Unbelievable Deal! Howard Johnson's Newburgh Getaway Awaits!

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Unbelievable Deal! Howard Johnson's Newburgh Getaway Awaits!

Unbelievable Deal! Howard Johnson's Newburgh Getaway Awaits! – A Rambling, Honest Review (Because Who Has Time for Perfection?)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to unleash a review of the Howard Johnson's in Newburgh that’s less Pulitzer Prize-winning and more… well, a real, messy, human experience. I'm here to tell you, it’s not always sunshine and roses, even when the price tag screams "steal!" But hey, let's dive in, shall we?

SEO & Metadata (Because I Gotta, Gotta, Gotta):

  • Keywords: Howard Johnson's Newburgh, Newburgh hotel review, Hudson Valley getaway, Accessible hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Swimming pool, Affordable lodging, pet-friendly hotel (maybe?!), Clean hotel, Restaurant review, Hotel room features, Business travel, Family travel, Discount hotels, Last minute deals, Indoor pool, Outdoor pool, New York hotels
  • Meta Description: A brutally honest and delightfully rambling review of the Howard Johnson's Newburgh! We dig into the nitty-gritty: accessibility, Wi-Fi, food, cleanliness, and whether it’s worth your hard-earned cash. Prepare for opinions!
  • Categories Covered: Accessibility, On-site Dining, Amenities, Services, Room Features, Safety & Security, Family Friendly, Business traveler features, Dining

(Deep Breath. Here we go…)

First things first, The Deal. "Unbelievable Deal!" – Well, they weren't lying. The price was right. Temptingly right. Which, as we all know, often means you're trading off some… refinements.

Accessibility: Now, I’m not in a wheelchair, so I can’t personally vouch for everything, but the website (and the photos, which can be deceiving mind you) claimed wheelchair accessibility. (Important Note: Always CALL to confirm. Pictures can lie! Seriously, call!) I did see elevators, and the general layout looked manageable. So, a hesitant "maybe" on that front. I’m marking that as "check but confirm".

On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: Ummm… there were restaurants listed. But accessible…again, check with them directly. I'm getting a distinct sense of “mileage may vary” here.

Wheelchair Accessible (again): See above. The hotel is not a castle, but also not a cave so again, give them a call!!

Internet & Wi-Fi (Oh, the Humanity!): Let's talk about my nemesis: Wi-Fi. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yes! This is key, and frankly, pretty standard now. The hotel had Internet access including Internet [LAN], and Wi-Fi in public areas. The speed? Well, let’s just say it's not going to win any awards. I mean, it worked… eventually. I got my emails. I streamed a little. Don't expect to download the entire internet in five minutes. (Which, let's face it, is a goal most of us secretly have.)

Now, I tried the Internet services - I sent a few emails, some were successful. I had some issues, some were slow, but I got through the day.

Things to do, ways to relax (Pool Days, Anyone?):

  • Swimming pool [outdoor]: Ah, the siren song of a swimming pool. The pictures were all inviting. I think it was open, but the weather during my trip was a bit… questionable. So, I didn't personally experience the refreshing coolness of the pool, but I did see it. It looked clean, and well maintained.
  • Swimming pool: Yep, there was one (or maybe two? It’s all a bit muddled in my weary memory!). And it was accessible, apparently. But not usable.

Cleanliness and Safety (Because, You Know, Current Events):

  • Anti-viral cleaning products: Okay, points for that! They're at least trying.
  • Daily disinfection in common areas: Good to hear! I'm sure they are also following all the other rules.
  • Hand sanitizer: Spotted! (Hallelujah!)
  • Rooms sanitized between stays: Another win.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Hopefully! I didn’t personally witness any hazmat suits, but that's probably a good thing.
  • Cleanliness: The hotel (as I observed it) was really, and I mean really clean.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Good, the Bad, and the Greasy (Maybe?):

  • Breakfast [buffet]: It was available! And it was… a breakfast buffet. A decent one! I’m not a big fan of buffets. Buffet in restaurant: it was what you expect, and it was accessible.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant/Coffee shop: Coffee, yes! Tea, yes! More importantly, it was readily available.
  • Room service: The website listed 24-hour room service. However… I asked. And they said no. So, that was not great.
  • Restaurants: A few! You can order a la carte in restaurant. There were also a lot of Alternative meal arrangement, but I ended up ordering breakfast takeaway service.
  • Snack bar: Well, there was a vending machine. Does that count? Honestly, after the room service debacle, I was afraid to ask.

Services and Conveniences (The Perks and the Perplexing):

  • Air conditioning in public area: CHECK! (Needed it)
  • Cash withdrawal: Yes!
  • Concierge: Didn’t see one.
  • Contactless check-in/out: They were trying! Bless their hearts.
  • Convenience store: Now, this is where things get interesting. There was a “convenience” shop… I used my phone to order some snacks, water, and a few other comforts when I was bored in my room.
  • Currency exchange: Not that I saw.
  • Daily housekeeping: Yes! And they did a great job. My bed was made and my room was cleaned every day, which I appreciated.
  • Elevator: Yes. Again, see above!
  • Facilities for disabled guests: See accessibility above.
  • Ironing service: Actually, I think they had one.
  • Luggage storage: Yep!
  • Safety deposit boxes: Yes, but I'm not trusting them.

For the Kids (Because, Again, Family Matters):

  • Family/child friendly: Yeah, I think so, given the pool.
  • Kids facilities: Maybe. Call and ask, before you go!
  • Babysitting service: Unlikely… especially given what I've already written.

Room Features (The Make-or-Break Details):

  • Air conditioning: Essential! Needed!
  • Bathrobes: No, but I wasn’t expecting them.
  • Carpeting: Yep! (A little worn, but whatever.)
  • Coffee/tea maker: YES. Vital.
  • Desk: There was one. Adequate for laptop work.
  • Free bottled water: Appreciated!
  • Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Refrigerator, Shower, Slippers: Standard stuff.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Praise be! (See above.)
  • Window that opens: Bonus points for fresh air!

Safety and Security (Because You Want to Feel Safe, Right?):

  • CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Non-smoking rooms, Smoke alarms, Security [24-hour]: All present! All appreciated.
  • Smoke detector: essential. I hate when hotels have this missing.
  • Fire extinguisher: Just in case!

Getting Around (Car, Bus, or… Feet?):

  • Car park [free of charge]: YES! Always a plus.
  • Car park [on-site]: Yup!
  • Airport transfer: I don't know. (Call!)
  • Taxi service: If you can find one.

The "Unbelievable Deal" Verdict:

Look, the Howard Johnson's in Newburgh isn't the Ritz. It's not even the Holiday Inn. But it's a perfectly acceptable, budget-friendly option. It does the basics, the staff were great, and the price was CHEAP (for the area)! Just don't go in expecting luxury, be prepared to call and confirm, and enjoy the fact that you're saving some serious cash. You might have a blast, or you might spend the weekend thinking about the pool. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Escape to Luxury: Skytop Lodge's Unforgettable Pocono Mountain Getaway

Book Now

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we’re about to navigate the chaotic, glorious, and possibly slightly regrettable adventure that is… my trip to the Howard Johnson by Wyndham in Newburgh, New York. Prepare yourselves. This is less "polished travelogue" and more "unfiltered brain dump post-stay."

Day 1: Arrival and the Crushing Weight of Expectation (Plus, Pizza!)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival at HoJo (or, What I Thought Was Arrival). Okay, the pictures online looked… adequate. But the actual building? Let's just say it had that certain je ne sais quoi of a roadside motel that’s seen a lot of history. I pulled up, half-expecting to see a tumbleweed roll across the parking lot. (Spoiler alert: no tumbleweed, just a very enthusiastic leaf blower guy.) Check-in was… efficient. Not chatty. Just "Here's your key. Room number. Have a nice day." Groundbreaking.

    • Emotional Reaction: I’m instantly hit with a wave of existential dread. Is this it? Is this where my life peaks? Am I destined to watch late-night cable in a room with questionable carpet for the next three days?
  • 2:00 PM - The Room! (or, the Abyss Stares Back). Upon entering room, all my fear confirmed. It reminded me of my grandpa's basement, only less organized. The bedspread? Straight out of the 1980s. The air conditioning sounded like a dying walrus. The bathroom… well, let’s just say I wouldn’t want to drop anything precious of mine on the floor.

    • Quirky Observation: I immediately started inspecting for bed bugs. I swear, I’ve become obsessed with them since I read that article about the ones that are the size of a thumbnail. Ugh.
  • 2:30 PM - Re-evaluation of Life Choices. I sat on the bed, bouncing. At least the mattress seemed… functional? I'm not exactly a mattress snob. Okay, I am. But right now, I was trying to be optimistic. After all, it's just a place to crash, right?

    • Anecdote: I briefly considered escaping to the outdoor pool, but then I remembered I forgot my swimsuit. So, the crushing weight of the hotel room was my only companion. I was at least in a room alone with my thoughts.
  • 3:00 PM - Pizza Rescue. Thank goodness for the internet and Grubhub. A local pizza joint, “Tony’s Tasty Slices,” saved my soul. A pepperoni pizza showed up at the door like a beacon of hope. It wasn't the best pizza I've ever had, but it was hot, cheesy, and everything I needed to remind me that things can always be worse.

    • Opinionated Language: The pizza was good. Not life-changing, but definitely "better than the hotel room" good.
  • 4:00 PM - TV and Regret (or, the Slow Descent). I flipped through channels on the ancient TV. Found nothing of interest (or anything in HD). I feel as if I'm watching an old VHS tape.

    • Messier Structure and Occasional Rambles: I decided to just shut my brain off. Watch whatever pap came on. Before I know it, I'm binge-watching a show about competitive hot dog eating. Am I proud? No. Do I regret it? Maybe a little.
  • 9:00 PM - Sleep Attempt (or, the Walrus Returns). The air conditioner was like a jet engine in the room. I had to keep it running or stew in the humid heat, which meant a sleepless night.

    • Emotional Reaction: I just wanted a good night's sleep! That's all I wanted! Why is that so much to ask?!

Day 2: Hudson Valley Exploration (and the Quest for Caffeine!)

  • 9:00 AM - Breakfast (or, the Buffet of Disappointment). The "complimentary breakfast" at the HoJo. Let's just say it wasn't exactly a Michelin-star experience. The continental buffet featured stale pastries, watery coffee, and a vague sense of sadness. I ate some cereal and fled.

    • Stronger Emotional Reactions: Devastated. I was already losing faith in the hotel.
  • 9:30 AM - Caffeine Crisis. Desperate for caffeine, I ventured out in search of coffee. Found a cute little coffee shop in Newburgh and got a decent cup.

  • 10:30 AM - Exploring Newburgh (or, Finding Some Redemption!). Newburgh actually had some charm! Visited the waterfront, the historic district, and had a walk.

  • 1:00 PM - Lunch (or, the Joy of a Good Sandwich!). Discovered a hidden gem of a deli and ate a delicious sandwich. Finally, something good.

    • Doubling Down on a Single Experience: I spent hours wandering around a little antique shop. I love that kind of thing. It's so fun to rummage around and find old things.
  • 6:00 PM - Return to the Mothership (or, Accepting My Fate). Back to the HoJo for the night. The thought left me numb.

    • Opinionated Language: The mattress was okay. At least I didn't wake up with bed bug bites.

Day 3: Departure and Final Thoughts (or, the Escape!)

  • 9:00 AM - The Great Escape (or, Adios, HoJo!). Woke up. Ate a pathetic breakfast. Packed my bags with a sense of relief. Checked out. Freedom!

    • Quirky Observation: The front desk guy smiled this time. Maybe he sensed my impending freedom.
  • 9:30 AM - Drive away. The hotel disappeared in my rearview mirror.

  • Final Thoughts (or, The Verdict). Would I stay at the Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh again? Maybe if I had to. But armed with the knowledge: pack your own entertainment, lower your expectations, and find a good pizza place.

Wilmington Beach Getaway: SpringHill Suites Bliss Awaits!

Book Now

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States```html

Unbelievable Deal! Howard Johnson's Newburgh Getaway Awaits! (Oh God, Here We Go...)

So, what *is* this "Unbelievable Deal" exactly? Is it actually unbelievable? (Because, let's be honest, hotel deals are usually a bit… well, believable.)

Okay, okay, deep breath. It *promises* to be a weekend getaway at the Howard Johnson's in Newburgh. Which, let's just say, evokes a certain… *vibe*. Think classic Americana, maybe a touch of faded glory. They’re touting a reduced rate, which, after seeing the photos, is probably a good thing. Unbelievable? I'm leaning towards "possibly decent for the price." My Aunt Mildred, bless her heart, once described a "fantastic" coupon for a used toaster oven as "unbelievable." So, yeah, expectations are… calibrated.

What's included in the deal? (Besides, you know, the potential for a slightly questionable continental breakfast.)

They blather on about a "comfortable room," which, again, raises questions. "Comfortable" can mean anything from, "Hey, the mattress doesn't have springs poking into your back" to "This room is basically a condemned broom closet." Then there’s the obligatory "access to amenities." Oh joy, a pool that’s probably seen better decades, and a "fitness center" that likely consists of a rusty treadmill and a lonely weight bench. And the *continental breakfast*… that’s where the true adventure begins. I'm envisioning stale bagels and lukewarm coffee. But hey, at least it's free, right? Right?! Ah, the sacrifices we make for a "getaway."

The location: Newburgh. What's the *deal* with *that*?

Newburgh, eh? Okay, history lesson time! (Or at least, a *brief* history lesson, because I’m not a historian, I'm just a guy who Googles a lot.) It's got a certain… *character*. It *was* a bustling port city, apparently. Now? Well, it's… trying. It’s got that "up-and-coming" feel, which, let's be honest, usually means "slightly rough around the edges but with an aggressively optimistic coffee shop on the corner." I’m picturing a lot of brick buildings, maybe a few abandoned warehouses. Remember that Seinfeld episode about the road trip? Yeah, I'm getting that vibe. Though, hopefully, fewer arguments about the direction of the car. Pray for me.

Let's talk about the pool. Please?

The pool. Oh, the pool. It's always the most crucial part, isn't it? I see it now: a rectangular monstrosity, probably chlorine-scented to high heaven. The tiles are cracked, a few are missing entirely, and there's a faint green tinge to the water hinting at something… other than cleanliness. I'm going to assume the pool itself has a long, complicated history, possibly involving questionable plumbing and the ghosts of forgotten pool parties. I'm not a huge pool person, but hey, it's a pool. Maybe I'll bring some of those pool noodles shaped like giant bananas. Or, ya know, just my phone and a book. Gotta have a backup plan. A very *distant* backup plan.

The Room. Ah.

The room. This is where things get *real*, folks. The description says “comfortable.” I'm envisioning a double bed, probably with a floral bedspread that screams "1980s motel chic." The TV? Possibly a tube TV. Actually, no, *probably* a tube TV. And that’s okay! There’s a certain nostalgia to it, right? Or maybe not. Could be a tiny, cramped space that smells faintly of stale cigarettes and regret. Let's just hope the air conditioning works. I mean, *really*. And the bathroom… that’s the real gamble. I'm preparing myself for a showerhead that offers a “gargle” setting and the classic Howard Johnson's mystery stain on the carpet. Pray for me. And bring the Clorox wipes. Just in case.

Let's talk food. Besides the *continental* breakfast of questionable origin. What are the options?

Okay, food. This is a *critical* question. I'm already formulating a plan. The "continental breakfast" is a known wildcard. I'll probably bring my own granola bars. But the real test will be the *other* options. Newburgh, from what I've read, has a mixed bag. Some decent restaurants, some… less so. I've got to do some serious Yelp! research. I'm thinking, burgers? Pizza? Maybe a dive bar with the best wings in the state? (A guy can dream, right?) And what about coffee? *Good* coffee is a must, no exceptions. Must. I'll pack my French press, just in case. The breakfast, the lunch, and the dinner. All of them are a roll of the dice. But... that's part of the adventure, isn't it? Right? Right…?

What's the worst that could happen? (Be honest... and a little dramatic, please.)

Oh, boy. Where do I even *start*?! Okay, worst-case scenario: Bedbugs. The room's infested. The pool is actually a swamp. The breakfast is a biological hazard. I check in, and it turns out the Howard Johnson's is actually haunted by the ghost of a disgruntled motel manager who *hates* late check-outs. I get trapped in an endless loop of breakfast buffets and flickering fluorescent lights. I spend the entire weekend dodging potholes and questionable characters. I develop a sudden, inexplicable allergy to chlorine. And I end up having to call my mom, at 3:00 am asking her to bail me out. *That's* the worst-case scenario. But hey, at least it'll make a good story, right?

What's the best that could happen? (Don't be afraid to dream!)

Okay, okay... the *best*? The room is surprisingly clean and charming, maybe with a little balcony overlooking a beautiful view. The pool is sparkling and refreshing. The breakfast is *actually* decent, maybe even with fresh fruit. I discover a hidden gem of a restaurant with amazing food. I find a cool little antique shop, or stumble upon a local art fair. And, crucially, I actually *relax*. I read a book, take a nap, and forget about all the stress of everyday life. I come back feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and maybe even slightly in love with Newburgh and the whole Howard Johnson's Experience. And the *most* magical thing? Despite all my worries, it's surprisingly… *memorable*. And I end up thinking about it, and smiling about it, for years toBook For Rest

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Newburgh Newburgh (NY) United States

Post a Comment for "Unbelievable Deal! Howard Johnson's Newburgh Getaway Awaits!"