rolling, and the tea… the tea is divine. Sipping tea, staring out at the scenery, felt like I was walking on water. I may or may not have shed a single, sentimental tear. And got a terrible sunburn.
  • 18:00 - Tuk-Tuk Temptation & Failed Negotiation: I'm an idiot, I know. The tuk-tuks call to me from the streets. I try and haggle, inevitably fail, and still have a blast. The wind in my hair, the adrenaline rush - it was a truly chaotic, yet wonderful experience. The driver had the most amazing sense of humor.
  • 19:30 - Dinner at a Local Restaurant - The Unexpected Chili Explosion: Decided to go local. Ordered something that looked relatively harmless, but contained a sneaky chili pepper. My mouth is on fire. Tears are welling. Send help (and maybe some milk).
  • 21:00 - Post-Chili Recovery & Reflection: Finally, managed to put out the fire. Watched the local news from my hotel room. The news, of course, was in Thai, and I only understood about 1 word in 100. It seemed to include elephants and, I think, a weather report. Contemplating taking a vow of chilliness.

Day 3: Exploring, Souvenirs, and the Inevitable Case of the Post-Trip Blues

  • 09:00 - Last Breakfast: The same wonderful breakfast buffet, but savored with extra care. A bit sad this is the last morning.
  • 10:00 - Exploring the Market: Went to the local markets to pick up souvenirs. The air is humming with the sounds of trade. The smells, the colors… Sensory overload! Negotiating is a skill I'm still working on. I managed to pick up a few interesting trinkets (and maybe a slightly dubious Buddha statue).
  • 13:00 - Farewell Lunch: Lunch at a restaurant serving traditional northern Thai dishes. Enjoying the meal.
  • 14:00 - Packing and Reflecting: Time to pack. This whole trip has been an awesome experience. I wouldn't trade it for the world. A lot of fun, and that's all that matters. It's all the little moments that make these trips so special.
  • 16:00 - Departure: Farewell, Chiang Rai! I'll miss you, your temples, your tea, your food (and the occasional chili-induced pain), and the friendliest people on Earth. Maybe I'll be back one day… until then, it's back to reality. And back to planning my next adventure.

So, there you have it. My version of a Chiang Rai experience at Baan Soontree. It's not perfect, it's not always graceful, and it's definitely not mosquito-proof. But it's mine. And it was utterly, wonderfully, chaotic fun.

Huai'an's BEST Hotel Deal? Jinjiang Inn Wanda Plaza Review!

Book Now

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand```html

Okay, so "Escape to Paradise"... Baan Soontree. Is it REALLY paradise, or just another Instagram filter lie? Because, let's be honest, I've been burned before.

Alright, deep breaths. Paradise? Look, no place is *perfect*. But Baan Soontree... it comes *damn* close. Think less "Instagram filter" and more "that feeling you get after a REALLY good yoga class... but with better cocktails." I went expecting… well, I went expecting the usual polished resort. You know, the kind where everything’s pristine to the point of feeling sterile. Nope. This place has SOUL. It's got a lived-in, loved-in feel. Yeah, maybe a few ants here and there (welcome to the tropics!), but the charm? Off the charts.

The villas look AMAZING in the photos. Like, magazine-cover amazing. Is it all just photoshopped wizardry? And what about the privacy, because, you know, I hate being watched while I'm trying to eat papaya.

Okay, spill the tea. The villas? Yeah, the photos don't lie. *Mostly.* They're gorgeous. But the reality is... even BETTER. Like, you walk in and your jaw *actually* drops. I swear, I spent the first hour just wandering around, touching things, muttering "wow" under my breath. I had the "Forest Villa" and it felt like I was IN the jungle. Pure peace. And the privacy? Top notch. You're basically in your own little world. Which is crucial because, yes, I too hate being stared at while wrestling with a rogue papaya. Total bliss. Seriously, the only people who saw me in my pajamas were the staff, who were charming and ridiculously discreet.

Food! Tell me about the food. Because if it’s generic buffet slop, I'm going to riot.

Okay, buckle up foodies. The food... OH. MY. GOD. Forget your boring buffets. This is where Baan Soontree *truly* shines. The breakfast alone is worth the trip. Fresh fruit that actually tastes like *fruit* (a revelation!), perfectly cooked eggs (however you want 'em), and the *best* damn coffee I had in Thailand. Seriously, I was dreaming about that coffee. And dinner? Forget about it. Authentic Thai cuisine, bursting with flavour. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. One night, I had the Massaman curry. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best curry *of my life*. It made me want to cry (in a good way). The chef, bless her heart, clearly understands the meaning of delicious. Now, there *was* one slight hiccup... I asked for extra chili one night, and I *maaaaay* have overdone it. My face was red, my eyes were watering, and I definitely needed three glasses of water. But hey, lesson learned. The food? Absolutely outstanding.

What’s there to *do* besides eating and lounging? I need a little structure (or at least the illusion of it). And don't say "spa" unless the spa is actually good.

Okay, okay, I hear you. Lazing around *all* day can get... well, boring. Surprisingly. (Says the person who *planned* to do just that). The spa IS good, by the way. Really good. Trust me, I'm a spa snob. Fantastic massages. But aside from that, there are options! They offer cooking classes (which I, sadly, skipped because I was too busy eating the results!), yoga, and even visits to local temples and tea plantations. I did the tea plantation thing. It was… okay. Pretty, but honestly, I'm more of a coffee person. The best thing I did, though? I explored the local area on a scooter. It was a little terrifying at first (traffic in Thailand is… an experience), but once I got the hang of it, it was exhilarating. I felt so free, zooming past rice paddies and villages. Just be careful, okay? Wear a helmet. And maybe don't attempt to ride it after a particularly potent cocktail. (Not speaking from experience... mostly).

The staff... what are they like? Because rude staff can ruin even the best vacation. I'm looking at *you*, that hotel in Rome...

The staff? Absolutely delightful. Warm, friendly, and genuinely helpful. You know how sometimes you get that "forced smile" vibe from hotel staff? Nope. These people are the real deal. They remembered my name (which is impressive, because I’m terrible at remembering theirs), and they went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. I had a minor issue with the AC in my villa (it was a little too cold, to be honest - I’m a wimp when it comes to that stuff), I mentioned it, and it was fixed IMMEDIATELY. They just *get* hospitality. They're the reason I'm already planning my return. Honestly, those people are saints. They even dealt with my atrocious attempt at speaking Thai without laughing (too much). Bless them.

Okay, so spill the tea. Anything... *wrong*? Because nothing's perfect, right? And I need to know the truth.

Alright, here's the dirt. (Because, yes, even paradise has its tiny imperfections.) Honestly, it was really, really minor stuff. The internet… could be a bit patchy in the furthest reaches of the villa. But hey, disconnect! Embrace the digital detox! (That’s what YOU should tell yourself, at least). The pool? GORGEOUS. But it MIGHT get a LITTLE crowded at peak times. (But there's also like 7 infinity pools? Just a tiny thing). And the biggest “problem”? Leaving. Seriously. Leaving was torture. I’m still emotionally processing it. I wanted to just… stay. Forever. So, yeah, that's the "bad" stuff. Tiny things. Minor quibbles. Overall? I'd go back in a heartbeat. Book it. Seriously. Just book it. BEFORE I do and then it’s sold out.

Is it family-friendly? Because my kids are adorable... most of the time.

Hmm. Family-friendliness. Now this is a tricky one. I didn't see a TON of kids when I was there but I *think* they'd be welcome? The big villas seemed like they'd lend themselves to a family holiday, and the staff are definitely kind and welcoming. There's a nice pool, and all the usual fun activities. So yes, probably. But… I'm more of an "adults only" type myself. (Sorry, kids!). I think it really depends on what your family is after. If you want peace, quiet, and a total recharge, maybe consider it more of a romantic escape? But if you travel with the whole crew thenScenic Stays

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Baan Soontree Hotel Chiang Rai Thailand

Post a Comment for "Escape to Paradise: Unforgettable Luxury at Baan Soontree, Chiang Rai"