Omaha's Hidden Gem: Downtown Luxury at Residence Inn!

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Omaha's Hidden Gem: Downtown Luxury at Residence Inn!

Omaha's Dirty Little Secret (That's Actually a Luxurious Dream): A Raucous Review of the Residence Inn Downtown Omaha

Okay, listen up, folks. Forget the chain hotel cynicism for a minute. Seriously. I just emerged from a stay at the Residence Inn Downtown Omaha, and I'm still shaking the city dust off my boots. And let me tell you, this place is… well, it's more than just "nice." It's a glorious, slightly chaotic blend of luxury and comfort that left me seriously considering moving in and becoming a professional room-service connoisseur. (More on that later.)

SEO & Metadata (because, you know, the internet demands it!):

  • Keywords: Residence Inn Omaha, Downtown Omaha Hotels, Luxury Hotels Omaha, Wheelchair Accessible Omaha, Family Friendly Hotels Omaha, Spa Hotels Omaha, Free Wi-Fi, Omaha Hotels, Pet-Friendly Hotels Omaha (even though they say pets aren't allowed, read on!), Omaha City Center Hotel, Accessible Hotels, Breakfast Included Omaha, Gym Hotel Omaha, Pool Hotel Omaha, Conference Hotels Omaha, Event Venues Omaha, [and I'll add some more in the editing phase as I remember… like "Best Hotel Omaha" and "Omaha Date Night Hotels" because trust me…].

  • Metadata: Title: Omaha's Hidden Gem: A Review of Residence Inn Downtown (Accessibility, Luxury, and Real-Life Shenanigans!) Description: Honest and hilarious review of the Residence Inn Downtown Omaha. Accessibility, amazing breakfast, spa, and everything in between. Plus my personal adventures! Authors: [Your Name or Username here]

First Impressions (and a Bit of a Rant, Naturally):

Pulling up to the Residence Inn, I have admit, my initial thought was underwhelming. It's a modern building, sleek but not exactly dripping with personality from outside. But step inside, and BAM! The lobby hit me with the combined force of a well-designed Pinterest board and a delicious aroma of… well, everything good in the world. The check-in process was unbelievably smooth, practically a contactless dream. (Thank you, technology gods!)

Accessibility: A Shout-Out to the Heroes!

Okay, let's get real. Accessibility is huge for me. And the Residence Inn? They get it. From the wide hallways to thoughtfully designed rooms; the accessible rooms were, well, accessible. The bathrooms were spacious, the grab bars were perfectly placed, and I didn't feel like I was navigating a maze. Huge props to them because this isn't always the case, let's be honest. And they have elevators! (Not a given for a hotel in this century, surprisingly.)

Rooms: My Fortress of Comfort (and Snack Addiction)

My room was practically a miniature apartment, which is fantastic when your stay is anything longer than a night. The decor was modern, clean, and surprisingly calming. The blackout curtains were a lifesaver, because, let’s be honest, I went in there to sleep, and I did it well. The bed was ridiculously comfortable. And the mini-bar was stocked, which I fully appreciated. (Okay, maybe it wasn’t completely stocked. I may, or may not, have raided the complimentary bottled water supply. Multiple times. Don't judge me.)

I was thrilled to discover free Wi-Fi, which is a MUST, and the desk area was perfect for those inevitable late-night work sessions fueled by… well, let's just say room service again. The safe box for belongings, the hair dryer, and all the little touches made it feel genuinely luxurious. I was able to enjoy Satellite/Cable Channels because let's be real, I'm a sucker for a good TV show at night.

But here's my confession: I spent a solid hour just testing out the bathtub. And it was glorious. I was able to enjoy a long, hot bath. There were Linens and Towels that felt nice and soft. And it was private.

Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Hiccup):

Okay, the breakfast. The breakfast buffet was a revelation. I’m not talking about the sad continental breakfasts of my Motel 6 past. This was legit! Fresh fruit, waffles, omelets cooked to order, and enough coffee to fuel a small army. I was pleased to see Breakfast service was available and Breakfast [buffet] too.

Regarding food choices, I am a vegetarian, and I was pleased to see a vegetarian restaurant that offered Asian cuisine in restaurant with Asian breakfast. As well as a Western breakfast being available.

And the room service? Oh my god, the room service. The 24-hour service was a weakness. Late night cravings? Solved. Feeling lazy? Solved. The food was actually good which is a rarity. I ordered a salad, a soup, and some desserts because why not, I was there. And the bottle of water was much appreciated.

Things to Do (or, How I Managed to NOT Leave the Hotel):

The fitness center was well-equipped. I attempted one workout to feel less guilty about the room-service indulgences. The indoor venue for special events and access to Wi-Fi for special events looked nice. There's a swimming pool (outdoor), and the poolside bar was enticing, though I didn’t get around to using it. I did have to deal with the smoke alarms going off at 3 am, I'll admit that was a slight negative.

A Bit of Drama (Because Life is Unpredictable):

The only real hiccup? (And it's not a big one) The elevators can occasionally be backed up, especially during peak times. It's a minor inconvenience, nothing to write home about.

The Staff: Above and Beyond!

The staff. Seriously, these people deserve a medal. From the front desk to the housekeeping, everyone was friendly, helpful, and seemed genuinely invested in making my stay amazing. They remembered my name (which is slightly terrifying but also kind of impressive).

Safety First (Mostly):

I felt extremely safe. The CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property are a good sign. The 24-hour front desk and security give you a peace of mind.

Hidden Gems & Random Observations:

  • The "Hidden Gem" bit? The hotel itself is the gem and the overall stay is the prize.
  • The pool with a view is pretty awesome. It does come with a small caveat.
  • I briefly considered spending the night in the sauna, but I couldn't find where it was.
  • The hotel is near a few attractions. This is perfect for those visiting For the kids, with babysitting service and Family/child friendly options.

The Verdict: Go. Seriously. Go.

The Residence Inn Downtown Omaha isn’t just a hotel; it's an experience. It's a chance to pamper yourself, to relax, and to momentarily forget the chaos of the outside world. Yes, there might be a slight wait for the elevator, but the overall experience of comfort, accessibility, and service more than makes up for it. I walked out feeling refreshed, recharged, and already plotting my return. This is my new favorite place in Omaha. Period.

Staunton's Best Kept Secret: Motel 6 - Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my messy, opinionated, wonderfully chaotic take on a trip to Omaha, based out of that Residence Inn in the Old Market. Hold on tight, because it’s going to be bumpy.

Omaha: My Brain Dump of a Trip (Residence Inn as My Humble Abode)

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of Travel (… and a Killer Burger)

  • Afternoon (God, I hate flying): Land! Ugh. Airports. The germ factories of the free world. Found my luggage (miracle!), grabbed a slightly overpriced Uber (surge pricing… the bane of my existence) and finally, FINALLY, I'm at the Residence Inn. It looks blessedly normal. Checking in felt like a victory. I almost forgot I was a grown-up with responsibilities. (Almost.)
  • The Room Revelation: Okay, the room is… fine. Standard Residence Inn. King bed. Couch. Mini-kitchen, because I'm sure I'll be cooking gourmet meals during this trip (spoiler alert: I won't). Feeling a little deflated, because the airport gave me flashbacks to high school, but hey, at least there's a fridge for the beer.
  • Evening (The Burger Savior): Ok, gotta find some food. I'm ravenous after that dreaded flight. Flew By Night (near South 20th Street & Leavenworth St)? sounds intriguing, but something about the name gave me the creeps. Thankfully, stumbled into The Burger Parlor. Holy moly, this burger… pure, unadulterated, greasy bliss. Ate so fast, I almost forgot to savor it. Probably inhaled it, actually. This burger alone made the whole trip worthwhile. Seriously. Maybe I should order another. Temptation rising…
  • Post-Burger Stroll (and Existential Musings): Walked around the Old Market. Brick streets! Pretty buildings! Tourists! I'm a tourist! Sat on a bench and people watched, which is either charming or creepy, depending on who you ask (and what I'm thinking). Got a little existential about the meaning of life… all triggered by a particularly grumpy looking pigeon. Decided the answer was probably more burgers.

Day 2: Culture Shock, Coffee, and the True Meaning of Tourist Traps

  • Morning (Coffee and Confusion): Free Breakfast at the Residence Inn? Okay, I'm in. Woke up and I found waffles! I love waffles! Was it the best coffee in the world? Nope. Drinkable. Coffee is coffee. Walked the old market. The architecture is pretty cool.
  • Mid-Morning (The Art Museum… or What Was I Thinking?): Dragged myself to the Joslyn Art Museum. I'm not gonna lie, I was hoping to find something to get me through the day. The building itself is beautiful, marble everywhere! Spent an hour trying to understand modern art. Found myself mostly staring at a canvas, trying to decipher its hidden meaning… which, after a while, felt a lot like staring at a blank space. Wandered around, feeling slightly inadequate.
  • Lunch (The Quest for Authentic): Desperate for a proper lunch, and wanted something local, not just another chain restaurant. Yelp called me out. Ended up at a place recommended by the hotel staff called Block 16. I'm a sucker for fancy french fries. They were okay! Felt a bit like I was trying too hard to be a foodie.
  • Afternoon (The Tourist Trap Temptation): Okay, I surrendered. Went to The Old Market Candy Shop. It was exactly what you'd expect – overpriced taffy and an overwhelming sugar rush. But fine. It was fun for a minute.
  • Evening (A Dark Turn): Watched a movie in the room. Felt a weird sense of loneliness. Maybe I needed some company. The movie was a dud.

Day 3: The Zoo! Beer! And a Sudden Craving for… Home?

  • Morning (Zoo Day, Let's Go!): Ok, I'm doing this. The Henry Doorly Zoo! I told myself I wasn't going to be one of those tourists, but here I am. The indoor rainforest was incredible. The polar bears? Majestic. The kids running around screaming? Less majestic, but hey, they're having fun. I spent way too long watching the orangutans (they seemed to get me.)
  • Mid-Day (Beer, Glorious Beer): Spent the afternoon sampling local brews at Upstream Brewing Company. The beer was… satisfying. Good. The outdoor area was great. Felt a little like I actually relaxed for the first time on this trip.
  • Afternoon (The Longing for Home): Hit me like a ton of bricks. The Zoo brought it out. It's not even a bad trip! But, the thought of my cozy couch, my dog, and my own bed (which is far better than this Residence Inn one) started sounding real nice. Called my partner. Instant relief.
  • Evening (The Last Supper… Burger Edition?): Decided to go back to The Burger Parlor. Comfort food. Simple. Perfect. (Yes, again. Don't judge.)

Day 4: Packing, Leaving, and the Inevitable… Post-Trip Blues

  • Morning (Packing and Regret): Woke up, feeling slightly un-enthusiastic to leave. Packing is always a pain. Why do I always bring too much?
  • Departure (The Flight): Actually, the flight wasn't too bad. No screaming babies (miracle!).
  • Post-Trip… Blues: The aftermath. Back home! The dog looked at me like I'd been gone for a year. Laundry. The endless cycle of returning to the real world. So, Omaha, you were…interesting. Pretty sure I ate my weight in burgers. Would I go back? Maybe. But for now, I'm happy to be home.

Final Thoughts:

This trip wasn't perfect. It was a bit messy, a bit lonely, and I definitely overindulged in burgers. But it was real. And that's kind of what I loved about it. Omaha, you're weird, and that’s why I'm glad I visited.

Kimball, NE Getaway: Unbeatable Deals at Super 8!

Book Now

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States```html

Okay, spill the beans: Is this Residence Inn really a "hidden gem" in downtown Omaha, or just fancy marketing fluff?

Alright, alright, hold your horses! "Hidden gem" is a *strong* statement. And honestly? It depends on your definition of "gem." Look, it's downtown Omaha. You're not stumbling upon a secret, forgotten oasis of tranquility in a sandstorm, okay? But... here's the thing: I stayed there last month. My wife, bless her heart, thought she'd booked us into a *different* Residence Inn (the one with the pool that looks WAY better online -- those marketing people are wizards!). So, immediate wife-induced grumbling was my first impression. Like, "honey, this isn't the one with the *water slide*...?" (We'll get to the pool later, because let's be real, that's the *real* hidden gem *we* found... or didn't find...). BUT. After a slightly awkward "I'm-not-impressed-yet" elevator ride, and a surprisingly lovely room (seriously, the view was great, better than some hotels MUCH pricier) it started to win us over. So... gem-adjacent? Definitely worth considering, especially if you actually *like* being downtown. And maybe need a kitchen. (more on that below)

What's the deal with those supposedly "spacious suites"? Do they actually *feel* spacious, or is it just another hotel trick?

Okay, here's where it gets interesting. "Spacious" is relative, right? Compared to a shoebox room in Manhattan? Absolutely! My wife and I basically just unpack and then try to get out of the room as fast as possible. We aren't good at staying in, but this room actually gave us the space and the idea that we could. I mean, there's a separate living area! Like, *actual* separate. Not the "let's-put-a-tv-in-the-corner-of-the-bedroom-and-call-it-living-space" nonsense. Kitchens are in there too, full-sized everything. It was great. At least, I think so. My wife would be better at remembering the specific layout, I was still looking a water slide.

Is the free breakfast actually edible? Because let's be honest, hotel breakfasts can be a gamble.

The breakfast... hmm. Okay. Let's go back to the pool! That was the "water slide" moment. I was able to convince myself to stay. You know what I always say: you can't expect a five-star dining experience at a free hotel breakfast. However, it wasn't *horrendous*. Definitely edible. There was a make your own waffle station. And, I'm not going to lie, I might have eaten three waffles. *Three*. (Don't judge me, I had a long day of doing nothing planned.) They had the usual suspects -- scrambled eggs (questionable provenance), rubbery sausage, the ubiquitous bagels... But the coffee was decent, and the waffle situation was a *win*. So, overall... not gourmet, but definitely a step up from the powdered eggs of some places. Basically, it'll fill you up before you venture out and find REAL food.

Speaking of food, can I actually *cook* in those supposed kitchenettes? Or are they glorified microwave stations?

No, no, NO to microwave stations! YES to actual kitchens! Look, I didn't *personally* cook a Michelin-star meal, but the kitchenettes had (wait for it, I'm getting excited again!) a full-sized refrigerator, a stovetop, and a dishwasher! My wife loves this. She actually brought a bag of groceries and made us some actual meals during our stay. This is a HUGE deal. I felt like a real adult. She kept saying how much it saved us money and how convenient it was, especially with those stupidly small snacks or the late night cravings. Listen, if you want to avoid the chaos of constantly eating out, or if, you know, you have dietary restrictions or just want the option of a real breakfast, go for it! You could *totally* cook a whole meal in there. Maybe not a Thanksgiving dinner (though, ambitious!), but definitely more than just nuking a TV dinner. The only thing I'd say is: *bring your own spices*. They usually have some basic stuff, but...yeah, bring your own.

Location, location, location! Is this Residence Inn actually *in* a good part of downtown, or is it more like "slightly-less-sketchy-than-that-alleyway-over-there"?

Okay, the location... it's GREAT, actually. Right in the thick of things. You're close to everything. You exit the hotel and there is a whole world of restaurants, shops, and entertainment options just a few steps away. The Old Market is a short, pleasant walk. Seriously, it's *convenient*. I really liked that I could just pop out for lunch, walk back and relax, then head out again for dinner. I love that. Very few hotels get this right. You're not going to feel isolated. It's a walkable location, which is a big plus. You'll *definitely* find something to do.

What about the amenities? Any hidden gems *there* besides the water slide I've now accepted isn't real?

Alright, alright, the amenities... so, no water slide. (I'm still a little bitter.) They have a gym. I briefly glanced at it. Looked like a gym. They had a pool. Okay, the pool... it was *fine*. Maybe a little small, a little crowded at times. But clean, and it was nice for a dip after a long day walking around downtown. Free Wi-Fi, of course. They had a decent lobby with a little area to sit and work... that, admittedly, I didn't use, because, vacation. There's a little market where you can buy snacks and drinks, which is handy. Honestly, the "hidden gem" here is the location, and the kitchen. I didn't go in expecting much beyond a place to plop my bag down, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Parking? Because let's face it, downtown parking can be a nightmare.

Parking... yes, good question. Downtown parking *is* a nightmare. They have parking, thank goodness. It wasn't free, but it wasn't insane either. Definitely check the current rates when you book, because those things always fluctuate. The most important thing is that it's *available*. Having parking at the hotel is a massive stress reliever. You don't want to spend half your trip circling the block looking for a spot. So, yes, parking. Not free. But available. I mean, I didn't get towed!

Digital Nomad Hotels

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area Omaha (NE) United States

Post a Comment for "Omaha's Hidden Gem: Downtown Luxury at Residence Inn!"