
Escape to Hazelwood: Your Cozy Motel 6 Awaits!
Escape to Hazelwood: My Cozy Motel 6 Awaits! (Or Does It?) - A Review With a Side of Existential Angst & Questionable Life Choices
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just survived (and I mean survived) my stay at “Escape to Hazelwood: Your Cozy Motel 6 Awaits!” Let's just say, the name is… aspirational. I went in expecting a getaway, a chance to reboot my frazzled soul. What I got? Well, that's a story that requires a large glass of wine and maybe a therapist.
Let's start with the basics, shall we? This review is gonna be a bit of a rollercoaster, so hold on tight.
SEO & Metadata (Gotta appease the Google gods, ya know?):
- Keywords: Hazelwood Motel, Motel 6 review, accessible hotel, wheelchair accessible, free Wi-Fi, spa, swimming pool, restaurant, family hotel, pet-friendly, clean hotel, COVID-19 safety, Hazelwood accommodation, budget hotel, motel review, best motel.
- Meta Description: Honest and detailed review of "Escape to Hazelwood," covering accessibility, amenities, cleanliness, dining, and overall experience, with a healthy dose of personal chaos. Find out if this "cozy" motel is worth your time (and sanity!).
Accessibility - Trying to be Inclusive, but Failing Spectacularly?
Okay, let's be real. I'm fortunate enough to not need wheelchair access, but I'm always hyper-aware of these things. "Hazelwood" claims to be accessible. There's a mention of facilities for disabled guests. But, and this is a big but, the website was vague, and I honestly didn't see any concrete evidence of ramps, wide doorways, or anything particularly user-friendly beyond… well, the illusion of it. Maybe ask for pictures, before you go if this is crucial. (Rating: 2/5 - Potential for disappointment heavily outweighs the potential for satisfaction)
On-site Accessible Restaurants? Lounges? - My Stomach Says "No."
Honestly, I didn’t even see a proper restaurant! There were mentions of a “breakfast in the room” and a “coffee shop” (which was essentially a glorified counter). I'm going to assume the "accessible" element here means… you can carry your own coffee? (Rating: 1/5 - False advertising, almost.)
Wheelchair Accessible? - The Great Unknown
See above. I can't say it's not accessible, but I also can't say it is. The website was about as clear as mud.
Internet Access – The Only Thing That Actually Worked (Mostly)
Praise the Wi-Fi gods! Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms! Hooray! And it actually worked! Mostly. There were a few… blips during my stay, dropouts that left me staring blankly at my laptop, wondering if the digital void was finally consuming me. But hey, for the most part, I could doomscroll with the best of them. And with the internet, that meant access to [LAN], Internet services, and Wi-Fi in public areas. (Rating: 4/5 - Thank you, internet, for existing!)
Things to Do, Ways to Relax… Or Not.
This is where things get… dicey.
Spa? Sauna? Steamroom? Pool with View? They. Were. All. A. Lie. (or at least, non-existent during my stay). "Hazelwood" boasts a spa, but it was more of a… dream. The pool? A sad, slightly green rectangle in the back that looked like it hadn't seen a chlorine tablet in a decade. The sauna and steamroom? Mystical creatures, apparently. The only spa experience I got was the stress of staring at the depressing pool. (Rating: 0/5 - My hopes and dreams are shattered, a pool in a bad state of repair.)
Fitness Center? Gym/Fitness? I’m pretty sure the “fitness center” was just a small room with a treadmill from the 90s that looked like it was about to shed its mechanical soul. Seriously. I didn't dare touch it. (Rating: 1/5 - Exercise caution, literally.)
Massage? Body Scrub? Body Wrap? Nope. Nada. Zilch. My back is still knotted from the stress of the whole experience, though.
Cleanliness and Safety - The COVID-19 Circus
Okay, this is where "Hazelwood" tried. They had… certifications and protocols! There were signs about "anti-viral cleaning products" and "rooms sanitized between stays." They claimed to have "staff trained in safety protocols." I saw hand sanitizer stations, which was a plus. The whole thing just felt… performative. Like they knew they had to do it, but weren't fully committed. They even had "individually-wrapped food options" (more on that later). (Rating: 3/5 - Points for effort, but still felt a bit sketchy.)
- Room Sanitization Opt-Out Available: I didn't even bother asking.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – A Culinary Adventure (Of Sorts)
This is where the Motel 6-ness really shines.
Breakfast [buffet]: Yes! Sort of! A buffet of… questionable quality. Imagine individual packages of stale bread, a vat of what might have been scrambled eggs, and pre-packaged pastries that looked like they’d seen better days. "Asian breakfast" and "Western breakfast" were offered – basically, the same stuff, with a sprinkle of instant noodles. (I opted for the instant noodles.) (Rating: 1.5/5 - It filled a hole, but it didn't satisfy the soul.)
Coffee/tea in restaurant: See above - coffee that tasted of burnt car tires.
Room service [24-hour]: Are you kidding? Just another false pretension.
Snack bar: I vaguely remember an old vending machine in a hallway.
Restaurants: I think it refers back to the same place that serve breakfast.
Poolside bar, Happy hour, Bars, Bottle of water, Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, A la carte in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant, Alternative meal arrangement: None.
Services and Conveniences – A Mixed Bag of Disappointment
- Air conditioning in public area: Yes, blessedly.
- Concierge: Non-existent.
- Daily housekeeping: Yep, they did a cursory once-over.
- Elevator: Yes.
- Food delivery: I can't imagine. Maybe order a pizza?
- Gift/souvenir shop: Haha! No.
- Invoice provided: Yes.
- Ironing service: No.
- Laundry service: I don't want to imagine.
- Luggage storage: Possibly.
- Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events: Maybe if your event is "trying to forget your life choices."
- Safety deposit boxes: Yes.
- Smoking area: Yes, but it looked like the designated sad-sack corner.
- Terrace: There was a small, sad patio area.
- Business facilities, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Doorman, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Ironing service, Meeting stationery, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Seminars, Shrine, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center: I don't think any of those things were available.
For the Kids – Good Luck With That
- Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal: Beyond a slightly-less-stale breakfast pastry, I saw NOTHING for the little ones.
For The Room – The Only Truth
- Bedroom: It wasn't great, but it was clean-ish, at least. Air conditioning was available.
- Bed: The bed was fine, though, I'd rather have my own bed.
- Shower: Shower, small but it works.
- TV: Satellite/cable channels as a distraction.
- Hair dryer: There was a hair dryer, but I'm pretty sure it was older then me.
Getting Around – Hope You Have a Car (And a Sense of Humor)
- Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking: Parking was free. Everything else? Not so much.
Now, For The Anecdotes & Messy Bits!
So, here’s the thing. I booked this place because I needed a break. I needed to escape. And I thought, “Hey, a Motel 6! It's cheap. It’s simple. It’
Escape to Paradise: Coast Tsawwassen Inn Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your grandma's meticulously planned trip. This is… well, this is me, let loose in Hazelwood, Missouri, and trying to make something beautiful out of a Motel 6. Wish me luck, 'cause I'm gonna need it.
The Hazelwood Hustle: A Motel 6 Odyssey (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Carpet Stain)
Day 1: Arrival & The Glorious Mystery of the Elevator
- 3:00 PM - ARRIVAL (Or, the Moment the Soul Dies a Little): Landed at Lambert, grabbed a rental car (a beige…thing…named "Betsy" – I'm already attached), and navigated the highways, which, let's be honest, all look the same after about five minutes. Found Motel 6. It looked…exactly like you'd expect. The sign was lit, at least. That’s a win, I guess? My initial impression was a depressing "meh." BUT, what's this? An elevator! This is a luxury I did not expect. It felt like winning the lottery. Spent about ten minutes riding it up and down. I don't even need the elevator! But, I was just enjoying my time.
- 3:30 PM - The Check-In Gauntlet: The front desk guy looked like he'd seen things. I swear, he had a haunted look in his eyes. Asked if the internet was functional, to which I received a vague "Sometimes." Okay. Noted. Got my key, went to my room.
- 4:00 PM - Room Exploration & The Carpet Conundrum: Okay, room. Queen bed, a decent TV, and… the carpet. Oh, the carpet. It's a swirling kaleidoscope of…well, I don't even want to know what's embedded in it. But hey, at least it's clean-ish. I'm trying to be optimistic. Unpacked, and the existential dread really starts to set in.
- 4:30 PM - Snack Acquisition & The Gas Station Revelation: Needed sustenance. Walked across the parking lot (dodging rogue squirrels) to the gas station. Grabbed a bag of chips (Sour Cream & Onion, the pinnacle of human achievement). The cashier gave me the look. You know the one. Like, “You’re here, aren’t you?” Made some small talk, learned that the best time to buy lottery tickets is…well, any time, apparently.
- 5:00 PM - Room Service (AKA, My Own Cooking): Back in the room, munched on chips, and watched some truly awful daytime television. Comforting, in a way. The TV is the same as it was in 1980. That's nostalgia, right?
- 6:00 PM - The Quest for Dinner (And Maybe Somewhere Less… Sterile): Honestly, this Motel 6 is a bit of a vibe killer. Heading out. Google maps is my compass, hope is my fuel (and that bag of chips, let's be real). Thinking of driving to a nearby restaurant. I’m hoping to find a place with some atmosphere so I'm not bummed out all day.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner & The Unexpected Delight: Stumbled (literally) into a local diner! The place was buzzing, and the food smelled like… happiness! Ordered a burger. It was glorious. Chatting with the waitress, named Deb. She asked me where I was from, I think she’s cool. The burger was so satisfying. This is a welcome surprise.
- 8:30 PM - Evening Entertainment (Or, Staring at the Ceiling Fan): Back at the Motel 6. Decided to watch some TV, failed to make any semblance of a bed. Then, stared at the ceiling fan for a good half hour. Honestly, pretty mesmerizing. My brain is clearly fried.
Day 2: Delving into Hazelwood (Maybe…)"
- 7:00 AM - The Sunrise, and the Coffee-Stained Mug: Woke up. Coffee machine in the room is terrifying. The mug has seen things. Made coffee anyway. It was… coffee-esque.
- 8:00 AM - The Great Breakfast Debate (AKA, What Isn't Gross?): Decided against the continental breakfast (those muffins looked suspect). Scraped up a decent breakfast at a nearby IHOP.
- 9:00 AM - The Hazelwood Scavenger Hunt (If I Can Drag Myself Out of Bed): I have, admittedly, no real plan. Maybe I should wander aimlessly? Attempt to locate a park. Or… maybe just sit in the car and judge the world.
- 10:00 AM - (Attempted) Local Exploration: Tried to find a park. Got lost. Betsy started making a weird noise. Ended up at a strip mall. I saw a Dollar General, which is interesting.
- 11:00 AM - The Deep Dive into the Motel Pool: Decided to hit the pool. No one was there. I am a horrible swimmer, but at least there's nobody to witness my ineptitude. The water was shockingly clean. The sun felt nice. This is the most relaxing thing that has happened today.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch & The Fine Art of People-Watching: Ate a sandwich in the room. Watched people in the parking lot and made up stories about their lives. The sheer mundanity of it all is starting to become… endearing?
- 1:00 PM - The Rest of the Afternoon (Unplanned and Proud): Who knows! I might watch more TV. Call my mom. Stare at the ceiling. The possibilities are LIMITLESS!
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Round 2: Back to that diner. Deb gave me a hug. This is starting to feel like home.
- 8:00 PM - The Last Night: Just… settling in. Embracing the beige. The weird carpet. The elevator. Hazelwood. It's… growing on me. Maybe. In a weird, slightly-unsettling, Motel 6 kind of way.
Day 3: Farewell (and the Lingering Question of the Carpet)
- 9:00 AM - Departure & The Lingering Question: Packed up. Took one last look at the carpet. Still no idea what lurks beneath it. Said goodbye to the elevator.
- 10:00 AM - Betsy's Return & The Road Ahead: Returned Betsy. Got on my next flight.
- Final Thoughts: Hazelwood wasn't glamorous. The Motel 6 wasn't luxurious. But, it was… real. It was a reminder that sometimes, the most interesting adventures are the ones you don't plan, in the places you least expect. Oh, and the food was pretty good.

Escape to Hazelwood: Your Cozy Motel 6 Awaits! ...Okay, Maybe Not *Your* Dream Vacation, But Hey...
So... What *is* Hazelwood, exactly? And is "Escape" really the right word?
What kind of amenities are we talking about here? Free WiFi? A pool? A decent breakfast?
Is it... clean? Like, actually clean? I'm a little germaphobe.
What about the people? Are the staff friendly? Is the neighborhood safe?
Okay, let's cut to the chase: Should I stay here? Seriously?
Okay, I'm in. What's the weirdest thing you've ever seen/heard in Hazelwood?
Are there any good restaurants nearby?


Post a Comment for "Escape to Hazelwood: Your Cozy Motel 6 Awaits!"