Kendall Hotel Cambridge: Luxury Awaits in Historic Charm!

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

Kendall Hotel Cambridge: Luxury Awaits in Historic Charm!

Kendall Hotel Cambridge: Historic Charm…And a Few Quirks

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your average fawning hotel review. This is real life, folks. We’re diving headfirst into the cobblestone streets and Victorian vibes of the Kendall Hotel in Cambridge, a place promising “luxury awaits” and a historical experience. Did it deliver? Well, let's just say it was a rollercoaster of slightly wonky elegance.

First Impressions & Accessibility (or Lack Thereof… A Bit)

The hotel looks stunning from the outside. Brick, ivy, a charming, if slightly intimidating, facade. Getting there? Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. We utilized the airport transfer (thank goodness!), and the car park [on-site] boasts that glorious "free of charge" sign. However, the "luxury" spiel hit a snag immediately: Accessibility isn't exactly top-tier. While they claim "Facilities for disabled guests", I didn’t see much to speak of in the way of ramps or widely spaced doors in the public areas. This is a historic building, after all, and that's the trade-off.

Checking-In & Feeling Safe (Mostly)

Check-in/out [express], thankfully! The front desk staff were friendly, efficient, and masked up – good sign in these COVID times (staff trained in safety protocol, hand sanitizer everywhere). They offer Contactless check-in/out too. Inside, the CCTV in common areas and CCTV outside property made me feel reasonably secure. The 24-hour front desk and Security [24-hour] added to the peace of mind. Fire extinguisher, smoke alarms – the basics are covered.

The Room: A Tale of Two Worlds (And Fluffy Slippers)

We got a room. The room! Okay, let's be honest, it was pretty damn nice. The blackout curtains were a godsend after a long flight. Air conditioning blasting, sweet relief. Wi-Fi [free] worked like a charm (Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, finally!). The bathrobes were plush, almost comically so, and of course, slippers! (I may or may not have worn them to the lobby…).

There were a few niggles. My partner’s alarm clock decided it wanted to go rogue at 3 AM. Hair dryer was a bit…weak. But honestly, the complimentary bottled water, the coffee/tea maker (essential!), and the general feeling of being transported to a bygone era more than made up for the minor flaws. The extra long bed was glorious. It also had satellite/cable channels, which I never bothered with. Netflix and chill, baby!

**The bathroom, a surprisingly large space, had a *separate shower/bathtub* and was clean, but a bit…under-lit. I mean, I like to see what I’m doing when I'm scrubbing, you know? It did have little touches like toiletries and towels that made everything comfortable.

Dining: From Asian to Western… With a Dash of "Meh"

Okay, this is where the Kendall Hotel gets a little… complicated. The restaurants are present and accounted for – in the form of several places. The Breakfast [buffet], however… Let's just say the buffet was…limited. No real Asian cuisine (that I saw anyway) No great Asian breakfast. You got your standard fare with Western breakfast items. In a city like Cambridge, though? I was left a little wanting. A la carte in restaurant options were available, but I didn't partake. The happy hour at the bar was great, though (poolside bar as well!), and the drinks were strong. The coffee shop was a lifesaver for those caffeine cravings, and they had a few desserts. Room service [24-hour] was a nice option to have, although I didn’t try it. Bottle of water was freely available though, good for a late night thirst.

Ways to Relax: Where the Kendall Shines (Or Doesn’t)

Okay, here's where the Kendall Hotel really shines in some parts. The Pool with view? Nope. No pool. I'm not sure where that got added to this list but there’s definitely no pool. Sigh. The gym/fitness center was well-equipped, perfect for a quick workout.

They have a Spa, but it wasn't really a full-blown wellness experience. I didn't find any of the other spa treatments or services listed, like Body scrub,Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa/sauna, or Steamroom available. Sadly for a hotel claiming Luxury, the spa was not much of a focus.

Cleanliness and Safety: A Respectful Effort

During the pandemic, I felt they were responsible and doing their best to be safe. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Room sanitization opt-out available were all positive signs. They were trying, and I’m sure the staff trained in safety protocol was following the new rules!

Services and Conveniences: The Usual, With a Few Extras

The usual suspects are present and accounted for – Daily housekeeping, Laundry service, Dry cleaning, Concierge (super helpful, actually!), Luggage storage, and a gift shop. Cash withdrawal was simple, but the Currency exchange was not.

For the Kids:

I didn't have any kids with me, which is why I don't know much about this section. Based on my experience, I can’t give a proper rating and I really haven’t got much to say on this subject.

The Verdict: Historic Charm with a Pinch of Imperfection

The Kendall Hotel is a solid choice if you're looking for a historic Cambridge experience. It’s charming, in a slightly wonky way, with comfortable rooms and a decent location. Just don't expect a flawless, luxurious experience. Embrace the slightly eccentric vibes, the occasional hiccup, and the overall sense of being transported back in time. It has a few rough patches but the good outweighs the bad. I'm giving it a solid 3.5 out of 5 stars. Would I stay again? Absolutely. But I'd pack my own alarm clock… and maybe a better hairdryer.

Unbelievable Helena, MT Getaway: Super 8 Wyndham Review!

Book Now

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

Alright, alright, here we go. My attempt to wrestle a travel itinerary into something… well, something resembling reality. This ain't your glossy magazine, folks. This is me, wrestling myself through a stay at that lovely, quirky Kendall Hotel in Cambridge, MA, and trying not to lose my mind in the process. Grab a coffee, you'll need it.

The Kendall Hotel: A Human's Guide to Not Totally Imploding (Cambridge, MA)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Breakfast Scramble (aka I Almost Starved)

  • 1:00 PM: Debarkation and Dread: Arrive at Logan Airport. Ugh. Airports. The smell of stale coffee and manufactured optimism. The sheer volume of wheeled luggage giving me anxiety sweats. Find the "T" -- the subway -- and pray I'm going in the right direction. My Google Maps is already plotting a mutiny.
  • 2:30 PM: Kendall Hotel – The Glimmer of Hope: Check into the Kendall. Oh! Actually, this is nice. Victorian charm, a cozy lobby with a fireplace (because Boston). My room’s tiny, but charmingly so, you could practically reach into the hall from your bed… which is probably a fire hazard. But hey, location, location, location.
  • 3:00 PM: The Great Cambridge Hunt Begins: Okay, gotta hit the ground running. Head out to find the hotel's supposed "complimentary" coffee and pastries. Turns out, the "complimentary" part only extends to a sad selection of stale muffins and lukewarm coffee. Great. Note to self: Pack emergency snacks.
  • 4:00 PM: MIT Exploration: Wandering around MIT. So. Much. Genius. I swear, I felt my IQ drop just standing there. People are zooming around on bikes, muttering equations, and generally looking like they're five steps ahead of me in the space-time continuum. Seriously, where does one even begin to understand quantum physics? I just wandered around, slightly intimidated, and feeling very, very un-smart.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner Debacle: Dinner time. Tried to be fancy. Went to a highly-rated restaurant in Inman Square, got stuck outside in the cold, got a table, ordered food and had to wait 2 hours, the food was overly salted, and I spent the entire time trying not to spill my red wine on my white shirt (a losing battle, tbh). Ended up eating half my meal, because the wait made me so hangry that I was already past the enjoyment phase.
  • 9:00 PM: Early Bedtime: Back at the hotel; I am done with social interaction, I want sleep and a good book. Good night world.

Day 2: The Red Line Rage and the Harvard Hustle (and My Coffee Addiction Grows)

  • 7:00 AM: Breakfast Redemption…? (Maybe?) Head back to the breakfast area in the morning, and the same stale pastries stare back at me. This isn't the kind of breakfast I crave, so I decide to go on the hunt for real sustenance. Grab a coffee from the little shop up the road because, caffeine is my new religion.
  • 8:00 AM: Harvard Square Havoc: Oh, Harvard Square. Tourists EVERYWHERE. The cacophony of languages, the street performers, the overwhelming sense of "I'm not cool enough to be here" is real. But, I force myself to join the throng. Walk around Harvard Yard and get a picture in front of a statue.
  • 9:30 AM: The Harvard Bookstore: I'm an avid reader, books are a must…spent over two hours in the Harvard Bookstore. I got lost in the endless shelves and the enticing scent of old paper. Found a few treasures (because who can resist a good book?). My wallet is now crying.
  • 12:00 PM: Brunch Bonanza: Found a cute little brunch spot nearby. Pancakes, bacon, the works. Felt like a human again.
  • 1:30 PM: Back to the Room: Headed back to the hotel room, and I had to stop myself from falling in the bed and getting to sleep.
  • 2:30 PM: The Kendall, again: I spent the afternoon trying to work and getting distracted by everything. This is my life.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a Dive: Found a local dive bar down the road. Cheap food, good beer, and a comfortable quiet. Thank God for dive bars. Sometimes you just need a burger and a place to breathe.
  • 8:00 PM: Back to the Bed: The bed is calling my name, time to hibernate.

Day 3: Farewell to the Charm (and the Crumby Breakfasts)

  • 7:00 AM: Final Breakfast Showdown: One last attempt at the "complimentary" breakfast. The muffins are somehow even staler. I’ll probably be haunted by muffins for weeks.
  • 8:00 AM: Cambridge Farewell: Checked out of the Kendall. A bittersweet moment. Happy to leave the breakfast offerings behind, but sad to leave the charm of the hotel. The hotel staff were genuinely lovely (except for maybe the muffin suppliers).
  • 9:00 AM: Quick Bookstore Stop, Again: Can't resist one last bookstore crawl. I'm sure the booksellers are judging me at this point.
  • 10:00 AM: Logan Departure: Airport, here I come. The "T" ride to the airport was uneventful (thank goodness). Boston's a blast; but for now, I'm done.

Reflections and Random Thoughts:

  • The Kendall: Overall, I loved it, especially the location. It's perfect for exploring Cambridge. The room was small, but it was clean, and the staff were really helpful. I would stay again, but I'd definitely BYOM (Bring Your Own Muffins).
  • The Pace: I did too much. Again. Always. Must. Learn. To. Relax. More.
  • The Food: I can't even comprehend why I thought the fancy restaurant was a good idea on night one. Sometimes you just need a greasy burger.
  • The Emotional Rollercoaster: I felt a range of emotions. Excitement, intimidation, joy, and sheer, utter exhaustion. That's what makes travel real, right?
  • The Memory: This will be a trip I'll never forget. And that's what truly matters.

Okay, that's it. Don't judge me too harshly. Travel is messy, life is messy, and this itinerary, well, it's a little bit of both. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to find a really, really good coffee.

Eugene's BEST Hotel Near the University: Maverick Hotel Review!

Book Now

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States```html

So, You're Thinking About the Kendall Hotel? Buckle Up, Buttercup.

Is the Kendall Hotel actually...luxury? 'Cause the promo pics look pretty...fancy.

Okay, let's be real. "Luxury" is thrown around more than a used beach ball. The Kendall? Yeah, it's *nice*. Think "charmingly appointed Victorian" rather than "palace fit for a pre-Kardashian wedding." The rooms are comfy, the beds are… well, I slept like a baby, which is saying something considering I was wrestling with jet lag and a serious craving for a Dunkin' iced coffee. The little touches, like the complimentary water bottles and the ridiculously fluffy towels, are appreciated. But is it the kind of place where they'd have someone unpack your bags and iron your socks? Nah. Don't get your hopes *too* high. Unless you're REALLY into a good iron in your socks. Then, maybe.

That lighthouse... it's *really* a lighthouse, right? Like, does it actually *light*?

The lighthouse? Oh, that's the star. It's what drew me in. It's the whole *schtick*. And no, it doesn't… *function* as a functional navigational aid for ships (sadly). It's a converted fire station, and the lighthouse is the architectural *thing*. It’s more about aesthetics than actual maritime duty, sadly. But hey, it *looks* fabulous. I took approximately 500 photos of it. Don't judge me.

What's the deal with the breakfast? I've read mixed reviews…are we talking sad continental or glorious spread?

The breakfast... oh, the breakfast. Look, I'm a breakfast person. I *live* for breakfast. The Kendall breakfast is...decent. It's not a gourmet experience. There’s fruit, pastries (some days are better than others!), oatmeal, and maybe some scrambled eggs. Don't expect bacon that'll change your life. I swear, I saw a tiny, apologetic blueberry at the bottom of the yogurt cup that looked as if it was considering walking away. Okay, maybe I’m being harsh. But if you're a breakfast snob like me, adjust your expectations. There's a Starbucks nearby, which is practically a lifeline. Pro-tip: load up on the pastries. At least one!

How's the location? Is everything actually walkable?

Walkable? YES! That's a huge win. The Kendall's pretty much *in* Kendall Square. And that, my friend, is a goldmine of restaurants, shops, and… well, MIT. (I walked past the MIT campus while trying to act smart and failing.) You can easily walk to the T (the subway), which is your gateway to all things Boston. But warning: be prepared for a *lot* of people. Get good sneakers. Trust me. You're going to rack up the steps.

Okay, the historical charm thing... is it *too* historical? Like, drafty and creaky?

Okay, yeah, it's charming. This is a plus. It's got that old-school vibe, but it's not falling apart. I'm a big history person. I like things that make you feel like you are in another era. Some of the rooms, they're a little... *cozy*. And there's a definite sense of "this building has seen some things." But it's not so bad that you feel like you're trapped in a haunted house. I actually *enjoyed* the slightly imperfect, slightly creaky-floorboard-y vibe. Embrace it! It's part of the fun. Just make sure the remote to the TV works. Priorities.

Tell me something *really* bad. Like, what actually went wrong?

Alright, I will be honest. One night, the fire alarm went off. At 3:00 AM! Now, for *me*, a professional sleeper, this is a tragedy of epic proportions. It was a false alarm (thank goodness!) but still... you know, being herded out into the Cambridge night wearing my pajamas and desperately searching for coffee. I was not impressed. I'm guessing some poor soul burned toast. But hey, it gave me a story! Plus, the staff *did* apologize profusely. So, I guess all's well that ends well. (But if it happens again, I'm writing a strongly worded email.)

Speaking of the staff, are they friendly?

Generally, yes! The staff are very polite. They were always helpful. I had a question about the T and my dumb brain was struggling, and the person at reception was *super* patient and gave me clear directions (even though I probably looked completely lost, which I was). And when I mentioned it was my birthday, they left a little something in my room. Sweet!

Would you stay there again? Be honest!

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Despite that early morning fire alarm incident, I liked The Kendall. It’s got a unique charm, it's in a great location, and it's not crazy expensive. It's not the *perfect* hotel, but it's a solid choice. Just pack earplugs (you know, just in case the toast situation escalates) and lower your breakfast expectations. And embrace the lighthouse. Seriously. Embrace it.

```Globe Stay Finder

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

The Kendall Hotel Cambridge (MA) United States

Post a Comment for "Kendall Hotel Cambridge: Luxury Awaits in Historic Charm!"