
Unbelievable New Orleans Stay: Troubadour Hotel's Secret Revealed!
Unbelievable New Orleans Stay: Troubadour Hotel's Secret Revealed! (Or, My Brain After All That Gumbo)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Troubadour Hotel in New Orleans, and my brain's still marinating in jazz and beignets. “Unbelievable” is kind of an understatement. This place…it's got a vibe, people. A VIBE. And I’m still trying to unpack it, so forgive the occasional brain fart.
SEO & Metadata Rundown (Because I’m a professional, dangit!)
- Keywords: Troubadour Hotel, New Orleans, Hotel Review, Accessibility, Wheelchair Accessible, Spa, Pool, Restaurant, Bar, French Quarter, Safe Travel, Clean Hotel, COVID-19 Safety, Free Wi-Fi, Boutique Hotel, Luxury Hotel, New Orleans Hotels, Travel Guide, Things to do in New Orleans, Best hotels New Orleans, Hotel with pool.
- Meta Description: A detailed and honest review of the Troubadour Hotel in New Orleans, from accessibility to the spa, food, and quirky charm. Get ready for a wild ride through my stay and the secrets revealed! Includes safety protocols, amenities, and the ultimate NOLA experience.
Okay, now that the boring bit is out of the way, let’s get into the juicy stuff.
First Impressions & Location, Location, Location:
The Troubadour. Sounds cool, right? And it is. It's in a surprisingly convenient spot, just a short walk from the French Quarter, but far enough away that you don't feel like you're constantly dodging a sea of selfie sticks. Finding the actual hotel was a small adventure. There was some initial misdirection after getting out of the car. But I eventually found the right way to the front desk. The lobby? Chic, modern, with a bit of that New Orleans "je ne sais quoi" – maybe a hint of voodoo, maybe just the lingering scent of chicory coffee.
Accessibility: The Good, the Almost Perfect
Okay, here’s where I gotta be honest. I didn’t personally use a wheelchair, so my perspective here is limited. But I did take a good look (one of my goals was wheelchair access, and it’s something I look at for my parents). The hotel is equipped with numerous Elevators which I loved. The hotel checked out for Facilities for disabled guests.
- Wheelchair Accessible: I was told the hotel is wheelchair accessible (it had the Elevator. While I didn’t personally roll around, the hallways seemed wide enough, and the rooms I saw looked well-equipped.
- Room Availability: I'm guessing this is important, given the Facilities for disabled guests and Elevator
Rooms: My Sanctuary (and Occasional Chaos)
My room? Clean, comfortable and my room had an Additional toilet which was awesome. I loved the Blackout curtains, because, let's be real, New Orleans is about late nights and even later mornings. The bed? Heavenly. The **Internet access – wireless, Internet access – LAN, ** were seamless. I did have to occasionally unplug to actually, you know, experience New Orleans. This was made easier as the room had Alarm clock, Bathroom phone, Bathrobes, Coffee/tea maker, Desk, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Mini bar, Mirror, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Shower, Slippers, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens.
Cleanliness & Safety: Breathe Easy (Maybe)
This is HUGE these days. The hotel was, shall we say, aggressively clean. I saw evidence of Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, and Staff trained in safety protocol. They also took a lot of Hand sanitizers because I found them everywhere. They even had the option where you could have your room go Room sanitization opt-out available. This was a relief. Look, I’m a germaphobe trapped in a free spirit’s body. These things helped.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Where the Real Fun Started
The Troubadour's got some options. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Restaurants: They had a restaurant that I was able to check out. A la carte in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant
- Snack Bar: Yep. Needed that.
- Bar: Oh, the bar. This is where things get hazy. I had some happy hour deals going on. After the bar, I am also pretty sure I checked out a Poolside bar.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: My Personal Spa Saga
Okay, the spa. This is where I fully, utterly, melted.
- Spa: Yes, and it's absolutely legit. They also have a Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool. I am sad to report that I got the spa treatment.
- Massage: I indulged in a massage. It was, and I say this with no exaggeration, the best massage of my life.
- Fitness Center: I'm not a gym rat, but I peeked. Looked well-equipped.
- Pool with view: The pool was gorgeous, overlooking the city. It was hard not to just sit there and stare.
Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost)
Seriously, from Air conditioning in public area to Luggage storage and Daily housekeeping they were on it. They had the basics such as Currency exchange, and Laundry service. I didn't utilize some of these but, it was thoughtful.
**For the Kids: I'm not a parent, but the hotel is *probably* kid-friendly in some areas. They have, *Family/child friendly, Kids meal, Babysitting service, Kids facilities*
Gripes (Because Perfection is Boring):
- Room Service: Could it be a little faster? Just sayin’. Especially that first morning craving.
- The “Secret”: I'm still waiting for the real secret of the Troubadour. Maybe it's the secret ingredient in their gumbo?
Final Verdict: Go. Just Go.
The Troubadour Hotel blends style, safety, and a touch of New Orleans magic. It’s not just a place to sleep; it’s an experience. A messy, beautiful, unforgettable experience. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. I'm already plotting my return – and maybe this time, I'll find that secret ingredient…and share it!
Escape to Paradise: Luxurious Stay at San Francisco's Best-Kept Secret Hotel
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're heading to New Orleans, and this ain't gonna be some perfectly polished brochure. This is reality, baby. We're talking Troubadour Hotel, Big Easy vibes, and enough shenanigans to make your grandmother clutch her pearls (and maybe secretly wish she was there).
The Great NOLA Adventure (and My Mild Panic Attacks)
Day 1: Arrival and the "OMG I'M ACTUALLY HERE" Syndrome
Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh, the flight. Seriously, who designed airplane seats? They're barely bigger than shoeboxes. Arrived at Louis Armstrong Airport. Grabbed a swampy-feeling Uber to the Troubadour. I was instantly in love. The hotel is cool. Like, "effortlessly cool, I'm a vintage record player in a chic apartment" cool. The lobby had this warm, low-lit vibe, like a jazz club in miniature. Checked in (which, let's be honest, always requires a deep breath and a prayer that my credit card doesn't get declined).
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Room unpacked. That's code for "threw everything onto the bed in a frantic attempt to make it feel like home." The room was small but stylish, perfect for a solo traveler who talks to themselves a lot (that's me!). Forced myself to take a shower – the hotel toiletries were heavenly, smelled like something I'd sell my kidney for.
Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM): Okay, this is where the plan went sideways (already!). I was supposed to go to that famous Cafe Du Monde for beignets. But I was paralyzed by the FOMO over everything and the realization that I was actually in New Orleans. So, I ended up at a tiny deli around the corner for a sandwich. Delicious, but… not beignets. Regret intensifies.
Afternoon (1:30 PM - 5:00 PM): Wandered the French Quarter. Holy moly, the architecture! I spent at least an hour gawking at the ironwork balconies. I found myself at Jackson Square, a bit overwhelmed by the crowds, but still feeling some awe. Saw a street musician killin' it on the saxophone, and it was pure New Orleans magic. Bought a cheap, totally touristy mask. Don't judge me.
Evening (5:00 PM - Onward): Dinner at a place called "Cochon Butcher" (recommended by a friend). The food was… well, let's just say I'm pretty sure I ate half a pig. Everything was rich, flavorful, and completely worth the impending food coma. Afterwards, stumbled into Fritzel's European Jazz Pub. The music was incredible, the atmosphere was electric, and I may or may not have attempted a clumsy two-step. (I definitely did). Bedtime was…late.
Day 2: Cemetery Crawls and Culinary Chaos
Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Okay, finally beignets and coffee at Cafe Du Monde. The line was ridiculously long, but worth it. These fluffy, powdered sugar pillows were better than therapy. Sat there, people-watching and feeling like a queen. The city was starting to feel like home.
Mid-Morning (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Haunted Cemetery Tour. Now, I was slightly skeptical, but it was actually fascinating. The history of New Orleans is so rich, and the stories about Marie Laveau and the other legends were captivating. The guide was this eccentric old woman who clearly loved her job and the city. (I'd pay money to know more about her). The cemetery's peaceful. Strange.
Lunch (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM): Okay, this is where I messed up. I was supposed to get a Po' Boy. But I saw a gelato shop and my brain short-circuited. Gelato it was! Delicious, but not authentically NOLA. Lesson learned: Stick. To. The. Plan. (Unless gelato).
Afternoon (3:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Wandering the streets again. Went to Magazine Street. Antique shops, boutiques, and art galleries everywhere. Bought some funky jewelry, because, well, why not? The constant buzz of the city was hypnotic. Stopped off at a bar for a Hurricane and a moment of people-watching.
Evening (6:00 PM - 10:00 PM): This is where the adventure really began. Dinner at "Commander's Palace". This was the big splurge. The reservation was hard to get (and I even felt like I was going to mess up my reservation), but it was an experience. The service was impeccable, the food was out-of-this-world delicious, and I swear I almost tripped on my own feet when I went to the bathroom). The atmosphere was elegant and lively. Had cocktails after dinner. Left feeling a little tipsy and like I had lived a movie, really..
Late Night (10:00 PM - Whenever): Attempted to find live music in the French Quarter again. It was packed. Gave up and went for a late-night walk. The city was alive with music, laughter, and the sweet smell of… well, New Orleans. Wandered back to the hotel, feeling absolutely elated.
Day 3: Goodbye, Big Easy (Sob!)
Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Final breakfast at the hotel. It was simple, but the coffee was strong, and I needed that. Tried to savor every moment. Last minute packing.
Mid-Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): One last walk along the Mississippi River. Watched the paddleboats, imagining myself as some glamorous riverboat queen. The air was thick with humidity and the promise of something magical.
Lunch (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Found a hole-in-the-wall place for a proper Po' Boy. Success! Best sandwich of my life.
Afternoon (12:00 PM - 2:00 PM): Final souvenir shopping. More masks, a t-shirt covered in glitter, and a bag of coffee.
Afternoon (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Checked out of the hotel. Reluctantly. Every inch of this was so enjoyable. Uber to the airport. My heart felt heavy.
Departure: Goodbye, New Orleans! I'm already planning my return.
Final Thoughts (and Absolutely No Promises)
This was an absolutely messy, wonderful, and often chaotic trip. I didn't stick to the "plan" (thank god!), I got lost, I wandered aimlessly, I ate way too much, and I left a piece of my heart in that crazy, intoxicating city. The Troubadour Hotel was the perfect home base. If you ever go, go. And let me just tell you, you're going to be forever changed…or at least crave beignets for the rest of your life.
P.S. I’m probably going to write a book about this… eventually.
Bismarck's BEST Hotel? Fairfield Inn & Suites South Bismarck Review!
Okay, spill the beans! What's the "Troubadour Hotel's Secret" everyone's buzzing about?
Alright, alright, buckle up buttercups. The *real* secret? It's not some hidden speakeasy (although, let's be honest, that'd be *amazing*). It's the **vibe**. Seriously. It's that intangible something that makes you feel like you've wandered into a Wes Anderson film crossed with a New Orleans jazz funeral. And the secret ingredient? They *get* you. They just *get* the whole "NOLA experience" thing. From the staff who are genuinely friendly (not that fake "customer service" friendly, but like, *actually* friendly kinda friendly) to the little details… like the art, the record player in the lobby with an amazing collection, the rooftop bar... Oh, and the fact that it's nestled in the middle of the action but feels like your own little world. Trust me, it’s less a secret and more a... feeling. A very, very good feeling.
Is the Troubadour really as "hip" as it seems in the Instagram photos?
Ugh, Instagram. The bane of my existence and the reason I booked the hotel in the first place. Yes, it *is* hip. But **not** in that soul-sucking, try-hard, "look at my avocado toast" kind of way. It's effortlessly cool. Think vintage furniture juxtaposed with modern art, a rooftop with a killer view (more on that later!), and a lobby that *actually* encourages lingering. I saw a dude playing chess one afternoon. With a *real* chessboard. Not a digital one. And he wasn't even trying to look cool. He just *was*. The best kind of hip, right? Although, if you're looking for something that's not necessarily that hip, that's also ok. There's always something that satisfies your taste!
Let's talk location. How close are you to, you know, the *good stuff* – French Quarter, Bourbon Street, etc.?
Okay, the location is pretty much bang-on perfect. You're a short walk to the French Quarter – which, yes, means Bourbon Street is easily accessible. Look, I *highly* recommend experiencing Bourbon Street (once). Just… brace yourself. Let's say I have some stories, involving beads, questionable decisions, and a very strong desire for a late-night slice of pizza. But the hotel itself? It’s far enough away to escape the madness, which is a godsend, especially after a night of… *ahem*… research. You can easily walk or grab a quick Uber to just about anywhere you'd want to go. This is a massive win, trust me. Saves you a fortune on cabs and keeps you sane.
What about the rooms? Are they as stylish as the lobby?
Yeah, the rooms are pretty damn stylish. But… and here’s my only slight gripe... they’re *not* huge. Remember, this isn’t the Ritz-Carlton. It's a boutique hotel. You've got a really comfy bed, decent storage, fantastic toiletries (I hoard the little bottles, don’t judge), and the decor is on point. Think exposed brick, cool artwork, and a general feeling of "I could totally live here… if I didn’t have to pay rent." The first room I got was a little small, but I did enjoy the aesthetic of it. My friend and I asked for another room and they really delivered! So, a solid score in my book. Just manage your expectations if you're used to sprawling suites.
Okay, rooftop bar. Tell me *everything*. Is it as good as it looks in the photos?
OH. MY. GOD. The rooftop bar. Okay, deep breaths. It's called "The Monkey Bar" and it's… it's like a dream. Seriously. The views are ridiculous – panoramic, you know? You're practically eye-level with the skyscrapers. And the cocktails? Forget about it. Delicious, potent, and served with a smile. The first time I went up there… well, let's just say my memory of the night is a little hazy but I do remember a lot of laughs and a *spectacular* sunset. It's the perfect place to start your night, end your night, or just spend the entire afternoon. Pro tip: get there early to snag a good spot, because it fills up fast. And, uh, maybe pace yourself with the cocktails. Seriously. Learn from my mistakes.
The service! Is it actually good, or just "fake friendly"?
Alright, so the service at the Troubadour? Phenomenal. It’s the kind of service where they actually *listen* to you. Seriously. I had a small issue with my room (the AC was a little wonky), and it was fixed within minutes. The staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and they genuinely seem to care about your experience. They'll offer recommendations, answer your questions, and they’re not afraid to have a little banter. It's the little things, you know? The genuine smiles, the willingness to help, the feeling that they actually *want* you to have a good time. That goes a long way when you're far from home. It wasn't perfect - I think I got the wrong order one time for breakfast - but I don't think it was a big deal.
Any downsides? Be brutally honest. Nobody's perfect!
Okay, brutally honest time. The biggest downside? The rooms aren't massive (already mentioned that, probably). The elevators can be a *little* slow during peak times. And, ok, I'm being nitpicky, but the breakfast options are a little… limited. But honestly? These are TINY things. You're not going to be spending your entire vacation in your room, anyway. The slow elevators? It gives you more time to people-watch. The limited breakfast? Hello, New Orleans! You're surrounded by the best food in the world. Go explore! And I do think the bathroom could be a little bigger...
Would you stay there again? Seriously. Would you?
Absolutely. Without a doubt. Yes. A thousand times yes. I'm already planning my return trip. In fact, I'm tempted to book it right now. The Troubadour isn't just a hotel; it's an experience. It’s a mood. It’s the kind of place that makes you want to slow down, soak up the atmosphere, and maybe… just maybe… discover your own little secret while you're there. Go. Just go. You won't regret it. Just don’t take my spot at the rooftop bar. Okay, I regret saying that, but it's true!


Post a Comment for "Unbelievable New Orleans Stay: Troubadour Hotel's Secret Revealed!"