
Davao's Hidden Gem: La Anclar Hometel - Your Dream Stay Awaits!
Davao's Secret Siren Song: A Deep Dive into La Anclar Hometel - Is My Dream Stay REALLY Awaits? (Spoiler Alert: Maybe!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from a whirlwind stay at La Anclar Hometel in Davao, and my brain is still basically a cocktail of mango juice and confused elation. They call it a "dream stay," and while I’m not quite ready to declare it the stuff of actual, tangible dreams (I had one nightmare about a rogue hairdryer), this place definitely has a certain… je ne sais quoi.
First things first: Accessibility. This is a HUGE deal for me, and La Anclar, bless its heart, makes a good effort. The elevator is a lifesaver, especially after a long day of Davao adventures. They boast facilities for disabled guests, which I really appreciated – though I didn’t personally scrutinize every nook and cranny (because I'm not disabled). Overall, it seems pretty good. I hope I'm not wrong.
Internet & Techy Bits: Let's be real, in this day and age, reliable Wi-Fi is as essential as oxygen. La Anclar doesn't disappoint. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! And it actually works. You know, for those of us tethered to our screens (ahem, me). They also have Internet [LAN] if you're old school. The Internet services are good, but if you're planning a marathon gaming session, consider bringing your own router. Just saying…
Cleanliness & Safety (The Pandemic Edition): This is where La Anclar really shines. Seriously, they've gone the extra mile. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and rooms sanitized between stays? Music to my germophobic ears! The staff is trained in safety protocol, they have hand sanitizer everywhere, and they even offer Room sanitization opt-out available. While I'm not going to inspect every surface with a magnifying glass (that's probably against the rules), I felt genuinely safe and protected. The Safe dining setups and the individually-wrapped food options contributed to that too. They also have doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit, but thankfully, I didn't need either!
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Important Stuff): Okay, food lovers, prepare to drool (or, you know, maybe just me). The restaurants offer a variety. A la carte in restaurant is always a win in my book. There's an Asian cuisine in restaurant, with a vegetarian restaurant option. The coffee shop is a lifesaver for those early mornings. They even have a poolside bar, which is perfect for sipping cocktails while pretending you're on a tropical island (even when you're just in Davao). The breakfast [buffet], is okay, but if you are looking for a more unique experience, look elsewhere. I didn't sample everything (because, let's be honest, willpower is not my strong suit), but what I did try was pretty darn good. I can definitely recommend the Asian breakfast… yum!
Services and Conveniences (The Little Things That Matter): La Anclar covers all the bases. Daily housekeeping? Check. Concierge? Check. Cash withdrawal? Check. They even offer food delivery (essential for lazy days). A convenience store is always handy, and the luggage storage was a lifesaver on check-out when I needed to explore a bit more. The air conditioning in public areas is a must given the Davao heat. I made use of the laundry service, and it was fast and efficient. I also appreciated the facilities for disabled guests being really helpful and made me feel safe and relaxed.
For the Kids (If You're Into That): La Anclar is family/child friendly, with babysitting service on offer. There are even kids meal options. Bonus points for considering the little ones!
Things To Do & Ways To Relax (The Dream Element): Now, this is where things get a little… hazy. La Anclar promises relaxation. They have a swimming pool [outdoor] - the pool with a view is indeed quite lovely, and my inner mermaid was thrilled. There's also a fitness center, and a spa, and I am told they offer massage, body scrub, body wrap, foot bath, sauna, and steamroom. BUT… here's where my experience gets messy. I was SO busy exploring Davao (more on that later) that I didn't actually use any of these facilities! I know, I'm a terrible reviewer. This is probably the biggest blemish against La Anclar's Dream stay promise. I'm a failure. However, the mere presence of these options is a major plus, and I’m already planning a return trip to rectify this egregious oversight. Maybe then I'll finally try out that legendary pool with view!
Getting Around (The Practicalities): They offer airport transfer - which is a HUGE relief after a long flight. There's also car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], and taxi service. So getting around is easy-peasy.
The Room (The Dream Itself): Okay, confession time. I got a standard room (because, budget). It was… fine. Perfectly functional, yes, but it was not the stuff of dreams. However, the key is the amenities. They have everything you need: Air conditioning, alarm clock, bathrobes, blackout curtains, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, desk, free bottled water, hair dryer, in-room safe box, internet access – wireless, mini bar, private bathroom, satellite/cable channels, shower, slippers, smoke detector, soundproofing, and wi-fi [free]. Basic, but well-appointed. I particularly enjoyed the blackout curtains, which allowed me to sleep in (bliss). I mean, considering the price, you're getting what you pay for. It’s not the Ritz, but it’s comfortable, clean, and efficient.
The Imperfections (Because Life Isn't a Fairy Tale): Now for the awkward truth bombs… the exterior corridor feels a little… meh. And the overall design is not exactly cutting-edge. It feels like a cozy hotel. You know the kind. They do have non-smoking rooms, but I did catch a whiff of cigarette smoke once or twice. It's not the end of the world, just a sign that perfection is unattainable. I'm not sure about the Proposal spot, but I didn't see any, so maybe it isn't very popular.
The Verdict: Is La Anclar Your "Dream Stay"?
Honestly? It depends. If you're looking for a luxurious, over-the-top getaway, maybe not. BUT, if you're seeking a comfortable, safe, and convenient base for exploring Davao, then La Anclar Hometel is a solid choice.
The Good: Cleanliness, safety, convenient location, friendly staff, and the pool (from what I saw). Oh, and the free Wi-Fi. Never forget the Wi-Fi.
The Not-So-Good: The room decor is safe. Some of the facilities remain untested (my fault, not theirs!).
The Emotional Reaction: Initially, I was skeptical. The name "dream stay" is a big promise. But by the end, I was genuinely impressed. I felt relaxed, well cared for, and ready to attack Davao's treasures. This is a hidden Gem that I would highly recommend!
SEO Keywords and Metadata:
- Title: Davao’s Hidden Gem: La Anclar Hometel – Your Dream Stay Awaits! (A Messy, Honest Review)
- Meta Description: A brutally honest and detailed review of La Anclar Hometel in Davao, Philippines. Is it really a "dream stay"? Discover the pros, cons, and my unfiltered thoughts. Includes accessibility, cleanliness, dining, and amenities.
- Keywords: La Anclar Hometel, Davao, Philippines, review, hotel, accommodation, accessibility, swimming pool, spa, clean, safe, dining, Wi-Fi, travel, vacation, family-friendly, dream stay, asia, Philippine hotel.
- Accessibility Features: Wheelchair accessible, Elevator, Facilities for disabled guests.
- Cleanliness and Safety: Anti-viral cleaning, Daily disinfection, Sanitized rooms, Doctor/nurse on call, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food, Safe dining setups, Staff trained in safety protocol.
- Dining and Drinking: Restaurant, Asian cuisine, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Breakfast buffet.
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Swimming pool, Fitness center, Spa, Air conditioning, Airport transfer, Laundry service, Daily housekeeping.
- Rooms: Non-smoking, Air conditioning, Coffee/tea maker, Free Wi-Fi, Private bathroom, Blackout curtains.
- **Other

Okay, buckle up buttercups! You're getting the REAL La Anclar Hometel Davao City experience, fresh off the griddle of my brain. This is gonna be less "polished travel brochure" and more "midnight snack fueled rant session."
Day 1: Arrival and The Great Davao Dive (and the Great Laundry Disaster)
- 1:00 PM: ARRIVAL! Davao International Airport. Ugh, the heat. It hits you like a wet blanket, instantly. Grab a Grab (because I'm not haggling for a taxi, no thanks). The driver, bless his soul, had a tiny Pikachu dangling from his rearview mirror. Setting the tone, I thought.
- 1:45 PM: Check-in at La Anclar Hometel. Okay, the lobby… it’s… functional. Let’s be honest, it's not winning any design awards. But the staff is ridiculously friendly. Like, too friendly. I suspect they're trained to smile no matter what you throw at them.
- 2:30 PM: Room. Okay, it's clean. That's the important bit. Aircon is blasting, a welcome relief from the sauna outside. Unpack… or at least attempt to. My suitcase exploded. Clothes everywhere. Panic set in.
- 3:00 PM: The Laundry Hunt Begins. Apparently, the hotel laundry service is… nonexistent. "We can suggest somewhere, ma'am?" Suggest?! I need clean underwear, people! This turned into a whole thing. Google Maps. A sweltering walk. A dodgy-looking laundry place with a sign promising "Express Service." Express it wasn't. But hey, at least I secured a bag of questionable-smelling (but hopefully clean) clothes.
- 5:00 PM: Davao's Finest – The Crocodile Park! This was supposed to be the pinnacle of my day. I'm a total sucker for critters. The park. It's… well, it's full of crocodiles. Big ones. Small ones. Scarily close ones. I watched a crocodile lunge for a chicken (that was part of the "feeding show"). My jaw dropped. Absolutely insane. The sheer power. I stood there, mesmerized, a good 10 minutes after the show hoping the crocs would put on another show. ( They didn't).
- 6:30 PM: The Food Court of Dreams…Or, The Food Court of Food.
- 7:30 PM: Back to the Hometel. I'm exhausted. And oddly, I can't tell if everyone in the hotel has the same routine due to the noise in the hall.
Day 2: Diving Deep into Samal Island and the Great Coral Confrontation
- 8:00 AM: Breakfast. The hotel breakfast is… well, it's breakfast. Rice, eggs, some sort of sausage that may or may not be made of actual meat. Coffee that tastes suspiciously like dishwater. But hey, it's sustenance, right?
- 9:00 AM: Ferry to Samal Island! The air is already thick with humidity. I swear, I'm sweating through my clothes.
- 10:00 AM: Scuba Diving – the real deal!
- 10:30 AM: The Great Coral Confrontation. This was my passion! Under the sea! I get ready to explore and the first thing I see is, coral. Lots and lots of coral. The guide is a bit rusty, but the sea is calm and the visibility is good. I begin to descend… and my mask immediately fills with water. Panic. Flailing. Swallowing salty seawater. I surface (with a gulp of air). Okay, deep breaths. Try again. Same result. Third time is the charm, right? Nope. Just more water. My pride… well, it was diving faster than I was. I eventually managed to get the mask sorted, but my initial "underwater explorer" vibe was utterly crushed.
- 12:30 PM: Lunch on the beach. Fresh seafood. Breathtaking views. This totally made up for the scuba mask debacle. The grilled fish was perfection. Pure, unadulterated bliss.
- 2:00 PM: Beach Bumming. Sun, sand, sea… and me, sprawled out like a starfish. I spent a good hour just staring at the waves, letting the sunshine melt away all the stress of the previous day. Truly life-affirming.
- 4:00 PM Ferry back.
Day 3: Durian Dreams & Departure
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast, same as before. I'm starting to feel like I'm living a Groundhog Day loop.
- 10:00 AM: The Davao City Tour - The first stop: The Durian. The smell… it's like a combination of gym socks and rotten onions. I was warned! I'd psyched myself up for this. Tried a tiny bite. The taste… oh, the taste. It's… well, it's indescribable. I think I liked it? Or maybe I just couldn't not eat it after all the hype. The whole experience was a total sensory overload. The smell clung to my clothes, to my hair, to my very soul. Worth it.
- 11:00 AM: People's Park. A tranquil oasis. The massive sculptures are impressive, and I loved the little green space. I sat on a bench and watched families. It was a perfect snapshot of Davao life.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Tried to find something different, but ended up at a mall food court, and something bland.
- 1:00 PM: One Last Espresso Shot.
- 2:00 PM: Check-out. Goodbye, La Anclar! I leave you with a mixture of gratitude and relief. Your quirks made my trip unforgettable.
- 3:00 PM: Departure. Airport. Homeward bound, with the lingering scent of durian and a thousand memories of adventure.
Final Thoughts:
Davao City? It's a whirlwind. It's messy. It's hot. It's loud. But it's also incredibly friendly, full of surprises, and utterly unforgettable. Would I go back to La Anclar? Maybe. But next time, I'm bringing my own laundry detergent. And a better scuba mask. And maybe a whole crate of air freshener. Because, you know, durian.
Latham's BEST Airport Hotel? TownePlace Suites Review!
So, La Anclar Hometel in Davao... What's the Hype About? (And Is It Actually Worth It?)
What kind of rooms are we talking? (And Can I Actually Get a Good Night's Sleep?)
What's the food situation? Is it just instant noodles or is there actual sustenance?
How's the location? Is it actually near anything worthwhile, or am I doomed to taxi hell?
What's the staff like? Are they actually friendly, or just pretending for the sake of tips?
Okay, so… Any Downsides? Be Honest! (Don't sugarcoat it)
Final Verdict: Should I Book La Anclar Hometel? Will I be happy there?


Post a Comment for "Davao's Hidden Gem: La Anclar Hometel - Your Dream Stay Awaits!"