
Denver Golden Getaway: Unwind at La Quinta Inn & Suites!
Denver Golden Getaway: My Unfiltered Take on La Quinta Inn & Suites
Alright, buckle up buttercups! I just spent a few days at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Denver (the "Golden Getaway" one, wink wink… probably not the official name), and I’m ready to spill the tea. Forget those glossy brochures, this is real life, baby. And let me tell you, it's not all sunshine and roses, but it's definitely got its moments.
(Metadata - don't you fret, I'll get to it! Keywords at the end)
First Impressions & the Accessibility Angle:
So, the drive in was… fine. Denver's golden, right? Well, the hotel's exterior wasn't exactly glowing, if you catch my drift. I, for reasons best left unsaid, had a slight mobility hiccup (don't judge!), so the accessibility was a big deal. THANKFULLY, the hotel had an elevator, because let's be honest, I wouldn't have made it up the stairs without resembling a beached whale. They mentioned facilities for disabled guests, and the lobby seemed navigable enough. Still, I didn't get to fully test the accessibility, so my report here is a little wishy-washy, just the honest truth, not an expert opinion! The front desk staff were friendly enough. (More on that later… some were brighter than others).
Internet & (Lack of) Communication:
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Yes, a huge YES! Actually, it worked pretty damn well. And there was even Internet access-LAN which I didn't use. You know, I like to unplug, or at least try. Now, for an anecdote: I tried to get the internet password when I arrived in the afternoon, but it was impossible to get anyone's attention! It took me 20 minutes. I'm not sure what that was about. Anyway, I was going to call it a win, but then the cable went out at 8 pm and I didn't realize how bad it was, and it was just a comedy of errors! I was ready for a fight, but I managed to calm and just read… So, mixed feelings.
The Room: My Personal Sanctuary (or Not?)
The room itself…? It was… a room. It had all the usual fixings: air conditioning (thank God), a bed (extra long even, apparently! Didn't need it!), a desk (didn't use it, thank God!), a mini-bar, and a TV (with on-demand movies!). The bathroom was… functional. Clean. A little… sterile feeling, if I'm being honest. But for a hotel room, I've seen worse. I've seen a lot worse. The blackout curtains? A lifesaver, especially after a bit too much "relaxation" the night before. They also had a nice mirror. It was the little things.
More on the room: The bathroom? Clean. Shower? Good pressure. The water got hot in a flash. They even provided a scale, you know, just in case you want to see how much weight you gained during the whole "getaway!" The robes were a surprisingly nice touch. It was a bit annoying that it felt like there was a single electrical socket near the bed: an actual peeve.
Cleanliness & (Perceived) Safety:
They were REALLY pushing the cleanliness angle. Anti-viral cleaning products? Check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Allegedly. Room sanitization between stays? Yep. It felt… safe, I guess. They had hand sanitizer everywhere, and the staff seemed trained in safety protocols. They were clearly taking it seriously, which I appreciated. (Though it's tough to always trust a facade, right?). They had all sorts of safety features in the room, like smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and they even had security around the clock. You get the idea. I felt relatively safe, despite myself. So kudos!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Culinary Adventure (Sort Of)
Breakfast was… included. It was a buffet, which I'm usually not a fan of. But honestly, it was decent. They had the usual suspects: scrambled eggs, sausage, pastries (surprisingly edible!), and coffee. I would've loved better coffee, but hey, I'm not complaining. They mention "Asian cuisine in the restaurant" and "international cuisine in the restaurant" but I didn't know if that was just the breakfast buffet or if they had another dining situation. Didn't matter that much, as I did most of my eating out. There was a coffee shop there, but I didn't get a chance to check it out. They also had a nice poolside bar, but the weather was awful when I was there, so I didn't get a chance to go there.
Things to Do (or Not) & Ways to Relax:
Okay, here's where the "Golden Getaway" part gets a little… thin. There's a swimming pool (outdoor) and a fitness center (gym/fitness). No pool with a view, spa, sauna, or steam room, I'm afraid. The fitness center was… adequate. Rusty. I did a little bit of working out, but honestly it was just so much easier to get a drink instead!
Services & Conveniences: The Little Things (and Some Big Ones):
They had a concierge, which was helpful. Free parking, blessedly. Laundry service was available, which was a lifesaver after I spilled spaghetti sauce down my favorite shirt (don't ask!). The elevators were a huge win. I spent a lot of time in the elevator, by the way. There was a convenience store, which was also a bonus. They provided an iron and ironing board, which was something I really needed. They really had all the amenities you'd expect from a place for a getaway, just without an actual "getaway" feel.
My Verdict:
Look, the La Quinta Inn & Suites is a decent place to crash. It's clean, safe, and has the basics covered. But is it a golden getaway? Eeeeh… more like a bronze-ish one. It's not going to blow your mind, but it'll do the trick for a few nights. Just don’t go expecting a luxurious spa experience, you know?
Quirks & Imperfections:
- One morning I was woken up so early by some kind of ruckus I thought it was a fire; turns out some folks had a disagreement!
- The breakfast coffee seriously needs an upgrade.
- The hotel's lighting is a bit bleak.
- More emphasis on a getaway would be nice.
Final Score: 3.5 out of 5 stars. (You know, for a decent, no-frills stay.)
Metadata (SEO Keywords):
- Denver Hotels
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver
- Golden Getaway Denver
- Hotel Review
- Accessibility Denver
- Free Wi-Fi Hotels
- Pool Hotels Denver
- Fitness Center Denver
- Breakfast Included Hotels
- Family-Friendly Hotels Denver
- Non-Smoking Rooms Denver
- Pet-Friendly Hotels Denver (check availability)
- Accessibility
- Cleanliness
- Safety
- Hygiene
- Wi-Fi
- Services
- Amenities
- Review
- Travel
- Accommodation
- Places to Stay
- Denver Vacation
- Hotel Stay
- Denver, Colorado
- Hotel

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because you're about to dive headfirst into my completely disorganized, hilariously flawed, and utterly real Denver trip itinerary. We're talking La Quinta Inn in Golden, Colorado, which, let me tell you, smelled vaguely of chlorine and regret… but hey, you know, location, location, location! (And the free breakfast? We'll get to that.)
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Highway Hunt (or, "Where's the Damn Hotel?!")
- 1:00 PM: Arrival at Denver International Airport (DIA). Okay, so, first off, DIA is an experience. Like, the scale of it is legitimately intimidating. I swear I walked miles to get to baggage claim, and then, naturally, my tiny carry-on was the last one to appear on the carousel. Cue the internal monologue: "Is this my fault? Did I anger the gods of checked luggage? Maybe I should invest in a bigger bag…"
- 1:30 PM: Rental Car Fiasco. Successfully navigated the (admittedly well-organized) rental car shuffle, got my keys, and then realized… I had no idea how to get to the hotel. Turns out, Google Maps is a liar sometimes. Ended up on the wrong side of town, took a detour through some… let's call them "less scenic" areas, and nearly cried when I saw the "Golden" exit, because, come on, you're driving on the freeway in a strange place, and you will always find yourself lost at some point, I'm sure.
- 2:30 PM: La Quinta Triumph (and Chlorine Sniffing) Finally, finally, arrived at the La Quinta. The facade looked exactly like the website picture, which might sound like a win, but doesn't mean the smell of chlorine wasn't going to hit you. The check-in clerk, bless her heart, was clearly used to dealing with my type (stressed, probably late, and borderline hangry). Room: Small, but clean-ish. The air conditioning sounded like a dying lawnmower, but at least it worked.
- 3:00 PM: The Grocery Store Quest. Okay, I get it, I'm a tourist, but the grocery store is always the most satisfying thing. Went to King Soopers and bought snacks: apples, trail mix, and, of course, a bag of chips (because, vacation). I was the happiest person on earth, I stashed those snacks somewhere they are probably not going to be seen for a week.
- 5:00 PM: First Taste of Golden, CO. Drove. Drive-drove. Found a local brewery. I forget the name, but I think I saw some good options on google. The place was hopping with locals and a friendly-looking dog. After a couple of beers, I felt like an instant Golden insider, though I’m pretty sure I just sat there quietly for most of the time. Ah, the beauty of travel – making friends with yourself.
- 7:00 PM: Food! After the brewery, I drove back to the hotel, feeling a little bit less like the world was against me. Ordered take-out from a local spot I'd seen online, nothing fancy. The food? Passable. The company? Fantastic. It was just me!
Day 2: Mountains, Mishaps, and a Pancake Revelation
- 7:00 AM: The Free Breakfast Gamble. Okay, the free breakfast at La Quinta. Let me prepare you: It’s… an experience. The waffles were… well, they looked like waffles. The coffee tasted like it had been brewed in a shoe. The scrambled eggs were… suspicious. But, dammit, I ate it all. It was a weird kind of victory.
- 8:00 AM: Hike! Off to Golden Gate Canyon State Park! And it was amazing. The views, the air, the trees, it was all so gorgeous. I took a bunch of photos that definitely don't do it justice. I even found a cute little spot, and I sat there. I was never more at peace. That hike, honestly, was the highlight of the whole trip.
- 1:00 PM: The Pancake Catastrophe. After the hike, I thought pancakes would be good, but, as I said, I probably should not cook. I burned pancakes, a lot of pancakes, probably the most pancakes ever. I tried. I failed. I cried a little. Gave up, which was probably smart because I was getting a little bit too emotional.
- 2:00 PM: The Scenic Drive of Doom. Went for a drive on the Peak to Peak Highway, which is supposed to be breathtaking. And it was– at least the parts of it I could see through the rain and my own terrible driving skills. Let's face it, I'm not a mountain road kinda driver.
- 5:00 PM: Brewery, Part Two. This time, I went to a different brewery I’ve heard from a friend. Different beers, different vibe. This time, I actually spoke to someone! (Small talk, but still! Progress!)
- 7:00 PM: Diner Delight. Ended the night with a classic diner experience. Burger, fries, milkshake. The perfect antidote to a day of missed pancakes and slightly terrifying mountain roads. The waitress was a total sweetheart, and I felt like I'd finally found my place in the universe. This is it, I told myself. This is the real me.
Day 3: Farewell and a Free Bag of Chips (No, Really!)
- 7:00 AM: Breakfast Again (Please, No Waffles). Okay, the breakfast at La Quinta was less offensive than yesterday. Maybe I’m getting used to it. Maybe the waffle machine had been retired. Either way, I survived.
- 8:00 AM: Packing, Pondering, and Pre-Departure Regret. Packing is always the worst, so I was late. I was thinking of the pancakes again. Did I really ruin those pancakes? I just hope I wasn't the only one who couldn't cook pancakes.
- 9:00 AM: Last-Minute Souvenir Hunt. Scouring the local shops for some "I survived Colorado!" trinkets. Found a t-shirt that said "Colorado is Calling and I Must Go" and I thought, yeah, that sounds about right.
- 10:00 AM: Hotel Checkout… and a Chip Surprise! Checked out of the La Quinta. As I was leaving, the front desk person - the same one from Day 1 - smiled and handed me a bag of chips with a wink, which was like my whole vacation came into a single image.
- 11:00 AM: Airport, Again (And Maybe A Nap). Bye, bye, Denver! Time to go back home, and go on another adventure, and I'm already prepared to be surprised by the next free breakfast!
Final Thoughts:
So, was the trip perfect? Absolutely not. Did I get lost multiple times? You betcha. Did I make any actual friends? Probably not. Did I eat my weight in questionable waffles and burn several batches of pancakes? Definitely. But you know what? It was my trip. It was messy and imperfect and hilarious and completely, wonderfully real. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now, about planning the next one… I need to find a place with better pancakes. And maybe a map.
Unbelievable Canalta Camrose Deals: Book Your Dream Stay NOW!
Okay, Okay, Denver Golden Getaway at La Quinta – Spill the Tea! What’s the Deal?
La Quinta? Seriously? What are the rooms like? Be brutally honest!
Golden, Colorado. What's there to *actually* do? Beyond drinking...
Is breakfast included? Because, you know, hangry is a real danger.
What about the views or location? Is it actually scenic?
Okay, so, the *real* reason you're going. Tell me about it!
Any packing tips? Besides the bleach wipes and granola bars?
Final Thoughts? Should I book? Is this trip even worth it?


Post a Comment for "Denver Golden Getaway: Unwind at La Quinta Inn & Suites!"