Escape to Glacier Canyon: Wisconsin's Lake Delton Paradise Awaits!

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Escape to Glacier Canyon: Wisconsin's Lake Delton Paradise Awaits!

Escape to Glacier Canyon: Survived the Delton Dream (and Lived to Tell the Tale!) - A Messy, Honest Review

Okay, so I just escaped (literally, felt like I’d been trapped! Don't get me wrong, it's good, it just… a lot.) Glacier Canyon in Wisconsin Dells. "Wisconsin's Lake Delton Paradise Awaits!" the brochures screamed, and, well, they weren't entirely wrong. Let's be real, the Dells is a manufactured fantasyland, but hey, sometimes you need a manufactured fantasyland. And Glacier Canyon? It's the high-end, slightly more polished version. This review is gonna be raw, real, and probably veer wildly between gushing and grumbling. Buckle up.

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Like a Box of Chocolates… You Know.

Right, let's be practical first. Wheelchair Accessible? Yes, mostly. I saw ramps, elevators, and generally good accessibility in the public areas. But, and this is a big but, sometimes the distances were… epic. Getting from my room to the pool with the view (more on that later) felt like a pilgrimage. Facilities for disabled guests? They say they have them. I didn't personally test the specific rooms, but everything looked compliant. Elevator? Definitely a necessity, considering the sheer size of the place and the number of floors.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: Again, mostly. Access wasn’t the problem, it was the inherent Dells problem: crowds. Navigating those with a wheelchair, or even just a stroller, could be a nightmare.

Getting Around: The Long Haul and Tiny Perks

Car park [free of charge] - Blessedly so. Parking is a free-for-all most places in the Dells, but at least here, there was plenty of it, and it was close. Valet parking was available too, which could be a godsend if you're feeling fancy or just plain exhausted. Car park [on-site] – duh! Airport transfer - Not that I saw, but let’s face it, you're not flying into Wisconsin Dells. Taxi service: I guess, but honestly, Uber/Lyft is probably the way to go. Bicycle parking: Unsure, but honestly, unless you’re hardcore, you’re not biking here.

Internet: The Good, The Bad, and the "Is it Really Free?"

Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Yay! And it actually worked! Mostly. Occasionally got a grumpy, "connection unstable" message, but for streaming movies, keeping up with emails, and generally not losing my mind, it was a life-saver. Internet? Yup. Internet [LAN]? Honestly, who uses LAN anymore? Internet services: Standard stuff. Wi-Fi in public areas: Present and accounted for.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Feast of Choices (and Calories!)

Okay, this is where the Glacier Canyon experience really shines… and starts to show its cracks.

Restaurants: Plural! A whole bunch! A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant: They had it all, folks. Seriously, whatever you crave after a day of waterpark madness, you'll probably find it. Poolside bar: Yes. Essential. Especially when you’ve got five screaming kids and the urge to just… float. The frozen margaritas were pretty decent. Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop: Fuel for the fun, no problem. Desserts in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant: All the things you need to balance out the deep-fried everything. Happy hour: Oh yeah, the happy hours were happy. Especially during the week, it felt like stealing in this tourist paradise. Snack bar: You betcha. Room service [24-hour]: Thank the heavens. Late-night pizza after a long day battling the wave pool? Yes, please. Bottle of water: Every day, a small courtesy, but a welcome one..

Now, for the down sides. Breakfast [buffet]: Honestly, it was a zoo, but the food kept coming and the variety kept the kids from revolting. Breakfast service: Yes. Alternative meal arrangement: I'm guessing. They were generally accommodating, but the sheer number of people meant you needed to be assertive. Vegetarian restaurant: Not specifically, but plenty of vegetarian options. International cuisine in restaurant: A mixed bag, but some great food!

Cleanliness and Safety: COVID Edition

Anti-viral cleaning products: They said they used them. Daily disinfection in common areas: I saw people wiping stuff down. Hand sanitizer: Everywhere. Hygiene certification: Likely, given the current climate. Individually-wrapped food options: Yes, thankfully. Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Tried. Sometimes worked, sometimes not so much. Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays: They took it seriously. Safe dining setup: Mostly okay. Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: I hope so! Staff trained in safety protocol: Seemed like it. Sterilizing equipment: Unclear.

The Pool with a View: My Personal Redemption

Okay, let's talk about the pool. Specifically, the outdoor pool with the view. They call it the "infinity pool," and while it's not technically an infinity pool in the true sense of the word, the way it blends with the landscape is pretty darn stunning. That pool. That pool. After a day of wrangling kids in the waterpark, the chaos, the lost swimsuits, the endless demands for snacks, I finally escaped (again!), and slinked off to the pool. The sun was starting to set, painting the sky in gorgeous hues of orange and purple. The water was the perfect temperature. And for a blessed, glorious hour, I just… floated. No screaming, no demands, just me, the sky, and the quiet lapping of the water. Pure, unadulterated bliss. That pool saved my sanity. Swimming pool [outdoor], Pool with view: Yes! Swimming pool: Several more.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: A Little Bit of Paradise

Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Gym/fitness, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom: Yes. Oh, yes. I didn't personally indulge in all of these – I'm a simple gal! – but the spa looked amazing. (That face mask I did manage to sneak in was glorious). The fitness center looked well-equipped, if you need that type of punishment while vacationing. The sauna was on my list, but never got around to it (again, kids.)

For the Kids: A Never-Ending Wonderland (and My Sanity's End)

Babysitting service: I'm assuming (thank goodness). Family/child friendly: Very. Kids facilities, Kids meal: Tons. Waterslides, arcades, play areas… It's an assault on the senses, in the best and worst ways. My kids were in heaven. I, on the other hand, occasionally needed to hide in the bathroom for five minutes of glorious silence.

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference

Air conditioning in public area, Air conditioning: Essential! Cash withdrawal: Present. Concierge, Convenience store: Nice to have. Daily housekeeping: Efficient and friendly. Dry cleaning, Elevator, Front desk [24-hour]: Standard, but necessary. Gift/souvenir shop: Prepare to be tempted. Indoor venue for special events, Outdoor venue for special events: They host weddings, meetings, etc.

The Room: Cozy and Clean (with a Few Quirks)

Available in all rooms: Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Window that opens.

My room was clean, well-maintained, with the standard amenities. The bed was comfy (the extra-long bed was a bonus), the blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleep-deprived parents, and the free Wi-Fi kept me connected. The Bathrobes were fluffy and luxurious. The shower was great. The Mini-Bar was tempting, but the prices…ouch! Slippers are a classy touch. The Mirror was well-lit, perfect for putting on makeup. The soundproofing was okay, but you could still hear some of the waterpark noise. And

Escape to College Station: Hawthorn Extended Stay's Unbeatable Comfort!

Book Now

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Because we're about to dive headfirst into my planned, slightly chaotic, and probably-going-to-be-amazing trip to Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon in Lake Delton, Wisconsin. This isn't just a schedule; it's a feeling. A pre-vacation cocktail of excitement, mild anxiety about packing, and a desperate hope that I haven't forgotten anything (like, you know, my actual clothes).

The Grand (and Slightly Unorganized) Plan: Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon, Lake Delton - GO TIME!

Day 1: Arrival and the Questionable Art of Unpacking (and Surviving the Drive)

  • Time: Let's be real, "Time" is a suggestion. We're aiming for sometime around 2 PM, but considering I’m the world's most optimistic packer, it will definitely be later. The drive from Chicago? Pray for me. Seriously. Because I might hit some serious traffic coming from the city.
  • Morning: Last-minute panic packing. Did I bring enough socks? What about sunscreen? OMG, did I remember the baby aspirin? (Don't judge. I'm a worrier.) Breakfast will be a rushed Pop-Tart devoured in front of the fridge, staring blankly at the impending doom of the open highway.
  • Afternoon: ARRIVAL! Hopefully, the Wyndham check-in process is smooth. I'm expecting a slight wait. (Because, well, life). Then, the moment of truth: the condo. I'm picturing a beautiful, spacious haven. Though, I'm fully prepared for a slightly wonky layout and a kitchenette that resembles a miniature spaceship.
  • The Unpacking Debacle: This is where things go sideways. I'm great at packing… terrible at unpacking. Expect a flurry of suitcases, a mountain of clothes on the bed, and a desperate search for the bathroom. The first hour will be a whirlwind of "Where does this even GO?" and "Did I REALLY bring that hideous sweater?".
  • Evening: I'm thinking a quick grocery run (because I'm not surviving a week on gas station snacks). Pizza and unpacking!
    • Food Diary: Pizza. Simple, classic, and easy.
    • Emotional Reaction: Pizza is my love language.
    • Quirky Observation: I always over-buy groceries. Always. I'll probably have enough food to feed a small army, including an alarming amount of cheese.
    • Imperfection: Probably forget something, like the ice-cream and the remote in the car.
    • Opinionated Language: I hate unpacking, but I love pizza.
    • Minor Category: I will miss my pets.
    • Stream-of-consciousness Rambling: Oh, the joy of the open road, the wind through my hair (okay, probably the air conditioning blasting in my face), the anticipation… and the gnawing feeling that I've forgotten my phone charger. I could just buy a new one… Maybe I need more coffee…

Day 2: Waterpark Mayhem and a Sudden Craving for Deep-Fried Anything

  • Morning: Waterpark time! (Or, at least, that's the plan). I've heard good things about the pools and slides at Glacier Canyon. I’m also anticipating a LOT of screaming children. I will try to embrace the chaos. Probably start with the indoor stuff… hopefully try and find those inner-tubes.
  • Afternoon: Survived the waterpark (presumably). Perhaps I’m somewhat burnt.
  • The Deep-Fried Dilemma: Okay, so I'm already thinking about the food situation. There's a distinct possibility that I'm going to binge on anything and everything fried. I have a weakness for cheese curds. And french fries. And fried… well, you get the picture. My diet? Non-existent. My regret? Potentially impending.
    • Food Diary: Cheese curds, fried potatoes with gravy, maybe a corn dog.
    • Emotional Reaction: Ugh. Delicious.
    • Quirky Observation: Will children be more annoying after being waterlogged and sugared up?
    • Imperfection: I am a very clumsy person.
    • Opinionated Language: Absolutely, I am going to fail at being healthy.
    • Minor Category: Where do you dump the water out of your ear?
    • Stream-of-consciousness Rambling: Is there a way to eat cheese curds without getting cheese curds everywhere? Probably not. I wonder if they have a good fried fish sandwich… Oh, decisions, decisions!

Day 3: The Dells and the Pursuit of Serenity (Good Luck, Me!)

  • Morning: "Explore the Dells" is on the itinerary. Boat tours, scenic drives, maybe even a cheesy show. (I secretly love cheesy shows). The goal is to have some fun, but I may need a bit of a buffer.
  • Afternoon: The actual experience. Maybe I’ll brave a boat tour, or, maybe, just wander around.
  • The Pursuit of Serenity (and Failing Spectacularly): I’ve always wanted to be a "nature person." But, when I'm in nature, I'm just thinking about how much I want to go home and watch TV. So, the plan is to find a quiet spot, breathe deeply, and try to find some inner peace. My expectations are low. I'm anticipating a mosquito attack, a sudden urge to check my phone, and a minor existential crisis.
    • Food Diary: Probably a quick lunch from a deli with sandwich and soda.
    • Emotional Reaction: I want some peace - and to be able to see my phone in the sun.
    • Quirky Observation: The most serene place probably has a gift shop close by.
    • Imperfection: Mosquitoes and allergies.
    • Opinionated Language: I hate tourists. I am a tourist.
    • Minor Category: Finding a bathroom.
    • Stream-of-consciousness Rambling: Will I find a perfect Instagram shot? Probably not. Will I wander off-piste and get eaten by something? Possibly. I hope I can get some peace.

Day 4: Doubling Down on the Waterpark (Because Why Not?) and the Great Dessert Adventure

  • Morning Another Waterpark visit. Maybe try some of the stuff I chickened out on before.
  • Afternoon Time to dry off and get some sweets.
  • Doubling Down (and Potentially Drowning in Delight): Okay, I'm going back to the waterpark. Screw it! This time, I'm attacking those slides. I'm going to embrace the fear. Maybe I'll even try the lazy river again. (Note to self: do not fall asleep on the lazy river). Then, the great dessert adventure. I’m thinking go-karting and then some crazy dessert.
    • Food Diary: Ice cream, some sort of pie, and a milkshake.
    • Emotional Reaction: pure happiness and sugar coma in that order.
    • Quirky Observation: I will probably get ice cream on my face.
    • Imperfection: A sugar crash is coming.
    • Opinionated Language: Dessert rules everything around me!
    • Minor Category: Finding the best view
    • Stream-of-consciousness Rambling: Are there any calories in vacation? Do the rules of reality apply?

Day 5: The "We’ll See" Day (and the Inevitable Grocery Run)

  • Morning: Relax.
  • Afternoon: The day to actually relax, or, decide what to do.
  • The "We'll See" Day (and the Perpetual Grocery Run): Today is the wild card. Maybe a spa day if I'm feeling fancy (unlikely). Perhaps another trek to the waterpark (entirely possible). The plan is, there is no plan. And undoubtedly another grocery trip because apparently, I can't plan ahead for my own food needs.
    • Food Diary: Depends on the craving.
    • Emotional Reaction: I don't know, I will go along with the flow.
    • Quirky Observation: The grocery store is always a gamble.
    • Imperfection: Overspending.
    • Opinionated Language: Groceries are the worst.
    • Minor Category: The weather.
    • Stream-of-consciousness Rambling: Should I sleep in? Should I just sit on the balcony and read.

Day 6: The End is Nigh (and the Luggage Anxiety Returns)

  • Morning: Packing; is everything clean?
  • Afternoon: More relaxing.
  • The End is Nigh (and the Luggage Anxiety Returns): The dreaded packing is back. I'm already mourning the end of vacation. Did I buy enough souvenirs? Did I even see any? Is that a stain on my favorite shirt? The questions are endless. I'll try to savor the last few moments.
Utica's BEST Kept Secret: Days Inn Review (You WON'T Believe This!)

Book Now

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States```html

Escape to Glacier Canyon: You Asked, I Answered (and Probably Ramble)

Okay, okay, Glacier Canyon. Is it REALLY paradise? Or just… well, a slightly fancy swimming pool?

Alright, let's be real. Paradise? That's a *strong* word. But... Glacier Canyon, especially if you're going with kids, is pretty darn close. Think of it like this: a slightly chaotic, but ultimately joyful, waterpark-meets-hotel-meets-pizza-fueled-weekend. There are definitely moments where you feel like you've accidentally wandered into a mob scene, especially at the lazy river (more on that later... THE LAZY RIVER!).

But then... the kid who swore he "hated" the wave pool is suddenly shrieking with glee as a wave crashes over him. Your partner finally relaxes, drink in hand, looking genuinely happy. And you? You might just find yourself, after a few too many piña coladas, having a genuine belly laugh at the sheer absurdity of it all. So, paradise? Maybe not. Awesome? Absolutely. Just be prepared for some chaos.

The Waterparks! The Waterparks! What's the deal? Which is best? (And how crowded will it *really* be?)

Okay, the waterparks are the core of the Glacier Canyon experience. They have a *lot* of them. Indoor, outdoor, kid-friendly, terrifying-slide-for-the-brave-only… it’s a choose-your-own-adventure of chlorinated fun. Crowds? Yes. Expect them. Weekends are… well, let’s just say you’ll become intimately acquainted with a lot of strangers’ swimsuits. Honestly, plan your day like a military operation: arrive early, conquer your must-do slides first, and then strategically work your way around the lesser-crowded areas.

My personal favorite? The outdoor waterparks. There's something about sunshine, the Wisconsin air (even when it's not precisely *warm*), and finally seeing the sky that just can’t be beat. The big slides are fantastic if you like feeling your stomach in your eyeballs. Don't be intimidated by the lines, they move surprisingly fast. I'd probably recommend the indoor option during rainy days. (Because Wisconsin, you know.) And if you have little ones, the kid-friendly areas are absolute lifesavers. Little kids are fun for a short period of time, and there is a lot of fun stuff for kids. (My kids loved it all.)

The Lazy River. Tell me *everything* about the Lazy River. Is it truly "lazy"? (Asking for a friend... who is me.)

Ah, the Lazy River. The place where dreams… and sanity… go to die. No, I am mostly kidding. The Lazy River is a *scene*. It can be a delightful float, a gentle bob, a moment of zen… or, more likely, a slow-motion battle for real estate. I've seen it all: toddlers wielding water guns, teenagers making out (I really did not need to see that), and grown adults desperately clinging to their inflatable tubes like they were life rafts in a watery apocalypse.

My advice? Manage your expectations. Go during off-peak hours. Bring a tube. And for the love of all that is holy, *don't* try to have a serious conversation. You'll be interrupted by a rogue rogue splash or another person trying to overtake you. It is what it is. And you know what? Despite the potential for mild irritation, there's still a certain charm. You *are* on vacation, after all. Embrace the chaos. Maybe bring a waterproof drink. Definitely wear sunglasses. Seriously, the sun hits that water just right (or rather hits ALL the water) to blind you. And be prepared to laugh. A lot.

Food. What are the dining options like? Will I starve? (I get hangry.)

Okay, let's be brutally honest. Fine dining? This ain’t it. You're not going to find Michelin-starred chefs or locally sourced, artisanal everything. Glacier Canyon's food is… functional. There are your usual suspects: pizza (a staple, and surprisingly okay), burgers, fries, and various other kid-friendly (and sometimes adult-friendly) options. I definitely remember a decent, if pricey, breakfast buffet. (Worth it for the unlimited bacon, right?) But mostly you’re there for convenience, not haute cuisine.

However, the convenience is king. You *will not* starve. There are enough options to keep everyone happy (or at least fed). My advice? Pack snacks. Seriously. Granola bars, fruit, even a bag of chips can be lifesavers between meals. Also, scope out the food court situation early on. Figure out which places have the shortest lines and the tastiest options. And, be prepared. Things get crazy during peak mealtimes. Plan accordingly, or embrace the chaos. It's all part of the experience, right?

The rooms! The rooms! Are they nice? Clean? (And is there a decent coffee maker?)

The rooms... Again, manage your expectations. They're not the Four Seasons. But they're generally clean, comfortable enough, and functional. The suites are a nice step up if you need the extra space, especially with kids. (Trust me, you *will* want the extra space.)

The important question: coffee maker? Yes. But don't expect a Keurig. It’s basic. Bring your own fancy coffee, if that’s your thing. Personally, I was too busy running around to worry about gourmet coffee. But if that is your thing, by all means, do it. The beds are comfortable enough after a long day of water-sliding and kid-wrangling. The bathrooms are… well, they're bathrooms. They do the job. Just be sure to inspect things on arrival, as with ANY hotel. And, look, it’s a waterpark resort. You're not there to spend all day in your room. You're there to get wet, have fun (or try to). As long as the beds are clean and comfortable, I consider it a win!

Anything else I should know? Any secret tips or tricks?

Oh, yes! A few nuggets of wisdom gleaned from my own Glacier Canyon adventures:

  • Arrive EARLY: Seriously, get there when they open. Beat the crowds. Grab the best chairs. It makes a HUGE difference.
  • Locker Up. If you're bringing valuables (phone, wallet) make sure to use one. Lockers are good, but make sure you remember the number and the password.
  • Bring water shoes. Those pool decks can get hot! Also, you might consider some kind of easy-to-carry bag to keep the wet clothes and stuff into.
  • Embrace the chaos. Seriously. Just let it go. The lines, the crowds, the screaming kids… it's all part of the fun (or, you know, at least part of the experience).
  • Take Breaks. Do not try to do all the things. Go outside. Enjoy a quiet moment. It's supposed to be a vacation!
  • Be nice to the staff: TheyTrip Stay Finder

    Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

    Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

    Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

    Club Wyndham Glacier Canyon Lake Delton (WI) United States

Post a Comment for "Escape to Glacier Canyon: Wisconsin's Lake Delton Paradise Awaits!"