
Hanoi's Hottest Pad: KorHan Deluxe Apartment Awaits!
KorHan Deluxe Apartment: Hanoi Hot or Hot-Mess? A Review (With a Side of Hummus)
Alright, alright… settle in. You want the real deal on KorHan Deluxe Apartment in Hanoi? Forget the glossy brochure promises; I’m about to spill the phį». (Get it? Spill… like, the review!) This place… well, it's an experience. Let's just say it left a bigger impression on me than that spicy bun cha I devoured street-side (and that’s saying something!).
SEO & Metadata - Because Apparently Algorithms Care:
- Keywords: Hanoi Apartment, KorHan Deluxe, Accessible Hotel, Hanoi Hotel Review, Spa Hanoi, Swimming Pool Hanoi, Free Wi-Fi, Hanoi Airport Transfer, Deluxe Accommodation, Asian Cuisine, Vegetarian Food Hanoi, Family-Friendly Hanoi, Business Travel Hanoi, Wheelchair Accessible, Hanoi Travel Guide
- Meta Description: Honest review of KorHan Deluxe Apartment in Hanoi. Detailed look at accessibility, amenities, dining, and overall experience. Learn if it's worth the hype (and if the Wi-Fi actually works!). Includes inside scoop on cleanliness, safety, and things to do.
The Good, the Bad, and the Surprisingly Delicious Eggplant Dip…
First off, let’s talk Accessibility. That's a big one for me, and frankly, it's hit or miss in Hanoi. KorHan gets some points here. They say they have facilities for disabled guests. I didn’t personally test this (thankfully!), but I did see an elevator and what looked like some ramp access. Worth a check if you're relying on it though – always call and confirm those nitty-gritty details!
Now, the Internet. Oh, the internet. “Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!” they boast. And, technically, that’s true. But “free” also meant “spotty at best” in my room (Ahem, let's call it "Room 307, the Bermuda Triangle of Wi-Fi"). The staff, bless their hearts, were incredibly patient with my desperate pleas to connect to the outside world, but ultimately, the Wi-Fi only cooperated in fits and starts. Luckily, there was also Internet [LAN] available, but bringing a laptop seems old school, right? Anyway, the lobby Wi-Fi was a bit more reliable, but who wants to be glued to a screen in the public areas when you're supposed to be soaking up Hanoi vibes?
One saving grace for the internet woes was the Internet services available, which included helpful staff even though my tech skills are…let's say…limited.
Diving Deep(ly) into the Fun Stuff:
Okay, let's get to the fun stuff: the Things to do and ways to relax. This is where KorHan tried to impress. They have a swimming pool (outdoor, thankfully, because Hanoi humidity is a beast!), a Pool with a view, and a fitness center. The gym/fitness center looked decent, though I, uh, leaned more towards the "relax" side of things.
And speaking of relaxing, the Spa/sauna situation was… interesting. They offer Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, and a steamroom. I went for the massage. Let's just say it was… authentic. Less "luxury spa day," more "vigorous kneading." I'm pretty sure I felt muscles I didn't even know I had. But hey, it was memorable. And the sauna? Hot, steamy, and a welcome escape from the chaos outside…
Cleanliness & Safety – The New Normal (Kinda):
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Check.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Check.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Check.
- Hand sanitizer: Everywhere (a welcome sight!).
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: They claimed it.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Good to know.
Listen, I spent a good portion of my trip wiping down surfaces, not gonna lie. But KorHan tried. They were definitely taking things seriously, which, in this post-pandemic world, is a major plus. The Hygiene certification reassured me, or at least, calmed my anxiety a little. I also appreciated the Safe dining setup
Food Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup):
Ah, the Dining, drinking, and snacking scene! This is where KorHan really shines… or at least, tries to. They had a crazy amount of choices. Restaurants*, *Coffee Shop*, and *Snack bar* were all on the menu. The Bar was a nice touch for a quick drink.
The Asian breakfast was a delightful way to start the day. And the Vegetarian restaurant had a few options, though the menu could definitely use a little more pizzazz. The Breakfast [buffet] was a decent spread, with the usual suspects, but the A La Carte in restaurant was where I had my best experiences. The Coffee/tea in restaurant was passable, especially when drowning my Wi-Fi-induced sorrows.
Now, about that eggplant dip I mentioned earlier… it was from the International cuisine in the restaurant restaurant, and honestly, it was divine. Creamy, smoky, and perfectly seasoned. I ordered it twice, just to be sure. (Don’t judge!)
However, I did have a slight issue with the Breakfast service. As I've said before, the Wi-Fi was a disaster but it also meant the breakfast was delayed for an hour and a half. This happens, I’m not a diva. I can wait, but my stomach was letting me know.
The Rest of the Roster: Services and Conveniences & More
- Services and conveniences: Air conditioning, a cash withdrawal service, a concierge, a convenience store, and, of course, daily housekeeping.
- For the kids: If you are there with kids, Family/child friendly accommodations.
- Getting around: Airport transfer (they did a good job with this!), Taxi service and valet parking if you're feeling fancy.
The Lowdown in the Rooms: Available in All Rooms
- Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone (what is this, 1998?), Bathtub, Blackout curtains (THANK GOD), Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed (for those of you who are tall), Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens
The Verdict: Is KorHan Worth the Trip? (And Will My Wi-Fi Ever Be the Same?)
Honestly? That depends.
If you prioritize impeccable internet, you might want to look elsewhere. But if you’re looking for a decent, reasonably priced option with a good location, a hearty breakfast, a killer eggplant dip, and a willingness to embrace a little chaos (and a lot of massage kneading), then KorHan Deluxe Apartment could be worth a shot.
It's not perfect, it's a little rough around the edges, but it has charm. And let's be real, sometimes the imperfections are what make a trip truly memorable. Just bring a good book (or download a bunch of stuff) and prepare to embrace the adventure. 3.5 stars. Could be better. It’s a solid option. I will be back.
Cotulla Getaway: Fairfield Inn & Suites Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's meticulously-formatted itinerary. This is… well, this is my chaotic, wonderfully messy, and utterly opinionated Hanoi adventure, all centered around the glorious KorHan Deluxe Apartment. Prepare for some tangents, some griping, and a whole lotta love (and maybe a little hate… mostly for the jet lag).
KorHan Deluxe Apartment: My Love Nest (and occasional source of minor existential dread) in Hanoi - The "Almost Perfect" Itinerary
(Disclaimer: This is a suggestion. Feel free to completely ignore it and wander aimlessly. That's what I'm planning on doing, frequently.)
Day 1: Arrival of the "Perfect" (HA!) Traveler & the Big Hanoi Embrace (or "Why Did I Forget my Adapter?")
- Morning (like, really morning): Land at Noi Bai Airport (HAN). Jet lag hits me like a brick. I'm already questioning all my life choices, specifically the one that involved a red-eye flight. Pre-booked airport transfer (smart, even if I feel like a zombie). This is where the honeymoon phase begins.
- Anecdote: The driver, bless his heart, was holding a sign with my name. But it was clearly hastily scribbled and looked more like "Agnes." I considered pretending to be Agnes for a solid five minutes. Then, I remembered my own name. Slightly disappointing.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Arrive at the KorHan Deluxe Apartment. Oh, the sweet relief of air conditioning! It's even nicer than the pictures. I'm immediately sold on the place. The balcony? Chef's kiss. The kitchen? I shall conquer it (or at least order some pho in).
- Imperfection: Realized I completely forgot my adapter. Cue internal screaming. Found a convenience store, but it was like navigating a minefield of Vietnamese phrases I don't understand. Gave up and pointed at a phone charger. Victory! (Sort of.)
- Afternoon: Settling in, unpacking, fighting the urge to nap for 12 hours. A quick, desperate search for coffee. Success! Found a local coffee shop nearby.
- Quirky Observation: The coffee is STRONG. Like, "could probably fuel a rocket" strong. Also, the tiny plastic stools are adorable and I want a hundred of them.
- Evening: Wandering around the Old Quarter. The sensory overload! The scooters! The food smells! So much… everything. Found a street food stall and bravely ordered something I think was spring rolls. Spicy. Delicious. Worth the risk of potential stomach distress. Then tried to pay. It involved lots of pointing, smiles, and me feeling like the most clueless tourist ever.
- Emotional Reaction: This is AMAZING. This is exactly what I wanted. Oh, and the fact that I could buy delicious food for a pittance is just the cherry on top.
- Rambling: The Old Quarter is a labyrinth. I got lost (multiple times) but it was part of the fun. Every alleyway seemed to hold a secret, a hidden gem. Or sometimes, just a very loud karaoke bar. Which is also a gem, in its own way.
Day 2: Temples, Trash and Triumph (or, "How I (Almost) Became a Street Food Expert")
- Morning: Trying to eat breakfast at the apartment. The kitchen is lovely, but the fridge has little to no "breakfast-y" things – the fruit is on the more costly side. This is going to be an adventure, but I need to be prepared.
- Minor Category: The apartment is great but I’m trying to find a restaurant right now.
- Morning (again, slightly later): Visiting the Temple of Literature. Stunning. Peaceful. Made me feel… smarter by osmosis.
- Opinionated Language: Seriously, the architecture is breathtaking. I could spend hours just wandering around, soaking it all in. Touristy, yes, but completely worth it.
- Mid-day: A walking tour of the Old Quarter. I booked it online and the tour guide was super knowledgeable. He revealed the hidden histories, told me so much, just a great trip with him .
- Afternoon: Street food extravaganza! Back to a different part of the Old Quarter. Found a "Banh Mi" stall. Oh. My. God. The baguette, the fillings, the sauce – pure heaven. Now I understand the hype.
- Doubling Down: The Banh Mi Experience: I went back to the same Banh Mi stall three times that day. Each time, I tried a different variation. Each time, I felt a little closer to nirvana. The woman running the stall started recognizing me. We shared a smile (and maybe a nod of understanding). I felt accepted, even if I still butchered the pronunciation of "Banh Mi."
- Evening: Trying to navigate the Hanoi traffic back to KorHan. I considered hiring a taxi but the chaos is exciting!
- Messier Structure: The traffic is the wild west, but it's also a dance. Motorbikes weaving, horns blaring, people everywhere. I'm terrified and exhilarated all at once. I'm starting to understand the "rules" of the road. (Sort of. Maybe. Don't judge.)
- Night: A well-deserved beer (or two… or three) on my balcony, watching the city lights twinkle. Reflecting on the day. Still in awe.
Day 3: Water Puppets, Watery Transportation and a (Slight) Food Crisis
- Morning: Waking up to the sun and the sounds of Hanoi, making me feel like a person again.
- Late Morning/Early Afternoon: Watching the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. A truly unique experience. The puppets are charming, the music is catchy, and I'm fairly sure I didn't understand a single word but LOVED it.
- Anecdote: I accidentally spilled my drink during the performance. Mortified. Managed to salvage the situation with a slightly clumsy, but ultimately successful, attempt to clean it up with a napkin.
- Afternoon: Boat trip on Hoan Kiem Lake. It's beautiful, peaceful, and a welcome respite from the city's hustle and bustle. The turtle tower makes for a great photo op.
- Late Afternoon: The beginnings of a minor (or major?) food crisis. I went out for a late lunch. Turns out a late lunch in Hanoi means… everything is closed. Panicked, I wandered around aimlessly. Eventually, found a tiny, dimly-lit restaurant. Ordered something… I'm not sure what exactly.
- Emotional Reaction: The dish arrived. It looked… interesting. Cautiously took a bite. It was… not good. At all. Swallow and decide to try again tomorrow.
- Evening: Back at the KorHan Deluxe Apartment. Ordered food delivery. Success! Delicious pho delivered right to my door. Feeling grateful for modern conveniences and the comfort of my cozy apartment.
- Rambling: The delivery guy was incredibly polite. It's these little interactions that make a place feel special. Also, the apartment really is a great home base. Its location, the balcony, the AC… all perfect.
Day 4: Markets, Museums, and a Farewell to the Fantastic
- Morning: Visiting Dong Xuan Market, the biggest covered market in Hanoi. A sensory overload in the best possible way.
- Quirky Observation: Bargaining is essential! I channeled my inner haggler and managed to get a great deal on some souvenirs. (Pretty sure I still overpaid, but hey, the experience was priceless.)
- Mid-day: Visiting the Hoa Lo Prison Museum. A sobering but important experience.
- Afternoon: Relaxing at the apartment, packing, and savoring my last moments in Hanoi.
- Opinionated Language: I wish I could have stayed longer. There's still so much to see, to experience. Hanoi has a way of getting under your skin.
- Evening: A final dinner at a restaurant, because I could not bring myself to try the awful food ever again. Said goodbye to the city. Head back to the apartment to gather my luggage.
- Emotional Reaction: I'm sad to be leaving, but filled with joy from the experience. I'll be back, Hanoi, that's for sure.
Departure: Back to Noi Bai Airport, and the journey home. Already planning my return.
Final Thoughts:
This itinerary is just a guideline. Embrace the unexpected. Get lost. Try new things. Eat the street food (carefully!). And most importantly, enjoy the chaos, the beauty, and the sheer, wonderful madness of Hanoi. And yes, your stay at the KorHan Deluxe Apartment will be a fantastic experience. At least, I know it was for me. Enjoy!
Grand Island Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Boarders Inn & Suites!
Hanoi's Hottest Pad: KorHan Deluxe Apartment Awaits! (or Does It?) A Freaking FAQ
Okay, spill the tea. Is KorHan Deluxe *really* deluxe? Like, actual palace-level deluxe?
Alright, let's be real, shall we? “Deluxe” is a… *relative* term. Think less Marie Antoinette's Versailles and more… a really, really nice expat apartment, okay? Look, the marble floors are gleaming (most of the time), the air conditioning *usually* works, and the views from the balcony are actually pretty stunning. I spent a solid hour staring at the sunset over West Lake the other night, and yeah, it was pretty damn deluxe in that moment. But then the neighbor started karaoke-ing at 2 AM... So, palace? Nah. Comfortable, stylish, and occasionally sleep-depriving? Absolutely. Just manage your expectations, yeah?
What's the deal with the location? Is it a nightmare to get around?
The location… hmmm. Okay, it's *in* a good area. Near the lake, close to some amazing cafes (seriously, get the egg coffee!), and the Old Quarter's a quick Grab ride away. But… traffic in Hanoi is a *beast*. Like, seriously, I've seen toddlers driving better than some of these motorbike drivers. Getting a taxi during rush hour can feel like trying to escape a zombie apocalypse. And sometimes, and I mean *sometimes*, even the Grab drivers get completely and utterly lost. One time, I swear, I ended up in a rice paddy. So, it's a trade-off. Convenient, yes. Always easy to get where you're going? Heck no. Embrace the chaos. It's part of the charm (eventually).
The pictures look amazing! Are the apartments *actually* that nice in person?
Okay, the pictures… they are *good*. Like, professional, lighting-and-angle-perfect good. And yes, the apartments *are* generally quite nice. But let's be honest, there's always *something*. Maybe a slightly wonky tile in the bathroom. Perhaps a tiny stain on the sofa (that's probably from me spilling pho, let's face it). The point is, they're lived-in, and that's a good thing! It means someone's actually using the place. Just don't expect everything to be surgically clean and pristine. It's got character, alright? A little Hanoi character. And you know what? I kinda dig it.
Do they have those awesome balconies I saw in the photos? And are they noisy?
The balconies… ah, yes. The balconies. Mine is *glorious*. Seriously, the sunsets! The gentle breeze! The feeling of being… well, not *quite* in the middle of the city chaos, but close enough to soak it all in. And yes, they're generally included. BUT… the noise. Oh. The noise. Hanoi is a symphony of sound, a never-ending concert of honking motorbikes, street vendors yelling their wares, and, as mentioned before, the occasional karaoke enthusiast. The balconies offer front-row seats. Bring earplugs. Or, you know, develop a fondness for the sounds of Hanoi, like I *kinda* have. You have to, or you'll go mad. Just embrace it. Crank the aircon and have some peace. Though, the views, *damn!*
What about the Internet? Is it actually usable?
The Internet... this is a big one, folks. Okay, let’s be honest - it’s not always lightning fast. I've had moments of pure, unadulterated frustration trying to upload a video or even just load a webpage during the peak hours. I think my blood pressure actually spiked. The good news? It's generally reliable enough for everyday use – emails, browsing, streaming, and sometimes even video calls (though, be prepared for occasional pixelation). So, yes, it’s usable. But don't expect miracles. Pack your patience. And maybe a portable wifi hotspot, "just in case". You know, to save your sanity.
Is there a gym? Because I enjoy not turning into a total blob.
Yes! Well, *usually* yes. This is a big one, so listen up, because the gym situation can be a bit… variable. Often advertised, but not always available. And when it *is* available, it might involve a rickety treadmill and questionable equipment. Check what the current situation is first. I mean, that would really suck to base your move somewhere upon the gym being open, and then it not to be!
What's the cleaning situation like? Do I have to scrub toilets?
Oh sweet heaven, no, you (usually) don't have to scrub toilets! Cleaning is *usually* included, to some degree or another. Most apartments, offer cleaning services. The frequency might vary; some places offer weekly cleaning service. Some places have cleaning staff that, well, sometimes you wonder if they've ever actually cleaned anything before... Then again, they're usually kind, and the apartment is usually cleanish. Regardless, double-check the specifics of your apartment cleaning agreement *before* signing anything. And hey, a strategically placed air freshener can work wonders in a pinch, am I right?
Anything else I should know before signing a lease? Any hidden downsides?
Hidden downsides… hmm. Okay, here's the real talk. First, the language barrier can be an issue. Navigating anything with the building staff can be an adventure if you don't speak Vietnamese. Secondly, things break. Stuff happens in Southeast Asia – appliances malfunction, faucets leak, and sometimes, the entire power grid goes kaput. Be prepared for minor (and occasionally major) inconveniences. Thirdly, and this is a big one: Read your lease VERY carefully. Ask questions. Don't be afraid to haggle (respectfully, of course). Make sure you understand everything before you sign on the dotted line. Seriously. And lastly… embrace the chaos! Hanoi is a wild ride, and KorHan Deluxe, despite its name, is just a small part of that ride. But it's a pretty comfy seat.


Post a Comment for "Hanoi's Hottest Pad: KorHan Deluxe Apartment Awaits!"