Shenyang's BEST Hotel? Ramada Plaza Citycenter Review!

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Shenyang's BEST Hotel? Ramada Plaza Citycenter Review!

Ramada Plaza Citycenter, Shenyang: A Chaotic, Yet Charming, Dive

Alright, buckle up folks, because I'm about to unleash my unfiltered experience at the Ramada Plaza Citycenter in Shenyang. Forget polished travel blog prose; this is the real, slightly messy, and utterly honest truth. And let me tell you, this place is… an experience.

(SEO & Metadata Snippet - because, you know, gotta play the game…): Ramada Plaza Citycenter Shenyang Review - Accessibility, Dining, Spa, & More! A detailed review of the Ramada in Shenyang encompassing accessibility, on-site amenities, dining options, and overall experience. Features include free Wi-Fi, pool, fitness center, and a look at cleanliness and service. #ShenyangHotel #RamadaPlaza #ChinaTravel #HotelReviews #Accessibility #SpaHotel #FreeWiFi

First Impressions & the Lobby Shuffle:

The first thing that hits you? The sheer scale. This place is massive. Trying to navigate the lobby felt like traversing a small country. Finding the check-in desk? A quest. And the elevator situation… don't even get me started. They have elevators, sure, but finding one that wasn't already crammed with luggage carts or a gaggle of chattering tourists was a competitive sport. (Maybe they offer a gold star to the fastest elevator-getter?)

Accessibility - A Mixed Bag (And I'm Being Kind):

Okay, let's talk accessibility. The Ramada claims to have facilities for disabled guests. And they technically do. The elevators are accessible, eventually. But I'm not entirely sure about the execution. I didn't personally need full accessibility, but I did notice some questionable design choices. For instance, the ramps seemed a bit… steep in certain areas. This could be a problem for someone using a wheelchair. (Accessibility, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests)

The Room – My Personal Fortress (Mostly):

Once I finally made it to my room (after a mini-marathon of elevator hunting), things improved. The room itself was surprisingly spacious. I mean, massive. (I could probably have held a small rave in there.) (Available in all rooms: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens). The bed was gigantic and delightfully comfortable. The blackout curtains? A lifesaver, especially after dealing with the jet lag and lobby chaos. The free Wi-Fi, bless its little digital heart, worked flawlessly (a small victory!). The little things like the free bottled water were nice, and let's be real, I love a good bathrobe.

But… there were also a few quirks. The lighting felt like it was designed for a disco (perhaps to make the room feel bigger?). The bathroom had a bathtub, which I appreciated, and a separate shower, also appreciated. But the telephone in the bathroom? Seriously?! Who are you supposed to call from there?! (My imaginary therapist, apparently, after the elevator experience.)

Cleanliness & Safety – Did They Survive the Global Pandemic?

This is where the Ramada really shines, and yes, I'm being sincere. The room was spotless. Seriously, sparkling. (Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hot water linen and laundry washing, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment) Hand sanitizer was everywhere. The staff seemed genuinely committed to hygiene protocols, and that's a huge comfort, especially after… well, you know. The fact that they offered room sanitization opt-out? Smart. Very smart. I wouldn't have taken it.

Eating, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly):

The Ramada offered a smorgasbord of dining options, ranging from the standard buffet to a more a la carte restaurant. (Dining, drinking, and snacking: A la carte in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Bar, Bottle of water, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, Happy hour, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant) The breakfast buffet – a glorious, chaotic mess of Western and Asian options – was a sight to behold. (I may or may not have eaten my weight in pastries.) The coffee? Standard hotel coffee, which is to say, not great. But the selection was impressive. I was a big fan of their soup station!

One minor gripe: the signage could be better. I wandered around for a good ten minutes trying to find the coffee shop. Which was actually inside the main restaurant. Minor, really… but I was very in need of caffeine.

Spa & Relaxation – Did I Find Zen? (Spoiler: Probably not):

The Ramada boasts a spa, and a fitness center. (Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]) I attempted to find some zen. I say attempted. The pool looked inviting (though I am not sure it was the view it claimed). The fitness center was well-equipped, but I'm not sure I know how to use every machine. I did sample the spa. This part was particularly interesting… The therapists were lovely, but the language barrier presented some… challenges. I'll just say that my body wrap turned into something of a interpretive dance of gestures and giggles.

Services & Conveniences – The Good, The Needs Improvement, and The Mystery:

Okay, let’s talk services. (Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center) The concierge was helpful, albeit a bit… enthusiastic. The daily housekeeping was impeccable. The business facilities seemed robust, though I didn't personally use them.

One service that was mystifying? The shrine. Yes, a shrine. Right there in the lobby. I have absolutely no idea why it was there, but it certainly added to the… flavor of the place.

For the Kids – Family Fun?:

I'm not a parent, but I did notice some kid-friendly facilities. (Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal) There's a babysitting service (which probably would have come in handy if I'd had kids), and some kids' meals on offer. The layout of the hotel, plus its pool, would probably be good for a family stay.

Getting Around – The Taxi Tussle:

Getting a taxi was a bit of a challenge. (Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking) The hotel offered a taxi service, but sometimes it was difficult to get a taxi. There was a free car park, which was handy.

Overall – Would I Recommend It?

Here's the thing: the Ramada Plaza Citycenter in Shenyang is not a flawless hotel. It has its quirks, its occasional logistical hiccups, and a certain… energy. But it is also clean, comfortable, and offers a wide range of amenities. And, let's be honest, that slightly chaotic charm is part of its appeal. It's an honest place.

Bottom Line:

  • Pros: Spacious rooms, excellent cleanliness, good dining options, friendly staff.
  • Cons: Elevator situation, occasional language barrier, slightly confusing layout.

If you're looking for a perfectly polished, cookie-cutter experience, this might not be the place for you. But if you're looking for a comfortable, well-equipped hotel with a bit of personality, and

Atlanta Midtown Escape: Indigo Hotel's Unbeatable Luxury Awaits!

Book Now

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Okay, buckle up, because this isn't your grandma's meticulously planned itinerary. This is… my Shenyang adventure, and it's bound to be a glorious, messy, and hopefully hilarious journey. Welcome to the Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter… and the delightful chaos that ensues.

The Shenyang Shenanigans: A Ramada Plaza Ramble

Day 1: Arrival and All That Jet Lag

  • 8:00 AM (ish): Landed in Shenyang. The airport was… well, it was an airport. Let's be honest, airports are airports. The only thing that really stood out was the sheer number of people. Oh, and the delightful, slightly panicked feeling of being completely, utterly lost in translation. Found my luggage (miracle!).
  • 9:30 AM: Taxi to the Ramada Plaza. The driver… let's just say his driving style involved a generous interpretation of lane markings and a penchant for honking. (Welcome to China, right?)
  • 10:30 AM: Check-in. The lobby? Gleaming. The staff? Super polite. The room? Surprisingly… spacious! High five to myself for remembering my adapter!
  • 11:00 AM: Collapse on the bed. Jet lag hit me like a freight train. I swore I was only going to close my eyes for a "quick rest".
  • 3:00 PM: Woke up, absolutely disoriented, wondering what year it was and if I’d accidentally booked a trip to the moon. Realized I missed lunch. Grumbling stomach.
  • 3:30 PM: Forced myself to leave the blessed comfort of the hotel room. Headed downstairs to explore the area surrounding the Ramada Plaza. Found a dumpling shop. Divine. Literally the best dumplings I've ever tasted. (More on this later, possibly.)

Day 2: The Forbidden City (and My Mild Panic)

  • 9:00 AM: Okay, so… The Forbidden City. Right. I prepped. I read the guidebooks. I downloaded the Mandarin phrasebook (which I've used exactly zero times so far).
  • 9:30 AM: Took the subway (easy peasy!). Found the Forbidden City. It was magnificent, truly. The architecture… the grandeur… the sheer scale of it all. My jaw actually dropped.
  • 10:30 AM: Lost my bearings. Wandered. Got slightly overwhelmed by the crowds. Started to feel a minor panic attack coming on (damn those crowds!). Found a quiet courtyard and just breathed for a bit.
  • 11:00 AM: Back on track! Made a mental note to stay hydrated (the sun was brutal). Continued exploring, marveling at the meticulous details, and wondering how they built this without power tools!
  • 1:00 PM: Lunch. Found a little noodle shop nearby. The menu was… let's just say it was a picture-based system with a lot of options. Pointed randomly at something. Turned out to be delicious, even if I still have no idea what it was.
  • 2:00 PM: Back to the hotel to recharge (emotionally and physically).
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Went for the "safe" option: fried rice. It was… fine. Nothing compared to those dumplings, though. (I'm obsessed, okay?)

Day 3: Dumpling Obsession and a Shopping Spree (or Attempt Thereof)

  • 9:00 AM: Went back to the dumpling shop! I could eat those dumplings every day for the rest of my life. Seriously, just the thought of them makes my taste buds do a happy dance. I actually, bravely, attempted to order in Mandarin! Success! (Sort of. I think I managed to convey my overwhelming dumpling enthusiasm, anyway).
  • 10:30 AM: Shopping. Went to a local market. I'm not much of a shopper, but wanted to experience the atmosphere. Bargaining is definitely an art form I have yet to master. I ended up buying… a pair of very bright socks. On sale!
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch at the market. Street food galore! There was this one… thing. It looked like a pancake, but with… everything. Spices, sauces, and god-knows-what-else. The spicy was spicy. (Loved it).
  • 2:00 PM: Back to the Ramada Plaza for a nap. I blame the market.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Found a restaurant that said it had English menus. It did. Except the pictures were… misleading. (I ordered chicken and got… something else entirely. Still tasted good though!)

Day 4: A Day of Rest, Reflection, and… More Dumplings

  • 9:00 AM: Slept in! Jet lag finally (sort of) subsided.
  • 10:00 AM: Took a stroll around the area. The hotel has a surprisingly lovely area. Went for a walk.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch, and, you guessed it… DUMPLINGS. I'm not even ashamed. I tried a new flavor. Even better than the last.
  • 2:00 PM: Packing time. Sort of. I'll probably end up sitting on my suitcase trying to close it.
  • 7:00 PM: Farewell Dinner at the hotel restaurant and, a final round of those delicious dumplings. (Could I smuggle some back? Asking for a friend – me.)

Day 5: Departure and Farewell (For Now)

  • 8:00 AM: Check out. Said goodbye to the friendly hotel staff.
  • 9:00 AM: Taxi to the airport. (Praying for a less eventful ride this time!)
  • 10:00 AM: Airport. Time for the long journey home.

Final Thoughts (or, How Shenyang Stole My Heart - and My Appetite)

Shenyang was… an experience. It was chaotic, beautiful, challenging, and utterly unforgettable. There were moments of pure awe, moments of mild panic, and moments of pure, unadulterated dumpling bliss. I made mistakes. I got lost. I ate things I couldn't identify. But I also discovered a city bursting with energy, history, and (most importantly) incredible food.

And those dumplings… I'll be dreaming of them. Until we meet again, Shenyang. (And until I figure out how to recreate that dumpling magic at home…)

Portland's BEST Downtown Hotel? RiverPlace Inn Secret Revealed!

Book Now

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang ChinaOkay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into a Ramada Plaza Citycenter Shenyang review... and trust me, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Think less perfectly polished travel blog, more chaotic journal entry fueled by jet lag and questionable dumplings. Here we go! ```html

Alright, spill the tea! Is the Ramada Plaza Citycenter Shenyang actually any good?

Okay, so "good" is a loaded word, right? Like, "good" for a business trip where you just want to sleep? Probably. "Good" if you're hoping for a luxurious experience that'll make you weep with joy? Probably not. Look, the room was clean-ish. And the bed... the bed was a bed. Pretty average, actually. But here's the thing... the lobby *felt* luxurious, all shiny marble and dramatic lighting. It made me feel like I was in a Bond movie... until I saw the vending machine. That brought me crashing back to reality. But let me clarify, it wasn't awful, it was just... a Ramada. And that's honestly fine. What's that saying? "Lower your expectations and the world will be your oyster"? In this case, my oyster was a slightly stale cookie from the lobby cafe. And hey, at least there *was* a lobby cafe!

Let's talk about the location. Is it convenient for getting around Shenyang?

Okay, so the location... that's where things get... tricky. They *say* "city center," right? Which sounds grand and exciting! Like you're right in the thick of things! And technically, yeah, you're *near* things. But "near" can be a relative term when you're battling rush hour traffic in Shenyang. Expect a taxi ride to pretty much anything that's not directly next door. I tried to walk to a dumpling place I'd heard about. Big mistake. Let's just say I saw more of Shenyang's industrial side than I bargained for. Bring comfortable shoes and your patience. Seriously. Although, the upside? Those taxi drivers are *amazing* at navigating the chaos. It's like watching a synchronized swimming team, but with cars and honking.

What about the staff? Were they helpful?

Okay, the staff. This is always a gamble, isn't it? In my experience, it was a mixed bag. Some were incredibly lovely, bending over backwards to help. I remember one guy at the front desk who, bless his heart, patiently tried to explain the intricacies of the local train system to me for a solid ten minutes, despite my blatant lack of Mandarin skills. He was a saint. Others... well, let's just say there was a noticeable language barrier. Asking for extra pillows felt like conducting a full orchestra sometimes. But hey, they tried! And honestly? Their enthusiasm made up for any communication gaps. It was more a case of, "Let's figure this out together!" which, in a foreign country, can be pretty endearing. The bellhop, though? Legend. Always there with a smile, always ready to haul my suitcase, which, after the dumpling-induced walking marathon, was more appreciated than he knew.

The rooms! What were they like? Clean? Spacious? Any weird smells?

Okay, the rooms. Ah, the rooms! Here's the deal: they were... fine. Clean-ish. Like, I didn't see any obvious dirt bunnies staging a revolt or anything. But, and this is a *minor* observation, but still, I swear I caught a whiff of... something. Not a bad smell, exactly. More like a faint, lingering aroma of... old carpet mixed with slightly stale air conditioning. You know? Like, the kind of smell that's been marinating in the room since the dawn of time. Definitely not offensive, but certainly not the fresh-cut-lilies-and-sunshine vibe I secretly crave. Space-wise? Adequate. Not palatial, but enough room to not feel claustrophobic. The bathroom was functional, the shower worked (always a win!), and the water pressure was surprisingly good. So, points for that! The color palette was... beige. Beige and more beige. I think I saw more beige in that room than I've seen in my entire life. Think "comforting drabness."

What about the food? Did you eat at the hotel's restaurant? And if so, was it any good?

Okay, the food. This is where things get... interesting. I *did* attempt the hotel's restaurant. It was… an experience. Breakfast was included, and it was a buffet. Buffets are always a gamble, aren't they? You have the potential for glorious excess, and the potential for… well, rubbery scrambled eggs. This buffet was a bit of both. They had a noodle station, which was pretty great. I slurped down noodles like they were going out of style. Then there was the fruit. Some of it was clearly fresh, and some… let's just say it had seen better days. I cautiously sampled a piece of melon that looked particularly sad, and let's just say that was a mistake. The coffee? Undrinkable. I ended up relying on instant coffee packets in my room. The dinner menu? Mostly Western food, which seemed a bit odd. I opted for a burger, which was… edible. Not something I’d write home about. The best meal? The slightly-stale cookie from the lobby cafe. It was a good cookie. Really, really good. And that, perhaps, says it all.

The pool? The gym? Did you check them out?

Ah, the amenities. Okay, so, hear me out. I *intended* to check out the pool. I packed my swimsuit, I envisioned myself doing some serious laps to burn off those dumpling calories. But then... I saw the gym. From the hallway. It was... let's just say it wasn't exactly the pinnacle of modern fitness. Think: slightly rusty equipment, questionable lighting, and the distinct possibility of encountering more beige. I chickened out. I mean, I'm no fitness fanatic to begin with. And the pool? I think I *heard* it was there. Somewhere. Maybe on floor -X or something. After the gym observation, I decided to prioritize relaxation and dumpling consumption over potential swimming. So, no, I didn't hit the pool. And you know what? I don't regret it. Sometimes, the greatest luxury is the freedom to sit around in your beige room, eating instant noodles and watching Chinese television. I wouldn't say those are the best activities in the world, but at least they were reliably accessible.

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Okay, the million-dollar question! Would I stay there again? Hmmm... probably. Look, it wasn't *terrible*. It was clean enough. The staff, for the most part, were lovely. And hey, it had a bed. But also... it's a Ramada. It's not a destination in itself. It's a place to rest your weary head after a day of exploring (read: getting lost in) Shenyang. If I was coming back to Shenyang for business, and the company was footing the bill, sure, I would. If I was backpacking and on a tight budget? MaybeWhere To Sleep In

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Ramada Plaza Shenyang Citycenter Shenyang China

Post a Comment for "Shenyang's BEST Hotel? Ramada Plaza Citycenter Review!"