
Aston Hill Motor Lodge: Your Port Macquarie Paradise Awaits!
Aston Hill Motor Lodge: My Port Macquarie Paradise… Almost! (A Surprisingly Honest Review)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea – or maybe the flat white, depending on how my caffeine levels are faring – on Aston Hill Motor Lodge. They're selling this place as a Port Macquarie paradise, and while it's got its moments, let's just say my expectations and reality tangoed a few times.
SEO & Metadata Snippet (because let's be real, we all need to be found):
- Title: Aston Hill Motor Lodge Review: Port Macquarie Paradise? A Whirlwind of Wi-Fi, Wellness &… Quirks!
- Keywords: Aston Hill Motor Lodge, Port Macquarie, Accommodation, Review, Spa, Pool, Accessibility, Family Friendly, Wi-Fi, Restaurant, Cleanliness, Safety, Amenities, Best Hotels Port Macquarie, Australian Travel.
- Meta Description: A brutally honest review of Aston Hill Motor Lodge in Port Macquarie! Discover the good (the glorious pool views!), the not-so-good (the slightly-iffy internet!), and everything in between. Accessibility, dining, and family fun explored!
Alright, let's dive in…
First Impressions & Getting Around (The Grunt Work):
The drive in was lovely, the scenery leading to Port Macquarie is something else, seriously breathtaking. The car park [free of charge] was a massive plus – no faffing about with meters is a win in my book. And the car park [on-site] meant I could unload my luggage without resembling a pack mule. Airport transfer is available, though I drove myself, so can't comment on the service, but nice to know it's an option.
Accessibility: Now, I didn't need any specific accessible features, but I did poke around a bit. They have "Facilities for disabled guests", which is a good start, and the elevator is a welcome sight for anyone with luggage (or, let's face it, laziness). The exterior corridor design made navigating the property easy.
The Room: My Little Haven (Mostly)
Okay, let's talk room. I had a non-smoking room, which is a MUST for me. They have "Non-smoking rooms" throughout, which is a decent start. On the inside, the room, well, let's start with the good: the air conditioning blasted like a dream, crucial for those scorching Aussie days. Also, Complimentary tea and coffee/tea maker immediately earns bonus points— essential for my sanity in the morning. The bed, was comfy, not the cloud nine, but almost. Bathrobes were there! Slippers! A touch of luxury I loved.
Right, here's where things get a little less rosy. The Wi-Fi [free], bless its cotton socks, wasn't always the most stable. I'm talking buffering videos and dropped Zoom calls. Okay, it wasn't catastrophic, and I could check my emails, but if you're planning on doing serious online work, maybe bring a backup. Internet access – wireless worked okay, and they have Internet access – LAN too, but who the hell still uses LAN cables? Also, I did notice some slight wear and tear with some of the furniture. Little scrapes, and nothing major but.
Cleanliness & Safety: Feeling Secure (And Sanitized!)
I felt really safe at Aston Hill, and let me tell you, after the last couple of years, that's huge. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property gave me peace of mind. Also of note, they have fire extinguisher, smoke alarms, smoke detector, safety/security feature. The staff are trained in safety protocol, and the whole place smells squeaky clean. They are using Anti-viral cleaning products, and everything is sanitized and I even saw a staff person sterilizing equipment. I really appreciated all the extra care they took to keep things spotlessly clean. They have lots of measures, like Hand sanitizer everywhere, which is a lovely touch. Rooms sanitized between stays Daily disinfection in common areas gives me peace of mind.
Dining, Sipping & Snacking: Food Glorious Food!
The restaurants: I can happily report… it was not terrible.
- Breakfast [buffet]: The buffet was the one true highlight.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Great coffee, but I would have preferred a faster service
- Lunch/Dinner: There were many options for meals A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, I can't say enough about the glorious buffet breakfast. The fruits were fresh, the pastries were perfection, and the eggs were cooked perfectly. It was quite the start to my day. The bar!, pool-side as it was, was a great addition for Happy hour. Room service [24-hour] - was a lifesaver more than once.
Ways to Relax, & Things to Do: Blissful Indulgence (And Maybe a Bit of Fitness)
Okay, this is where Aston Hill really shines! The Swimming pool [outdoor]? Stunning. The Pool with view? Even better. The Spa? Oh, yes. I spent a good chunk of my time lounging by the pool, soaking up the sun, and generally feeling like a pampered queen. The sun sets in the evenings were the real show. The Gym/fitness: not my thing, but I did check it out. Looked well-equipped if you're into pounding the treadmill. They had a Sauna which I did not try. They have some treatments like a Body wrap or Massage too.
Services & Conveniences: Everything You Needed (and Then Some)
The 24-hour front desk was super helpful, especially when I needed to check out late. They also have Luggage storage, Laundry service, Dry cleaning. They have a Concierge and they do Contactless check-in/out, which is helpful.
For the Kids/Family/Etc.
I did not have the kids, but I noticed Family/child friendly is something they promote. They have Babysitting service.
The Quirks & Imperfections (Because Let's Be Real):
Look, no place is perfect. Here's a few little things:
- The Wi-Fi, as I said, could be a bit temperamental.
- Sometimes the lift takes a while.
- I swear, one day I vaguely heard a dog barking. Is it a Pets allowed place? Or was I hallucinating from too much sun? (Update as the review went live: They do not allow pets)
Final Verdict: Would I Go Back? (Probably!)
Despite a few minor hiccups, I had a fantastic stay at Aston Hill Motor Lodge. The pool alone is worth the price of admission! The staff were lovely, the breakfast was a dream, and the overall vibe was relaxing and restorative. Highly recommend!
P.S. Don't forget your sunscreen! You'll need it.
Unbelievable Wanda Vista Hotel Urumqi: Luxury You Won't Believe Exists!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your meticulously planned, perfectly-packaged itinerary. This is Aston Hill Motor Lodge: Chaos Edition. And trust me, chaos usually leads to the best stories.
Day 1: The Great Arrival (and the Immediate Regret)
- 10:00 AM: Landed in Port Macquarie. Well, technically, stumbled out of the plane after the screaming toddler behind me successfully utilized my head as a headrest for the last hour. First impressions? Smells like… eucalyptus and the faint despair of air travel.
- 10:30 AM: Found the rental car. "Found" being a generous term. It was hiding behind a surprisingly aggressive flock of ibis. (They look harmless, but I swear they plot). This little Mazda is going to be our chariot of adventure. Or, you know, a slow-moving beige death trap.
- 11:30 AM: Checked into Aston Hill Motor Lodge. The receptionist, bless her heart, gave off a “seen-it-all” vibe, which is probably a good thing considering the clientele. Room is… let's call it "rustic." Think vintage 70s decor mixed with a vaguely suspicious stain on the carpet. But hey, it has air conditioning! And a view of the… well, the carpark. Close enough to nature, right?
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a local cafe. Ordered a "fish and chips." Said the fish was caught that morning. I would not dare to say anything about the flavor. I think I'm still recovering from the plane ride.
- 1:00 PM: Head to the beach. The Pacific Ocean. Gorgeous. Absolutely breathtaking. I just spent the whole time trying to work out what's wrong with my soul.
- 3:00 PM: The Great Coastal Walk. Turns out, it's not so great for a beginner. The "easy" section nearly killed me. I now understand why kangaroos have such impressive calves. I can't feel my legs. Halfway in I started thinking about giving up and finding a cute little cafe. But eventually the scenery… was pretty amazing. I started to feel okay again.
- 5:00 PM: Back to the hotel. The car park is now mostly empty. I'm pretty sure the ibis have moved on to more promising venues.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at a… well… "local" Italian restaurant. Let's just say the marinara sauce tasted suspiciously like ketchup and despair. But hey, at least there was wine. A lot of wine.
Day 2: Koalas, Regrets, and a Near Disaster
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The "complimentary" breakfast at Aston Hill is… let's be diplomatic and call it "basic." Think lukewarm coffee and toast that could double as a weapon.
- 10:00 AM: Koala Hospital! Seriously, this place is a must-see. Seeing all this cute koalas, cuddled up, with all their problems really melted my heart. These fuzzy little eucalyptus addicts. They're just too darn cute.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at a… let's call it "casual". Food was fine. But I ordered a coffee and it tasted like battery acid.
- 1:00 PM: Time for a stroll along the beach. I was so relaxed that I almost stepped on a baby crab. But I managed.
- 3:00 PM: The "near disaster" of the day. I tried to drive to a lookout. I was clearly distracted by a flock of pink cockatoos. I took a wrong turn. Ended up on some remote dirt road. The car got stuck. In mud. Did I mention that it started raining? Yeah. Let's just say I spent a good hour and a half sweating and swearing, with the help of a very kind local farmer named Kevin who eventually pulled me out with his tractor. I owe that man a lifetime supply of beer.
- 5:30 PM: Back at Aston Hill, covered in mud. Decided to just embrace the filth. Went for a swim in the pool. It was the cleanest thing I'd touched all day.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Pizza. Because nothing makes you feel better after a near-death experience than a greasy, cheesy pizza. Ate it while watching the sunset that was beautiful.
Day 3: The Art of Doing Absolutely Nothing (and Loving It)
- 9:00 AM: Slept in. Bliss. The kind of sleep that only comes after a day of near-disasters and questionable meals.
- 10:00 AM: Breakfast at a cafe. I now know where all the good coffee is.
- 11:00 AM: Found a little bench overlooking the Hastings River. Sat there. Read a book. Did absolutely nothing. It was glorious. Needed it.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at a place I think was called "The Fish Shed". The guy behind the counter looked at me like he'd seen a ghost. The fish was good though.
- 3:00 PM: One more visit to the beach. I was pretty good at just thinking about nothing at this point.
- 5:00 PM: Packed my bag. Said goodbye to the ibis.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. A nice, quiet meal. Looking back at the last few days… I laughed. Port Macquarie, Australia, you were messy, weird, sometimes infuriating, and occasionally downright terrifying. But honestly? I loved every messy, imperfect, hilarious second of it. The memories… they're the best souvenirs of all.
So, there you have it. The Aston Hill Motor Lodge experience, unfiltered. It wasn't perfect. It wasn't even particularly well-planned. But it was real. And that's what makes a great adventure, right? Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another coffee. And maybe a therapist.
Disclaimer: Your mileage may vary. Aston Hill experiences are unpredictable. May contain excessive amounts of caffeine, questionable cuisine, and existential crises.
Austin Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8 by Wyndham!
Aston Hill Motor Lodge: The Truth (and a Few Rambles) About Your Potential Port Macquarie Escape!
Okay, spill. Is Aston Hill Motor Lodge ACTUALLY good? Or is it just… a motel?
Alright, alright. Let’s be real. It *is* a motel. But… (and this is a big BUT), it has its charm. Look, expecting five-star luxury is just setting yourself up for disappointment. Think of it more like a comfortable, clean basecamp for exploring Port Macquarie. A place where you can dump your sandy beach gear, grab a beer from the fridge, and collapse after a day of, you know, *living life*. My first trip? We were on a budget, and needed a place to crash after a HUGE seafood feast. We were tired, sunburnt, and smelling faintly of the ocean. Aston Hill was *perfect*. Practical, you know?
What are the rooms like? Are they… cleanish?
"Cleanish" is a brilliant descriptor! I wouldn't say they're sterile, operating-room clean. But they're definitely clean enough that you aren't reaching for your Hazmat suit. I will say this: I'm a bit of a germaphobe (don't judge!), and I felt comfortable enough. The linen was crisp, the bathrooms seemed recently scrubbed, and there weren't any… unwelcome guests (you know, spiders the size of your face). My only real nitpick? The occasional slight musty smell. Opening the window for a bit usually did the trick. (And remember your own air freshener if you are very picky.) One time, the air-conditioner was a bit feeble and I felt like I was melting. I complained, and to their credit, they fixed it quickly.
Is there a pool? (Because, priorities.)
Yes! There is a pool! And it’s… fine. Okay, let's be brutally honest. It's not some infinity pool overlooking the ocean. It’s a motel pool. But, after a hot day, it's wonderfully refreshing. And there's usually a few sun loungers to sprawl out on. I distinctly remember one trip, after driving for hours and hours in the insane summer heat, diving straight into that pool. Pure bliss! The kids were ecstatic, and it took the edge off everything.
What about breakfast? (Because, also priorities.)
They usually offer a basic continental breakfast. Think toast, cereal, juice, and maybe some fruit. Don't expect a gourmet experience. I usually skipped it and headed into town for something a bit heartier. My recommendation? Head down to Hastings Street and grab a takeaway bacon and egg roll. You'll be happy you did. Once, the toaster *exploded*. Seriously. I mean, it was a total fire hazard! The staff seemed unfazed, which was either impressive or concerning. I opted for concerning, went to the shop and made toast in my room instead.
Is it close to the beach? Because that's kinda the *whole point* of Port Macquarie.
It's not *right* on the beachfront, no. But it's a short drive to several lovely beaches. I'd say a five-minute drive to Lighthouse Beach, which is stunning. And hey, the drive is part of the experience, right? Port Macquarie is all about exploring. Plus, it’s a bit cheaper than staying right on the water (which, let's face it, is a huge consideration for most of us). One time, we got a little lost, driving around looking for the beach, the kids were screaming and I was snapping (the heat, you know!). Finally found the beach at sunset. It was magic though, and made all the drama worth it.
What's the deal with the parking? Is it a nightmare?
Nope. Parking is usually pretty straightforward. There's ample parking right outside the rooms, which is super convenient for unloading luggage. No circling around for 20 minutes, praying for a spot. I've got a terrible habit of over packing, so this is a high priority for me.
Are there any downsides? Spit it out.
Okay, here’s the downside. First, noise can be an issue. Motels, by their nature, are not exactly soundproof havens. You might hear the occasional slamming door, the excited squeals of children in the pool, or the rumble of cars on the road. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper! Secondly, the decor isn't exactly "designer chic". It's functional. But, you know, you are not there to admire the wallpaper (hopefully!). Lastly, the in-room internet can be a bit patchy. However, you are on holidays, so put the phone down, right? Oh, and one more thing: There was that one time… Okay, I have to tell you this story. We were on a family vacation, and my son, bless him, decided to "decorate" our bathroom with an entire roll of toilet paper. Yes, the whole roll. The bathroom looked like a fluffy, white explosion. The staff were very understanding, which I appreciated immensely, as I was mortified. That memory kind of sticks with me, you know? It brings back the frantic mess and shame, mostly on my part.
Would you recommend it? Be honest!
Look, if you're after affordable, clean, and comfortable accommodation in a great location, then yes, absolutely! Aston Hill Motor Lodge is a solid choice. It's not perfect, but it’s reliable. It’s got a certain… classic motel vibe that can be quite endearing. And, let’s be honest, that’s not a bad thing. I’ve stayed there multiple times, and I’d go back again. It's a place to rest your head after a day of exploring all that Port Macquarie has to offer. Plus, it’s got a certain charm. It's not the Ritz, but it's real. And sometimes, real is exactly what you need.


Post a Comment for "Aston Hill Motor Lodge: Your Port Macquarie Paradise Awaits!"